“Excellent hotel : big complete suites + friendly and competent staff + transportation from/to the airport and mall” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West

10% off for AAA members
Ranked #13 of 129 hotels in Miami
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed 25 days and we felt at home.

The staff did everything possible to make us comfortable no matter how many times or what moment we asked !

We're looking forward to our next stay at this hotel !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

316 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a great last-minute hotel pick before we set sail on a cruise from the Port of Miami the next day. The room layout was very unique and the overall hotel atmosphere was quaint. Nice continental breakfast and convenient shuttle service as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hi Guys -- This was our first stay at a Homewood Suites and we were impressed. We didn't know what to expect, but we loved the layout of the suite, and it was quite roomy and comfy. Loved the full kitchen and that the living room was separate from the bedroom.

My biggest priority is ALWAYS the bed. And this bed had the super comfy type of mattress I like, very firm with a pillow top. The pillows were perfection as well, I think they were probably feather -- they were certainly not the uncomfy spongy kind! Your head is supported yet sinks in. zzzzzzzz

One thing we usually love is to be able to open the windows at night for fresh air, but none of the windows here open. Which is probably why it is so soundproof -- you can BARELY hear any planes going overhead, which really shocked me.

We are vegetarian, so the breakfasts and dinners they offered didn't really have much for us. The food we DID eat needed more flavor.

The front desk and the shuttle drivers were all super nice and helpful. I would absolutely stay here again! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool. Much prettier. :)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wasilla, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here overnight using our Hilton points, so it was free. The airport shuttle picked us up for free--it took about 10 min to drive. The personnel were friendly and courteous, but I felt at times they were more interested in chatting together behind the counter than helping me. I did ask for a late checkout and was given until 1400. This helped since our flight didn't leave until 1800. So they kept our bags behind the door and we went across the street to Denny's for lunch.

The room was average for this class of hotel, with a fake fireplace in the lobby, a small outdoor, unheated pool, small business center, and lobby area. The Internet was free and worked fine. A free breakfast was included, but we slept in so didn't experience that part. Wen it was time to leave, the driver was ready in less than 10 minutes. She was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay here for the value after a day of international flying from our St Lucian getaway. I normally always stay at Hilton properties for their fairly uniform quality and consistent service, but this experience has been the worst I've had at stays in over 50 properties. We called after getting all of our luggage as was previosly instructed, and it took us over 60 minutes and four more phone calls to finally get a ride. Each other hotel's courtesy shuttle rounded numerous times and ours could not be reached. Opting for value in this case was a frustrating experience after a day of traveling. We stayed at the beach on the overnight layover to Miami and got a cab there in less time than this whole ordeal. Would recommend staying elsewhere if you would actually like to leave the airport!

• Stayed January 2013
Adriana V, Manager at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience. It is important for me to know how you feel, and what you think of the Homewood Suites Miami Airport. It is my goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to me.

I would be looking forward having an opportunity to speak with you in person. Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with me. I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we are looking forward for another opportunity to serve you in our hotel

Adriana Vellojin
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had 3 rooms reserved in late Dec 2012. We faxed ahead our arrival time 11:30pm to give them a heads up for airport shuttle pickup. The pickup took 52 minutes after our first call, and we were stuffed illegally and unsafely into a van with Hilton Garden Inn people. But no one wanted to wait any longer so we had multiple people sitting on seats and one on the floor just so we could get it over with. The rooms were very comfortable but no free breakfast for Hilton Gold members, friendly but not enough staff could not overcome the sheer lunacy of how they do airport pickups.

Room Tip: 5th floor room was very quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

The feedback I receive from a valued guest like you enables me to target problems areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Specially when it comes to the service provided by our staff.

Adriana Vellojin
Operations Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Although this was an OK property with quiet and acceptable rooms, our experience wasn't great. We arrived very late and the night clerk barely spoke English. Took 4 calls from the airport to get picked up. The last call she asked if we were staying there (no I was just bored so I went to the airport so I could call you 4 times to ride your shuttle). The shuttle driver spoke no English.

The van they were using said Hilton on it and in small letters it had Homewood. Would have been nice if the clerk told us to look for a silver van with Hilton on the side of it but her English was so bad that I guess it would have been to much of an effort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West? Share your experiences!