“Great Layover Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 130 hotels in Miami
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Layover Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This hotel is perfect for the overnight layover at MIA.

The property is clean and quiet. The staff is very nice. The WiFi is free and fast.

Most importantly, the free shuttles between the hotel run regularly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

487 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights while in the area. The front desk staff was very friendly. I found my room to be large AND fairy clean. The food AND staff at the American Grill was great. I am a Hilton Diamond member AND I was very pleased with the service I received while I was a guest.Coleen was really nice, friendly AND helpful. I will definitely stay here again next time I am in the area. To the staff at HGI Miami airport west I would like to say thank you for a great enjoyable stay from check in to checkout.

• Stayed June 2012
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed here in early June. The property was immaculate, our room was very spacious, and, without exception, all of the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. My husband travels with his job and stays in many hotels. He commented that this was one of the nicest. We asked for extra pillows and they were brought to our room promptly.
The pool was clean and it was fun to watch the planes come in directly over us. They have a hot tub and we even noticed that they had a special chair that could be lowered into the water, making the pool handicapped accessible.
The breakfast was outstanding. Not free, but definitely worth the extra cost. Made to order omelets, bacon, pastries.....everything was delicious. We had a wonderful dinner at the Cuban restaurant across the street.
We travel to Miami fairly often because our daughter's surgeon is at Miami Children's Hospital. This is the second time to stay at this hotel and we were treated so nicely that we will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Grimstad, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The hotel had nice rooms and we liked the breakfast. It had fruit, juices, oatmeal, cerials, egg and brown bagels. They also had the muffins etc for those who like sweets for breakfast. The hotel was easy to find with our GPS. The location is good if you want to be near the airport, but otherwise it is a dead place. You cannot walk out and look around, you need a car to go somewhere. We went to Hollywood and that was very easy.(30 min). We were happy with our stay :-)

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I made the reservation using HH Points and it was well worth it. The location of the hotel is outstanding with many business around. The staff since check in were very friendly. I was assiged a room on the 7 floor room 11, great number. The room was clean and in very good shape. The pool was nice and clean. I had to pay for breakfast and the cost was about 12 which is a bit high but for me was well worth it. The staff serving breakfast were really nice. I have mobility problems and the hotel is very easy to get around.

Room Tip: I had room 711 and loved it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Friendly, helpful staff. Clean comfortable rooms, no great views, but I was traveling on business. Friendly staff at the bar, not outrageous prices. Cooked to order breakfast included in my corporate agreement, nice spread.

Room Tip: 7th (top) floor was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Simple hotel, clean and good amenities such as restaurant and bar. Easy to use for business and a great inexpensive "if you get stuck overnight at MIA" refuge. Staff were easy to work with and good energy in the facility.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!