“The worst HS I've stayed... ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
10% off for AAA members
Ranked #13 of 129 hotels in Miami
“The worst HS I've stayed... ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

As a frequent Hhonors customer, I've stayed in several Homewood Suites but this one is the one that tops mediocrity. For starters: small room, single elevator, lowsy service and the worst breakfast of all. Forget about the waffles or pancakes, not even orange juice! Compared with the other two Homewood Suites we used on this family vacation, this one stinks. To get an idea of how unclean this hotel was, people could not use the baby high seat in the dining room because it was full of ants and there was no one around to clean it up.

Foreign visitors use this hotel mostly for shopping since (on the bright side) it provides shuttles to and from Dolphin Mall and Sawgrass Mills. Other than that, I could not find any other reason to return to this hotel which is a disgrace to the Hilton family of fine hotels.

Room Tip: If you need a bigger room, make sure to reserve the corner rooms because all standard rooms are smal...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Adriana V, Manager at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience. It is important for me to know how you feel, and what you think of the Homewood Suites, Miami Airport West. I was very sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced during your stay at the hotel and that we were not able to meet your expectations. It is my goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to me.

The feedback I receive from a valued guest like you enables me to target problems areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I went ahead and address all the issues you encounter with the respective department and department heads; I can guarantee you that the level of service we will offer to our guest will always be the best. I personally had looked into all the things you had said and whatever needs to be corrected will be taken care immediately. We pride ourselves on the service and accommodations we offer and each team member works hard to make sure every guest is extremely satisfied and that always will be our goal.
Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with and giving us the opportunity to learn and get better. I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we are really looking forward for another opportunity to serve you in our hotel and offer you an excellent hotel experience. If you should ever need anything do not hesitate to contact me, and I will do my best to make your next stay a perfect stay.

Adriana Vellojin
Director of Operations
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport West
3590 NW 74Th Ave, Miami Fl 33122
P: 305-629-7831 Ext 6003 F: 305-418-1983

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Satellite Beach,Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Checked in late on Saturday night after NASCAR race in Homestead, as soon as we got out of my truck a jet flew over it was loud and my wife and I just looked at each other. Checked in, lady at the front desk was very nice and friendly. Had a rooom on the top floor and had expected a long night of aircraft noise but looked out the window could see them flying by BUT NO NOISE. Had a real good night sleep. Would stay here anytime.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed at this property during a recent business trip and was very pleased to find an upgraded room being held for me. The upgraded room boasted two bedrooms each with a bathroom, a small living room area, and of course a kitchen. Unfortunately I was only there one night because the room set up would have been nice for a much longer stay. The room was clean from one end to the other and everything worked as designed. The front desk staff was outstanding, always smiling and willing to offer assistance as needed. The only drawback of the place was trying to find the entrance. Maybe I missed it, but there was no signage near the main road. The hotel sits back off of the road and I missed the access road not once but twice. A little signage would be helpful. I was also disappointed with the limited breakfast selection. I've stayed at many Homewood Suites and this property did not compare in the breakfast department. Overall, my stay was quite good. If in the area again, I will make it a point to stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We needed overnight accomodations before taking a cruise, and with airline on-time performance slipping, decided to arrive a day early to minimize stress before starting our venture. The Homewood Suites provided a free shuttle from the airport after we phoned them upon arrival. They are in radio / phone contact with the driver and tell him who to look for in the crowd that lines the sidewalk where shuttles run constantly. We had a short wait and were promptly delivered to the hotel. Next door is another Hilton Hotel and it contains a ground floor restaurant and bar, so after getting to our room we walked to it for a light dinner. Our room was in excellent condition, and totally quiet. We had a king bed studio which comes with a nice sitting area, a kitchen, spacious bathroom, and the bed is at the opposite end of the living area.
The bed was very comfortable as well as the upholstered furniture. The kitchen is furnished but the cabinet doors are locked unless you require plates, silverware, cooking tools for a fee. Microwave and refridgerator are complimentary. In the morning, they serve a breakfast in the lobby area which includes all the basics with the exception of any meat items like bacon, ham, sausage. They also have a waffle maker that was not in service. The lobby area also contains a small convience "store" stocking things you might need like toothbrush, aspirin, bottled water, pop and so on. Across the 8 lane highway from the hotel are a couple of fast food restaurants, but to be safe, you will need to walk about .5 miles to cross with signal lights, then walk back .5 miles to where they are located. The sidewalks were flooded from a recent rain, so we had to use one of the lanes of the highway to do this in our attempts to find a pharmacy. Although it showed on the outdoor advertising sign, it had closed recently, so our walk was just for exercise. The hotel also runs a shuttle to a nearby Walmart on a fixed schedule that did not work with our schedule unfortunately. We did take advantage of the free shuttle to the Port of Miami to catch our ship. This was a very enjoyable stay, the staff really works to accomodate you. The only negative about the facility is it served by a single elevator and that means waiting sometimes 3 minutes or more to get to or from your room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor that is away from the elevator.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was stranded for a night in Miami because of storm Sandy.
So we looked around for a place and we found this place.
Good location between the Airport and the Dolphin Mall.
This Place does even has shuttle to Wall-Mart and the Dolphin Mall (which we didn't need, but good to know)
The Room was clean and the bed was comfortable (which was needed from all the crab American Airlines tried to offer and not even free either) hehe :)
Great was that there is Free-Wi-Fi wich is handy to check on the flight-status

Breakfast was ok, not the greatest but was fine, it be greater if the waffle machine would have been in use :)

Otherwise great for what we needed...

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Breakfast was poor on 10/27/2012. We expected to have Belgium waffle for breakfast but there was none. No hash brown, no sausage or bacon strip, only some bacon bits. The scrambled egg was cold. The female staff who was working there was not attentive at all. Spoons ran out. We were trying to get some more scrambled eggs some time at around 10am but she just took the pan away right in front of us. The fruits in the fruit basket looked pretty bad. At night, one of the pear was rotten and flies flying around it and on it. Coffee was only lukewarm. There was no hot water. The room looked clean except the table which wasn't cleaned properly.

Oranjestad, Aruba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I recently stayed here for a week. Upon arrival in the hotel the staff treated us very friendly and in a very proffesional way, she advised us that our room was not ready as yet, but we can have a seat and they would let us know when it was ready, it only took them 5 minutes, which was very good.

We booked a two queen bed room, the room was very spacious, had its own kitchen and living room,they had the menu of the dinner on the refridgerator for a friendly reminder of what there is going to be. Rooms were cleaned everyday.

The breakfast was fabulous, each day you had various selection of what you would like to eat, and in the afternoon, although small dinner, it was fabulous.

The hotel is very close to the airport, if you were to be standing outside there would be planes passing right over you, but at night or if you would have to take a nap, you would not here them self.

Location is very central of everything. The hotel offer shuttle to/from the airpot, Dolphin and Wallmart, thus for clients who do not have a car, this would be perfect if you are on a shopping vacation.

The hotel is very clean, very new, no funny oders or smell. They also have a business center that is open 24 hours, this is good for clients that is on a business trip.

I would definetly be back at this hotel!! Very much worth everything!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West? Share your experiences!