“Newer HGI located near the airport” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now, Save up to 25%
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Newer HGI located near the airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I stayed here for an entire week on business and definitely enjoyed my stay. This is a newer property, so everything at this hotel is modern and nice. The rooms are very clean and the bed is comfortable. The hotel offers free internet, free parking, and has an outdoor hot tub and pool. The fitness center has a nice selection of equipment and met my needs. The only negative about this hotel is the location. It's adjacent to an industrial area and is located right in the path of a runway. Planes do fly directly overhead from time to time and may produce some jet noise in the rooms, although I didn't find the noise to be that bad. For some reason this hotel considers it an upgrade to get a room facing the airport and downtown.....all you really see is an industrial park so avoid paying for the upgrade and hope you get a pool view instead. I had a car and could drive to shopping and restaurants, but if you stay here without a vehicle you might feel trapped. I would definitely stay here again if the price is right.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We cannot understand the amazing reviews for this hotel. The staff at this hotel was very friendly, but it did not make up for the poor quality of the food, the uncomfortable beds and the awful location. The room service meal we ordered was cold and tasteless (they also forgot something and asked us to come down and get it!) The breakfast buffet, which cost $12, was worse than the complimentary meals we usually receive at comparable hotels; my husband and I both thought the eggs were the worst we ever had. Moreover, the beds were not very comfortable and the compressor on our mini-refrigerator was so loud that it woke us up several times in the night. Also, the location of the hotel is only good if you need to be at the airport very early in the morning, but it sounds at though the shuttle is not reliable. The hotel is right in the landing path of the airport. Planes fly directly over the hotel (only a couple hundred of feet above the building). Finally, the hotel is not that close to any nice area, it is also not well marked from the road and it is dangerous to get in and out of; you risk life and limb trying to walk anywhere. Other than the great desk staff, we found the hotel sub-par. Sorry guys.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

We stayed one night to catch an early morning flight. We had a rental car, so I can't say anything about their shuttle service. But we found it very easy to get back to the car rental return. The room was wonderful. One of the best I've ever stayed in. The woman at the front desk was extremely nice and very helpful. When I had trouble printing our boarding pass in the business center. She did it for me. She was quick to offer suggestions for dinner. We were too tired to go out and take her up on her suggestion, which was a shame because the Cuban restaurant she mentioned sounded good. We just ordered something there and took it to our room. Good food. And plenty of it. We ordered a sandwich to share and it was more than enough for the two of us. If I had to fly through Miami again with a layover, I would stay here.

El Dorado Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

Stayed at this hotel during a recent conference and it was quite pleasant! The hotel is just located off the airport so it's a good 10-15 minute drive, not to mention the hotel does offer complimentary shuttle service.

The hotel is fairly new, I'd say it's about 2-3 years old as it looked and even smelled quite fresh. The decor was very modern and contemporary throughout the hotel.

The entire front desk staff, from morning to afternoon to evening were all quite friendly and accommodating. But I have to say though when they get busy, they get slammed hard yet they remain calm and pleasant.

The room I stayed in was nicely furnished and was pretty spacious. It featured the same amenities you'd expect from every Hilton Garden Inn, such as the adjustable bed, which is so awesome and comfortable, complimentary high speed internet, microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker and 32" LCD TV. The bathroom however had a stand in shower, where the standing area was the size of a tub so you can literally fit two people in there. The showerhead however was placed rather high and for as tall as I am, I had a hard time adjusting the settings. My only complaint about the room was that the closet was very small, it had two sliding doors so the opening was barely big enough for me to fit my (carry on sized) suitcase in without scuffing the wall. Also, the room I was in faced the industrial area with a view of the airport so, I also experienced quite a bit of the flight path noise, which was pretty much from 7am sharp to about 11pm. A colleague of mine who stayed there too was facing the parking lot and said that she didn't hear the planes.

Their restaurants offerings were blah, it was the epitome of hotel food. You know, overpriced and under flavored food. But, since there aren't any restaurants withing walking distance it was either Mc Donald's/Denny's or the hotel...I choose the hotel. The evening restaurant staff could use a bit of attitude improvement. They weren't rude at all, they just could've been a little more attentive and warm & fuzzy.

The hotel gets a lot of the leisure travelers that are either staying prior/post cruise, which I learned the hard way as I was hoping to catch their shuttle to the airport but a family was catching it and they had more luggage and oversized souvenirs than people. I told the front desk agent to call a cab for me because there wasn't any room, which she did and told me that they'd pay for it due to the inconvenience. Way to go! I didn't mind paying for it but, that was customer service deluxe in the act!

Overall, this hotel was great. If I were back in the Miami area and needed to stay by the airport (and had a car) I'd stay here for sure.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

This hotel is a typical airport Hilton-clean, comfortable, simple breakfast in the morning. Price was affordable. Customer service was horrible. The shuttle took 45 minutes to arrive after calling for it (you have to call for the shuttle, it does not make scheduled stops, even though they say it does)...the drive to the hotel is only 12 minutes, so not sure why it took so long. We sat on the curb watching other hotel shuttles go by up to 3 times while waiting for our shuttle. The next morning, our scheduled 630am shuttle back to the airport actually left the hotel at 628 (per the front desk clerk)-without our group and another traveller scheduled to be on the shuttle. After arguing with us and why it was our fault that we missed the shuttle that left earlier than the scheduled time, the front desk attendent finally called a cab for us. The restaurant was out of half of the food items on the menu both nights that we stayed there. The rooms were fine, as one would expect with a higher-end chain hotel.

The only shining star was Catalina at the front desk, she was the only redeeming quality of our stay! We definitely will not be staying there in the future, due to the ridiculous shuttle and poor customer service.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We just returned from a trip to the Turks and Caicos. We choose for the first time to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn West Miami Airport the night before our departure. We could not have been more impressed. The room was very nice, clean and nicely appointed. What really sold us on this hotel was the friendliness of the staff. Everyone greets you as soon as you passed by them. We had a cooler of frozen food with us and they cheerfully put it in their freezer for keeping overnight. Another guest ask for a late checkout and the cheerful answer was Of Course! Every time I walked by the front desk they were assisting people with unusual requests, always granting them and never making a guest feel like they were doing a huge favor for them-they seemed genuinly pleased to help. We stayed at the hotel for 120.00 for the night. This was a cruise and stay rate. This included a full cooked to order breakfast, cold cereal bar and fresh fruit. This was normally 11.95 per person but it was included in our rate. We also left our car at the hotel for 2 weeks while we were out of the country and this was also included as well as transfers to and from the airport. We will definitely be back and rec. this to our friends who frequently cruise and fly out of Miami.

N. Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Very close to airport with shuttle. My wife and I stayed here going to - and coming from- a Caribbean destination. Both stays were terrific from the warm greeting checking in to the clean, comfortable rooms. Even the maids were friendly in the morning!
We did venture across the highway (very busy until after 7pm) to widen our dinner choices and found an excellent Peruvian restuarant in the strip mall - El Pollo Inka. A diverse menu with some recco's the hotel desk folks made - tasted delicious! Family run and good service too. What I also liked was the free high speed internet - never did get why the HGI's provide it free but you have to spend extra to get it at regular Hilton hotels.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!