“Great Hotel for Business Travelers!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
10% off for AAA members
Ranked #12 of 130 hotels in Miami
Orlando, Florida
“Great Hotel for Business Travelers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

This was my first trip to Miami, and I came here on a business trip (stayed for 4 days 3 nights), and I must say that this hotel was great, especially for the price!

Staff - Extremely friendly and helpful. I spoke to them a few times asking for local restaurants that deliver, area attractions, etc. Every single staff member I interacted with (I did not get any specifc names unfortunately) went above and beyond to ensure that everything was perfect for my stay.

Room - I stayed at a studio/suite type room, which was more than large enough to accomodate myself or a couple. The room had a kitchenette, desk, dresser, couch, coffee table, dining table, and a bed with nightstands. The usual amenities were in place (hangers, ironing board/iron, paper pads/pens, etc). The bed and pillows were clean and comfortable. The only issue I had with the bedding was that on the 2nd night, it seems as if they tried to use the wrong size sheet (looked like a queen trying to be a king) but it didn't really make a large difference. The other nights I was here they were appropriately sized. I stayed in the 3rd floor, back side, facing an industrial park area which was an awful view, but there weren't really any rooms with good views. This hotel is definitely better suited for business travelers, airport pilots/flight attendants, or people coming to Miami to party and just need a place to crash. While the flight path from MIA is directly over the hotel, within the room you barely even notice. One of the nicer features of the room that sounds simple is all of their lamps in the room had 2 outlets on the base that were extremely accessible saving you the hunt of finding the ones in the wall. The bathroom was decent sized, and had a seperate room for the shower and toilet from the sink area, which was nice. Be advised: the shower is a glass door shower and not a shower/tub combo, so if you're looking for a bath too bad!

Kitchen - it consisted of a small kitchenette to the left. While I never utilized it during my stay, it was extremely well stocked and clean. It consisted of a full size refrigerator/freezer combo, including an ice maker, a 2 burner glass top stove, oven, dishwasher, large microwave, and a small table with chairs to eat at. The kitchen included real plates/silverware, assorted sized pots and pans, cooking utensils, salt and pepper packets, microwave popcorn, coffee and condiments, and even an empty pitcher in the fridge to fill up with water.

Hotel Amenities - There was a decent sized pool, as well as a half basketball court in the back area. There is also a typical hotel sized gym (though it was nice that each machine had an individual TV to watch). The business center was 24 hour access, and had 2 computers to utilize, as well as printer/fax machine/copier. They even had supplies to mail out packages through UPS, FedEx, and USPS. If a a business center isn't your thing - be advised that there is also free WiFi you can access. There was a 24 hour mini mart area as well, which sold: snacks, soda, water, beer, wine, liquor, toiletries, beach accessories, etc. The prices were reasonable for a hotel (I think I paid $3 for a toothbrush and toothpaste). The hotel also offers a free shuttle service (meant for airport transport) but they were more than willing to take you anywhere within a few miles. When I had arrived at the airport and called the hotel for the shuttle, it arrived promptly within 10 minutes. The only downside, which I believe is a gripe against the Miami Airport and not the hotel, was the system they use for the shuttles. As opposed to having an area with a spot marked for each hotels shuttle, they were just driving by in the middle lane and you had to flag it down.

Hotel Dining - The hotel has no restaurant on site, nor does it offer any type of room service. The hotel does offer a complimentary breakfast, which houses a large variety of hot and cold items. Some of the items were: Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Hash Browns, Croissants, Donuts, Bagels, Fresh Fruit, Oatmeal, Coffee, Juice, etc. The food wasn't phenomal blow your mind awesome, but how often is any hotels complimentary breakfast? I will say that the hot food was hot, and the cold food was cold, and everything tasted fresh. One of the things that sets this hotel apart from many others was the evening meal service offered. They hosted what is called a "Manager's Reception" M-TH, offering a complimentary "light" evening snack. I would say that is slightly misleading, and that they are essentially offering you a full complete dinner. Some of the items were: Baked Cod, Fried Chicken, Rice Pilaf, Mashed Potatoes, Salad Bar, Soup, Steamed Vegetables, etc. What was even more surprising is that they also offer complimentary beverages, but not just tea/coffee, but also beer and wine. They had a beer tap set up with Bud Light and Michelob Amber Bock, as well as carafes of Red and White Wine which was all complimentary!

Location - I have already touched upon the magnificent view from my room. That pretty much sets the tone for the location of the hotel. The area itself was not the greatest, as there isn't a whole lot of places within walking distance. Across the street there is a gas station, Subway, McDonalds, Wendys, Dennys, and a liquor store. The hotel parking lot seemed very safe and secure, especially with security patrolling around 24/7.

Long story short: If you are looking for a place that offers clean comfortable rooms, while simutaneously offering excellent customer service, this is the place. If you are looking for a resort or vacation destination, you might be better off going towards the South Beach area. This is definitely aimed towards people who just want an extremely comfortable place to stay!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
West Palm Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

My girlfriends and I were in town for the Latin Music Half Marathon. We checked in Saturday after the expo and were greeted by a very friendly, accommodating staff. When we returned after dinner we were looking in the snack bar/mini store for something we could eat for breakfast before our race since we'd be leaving before their breakfast would be available. We didn't really see anything good for a pre-race breakfast and asked a staff member at the desk if it would be possible to get a couple bananas. He came out a few minutes later with ziplock bags with a banana, apple, grapes, yogurt, napkin, and spoon for each of us!! We were so stunned and thrilled by his thoughtfulness! And I have to say the grapes were awesome!! Thank you!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stay here for business and it's a nice hotel. The food isn't outstanding but it's free and really makes a difference when you have worked a long day and need something quick. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. I really enjoy staying here as other obviously do because if I have to make a last minute trip to MIA it's booked! Staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I had a room at the back of the building that was similar to a studio, not the two separate room con...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Crown Point, Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

My family and I have been staying at this hotel since its opening about 4 times a year . Its a wonderful place, excellent service, comfortable and clean rooms, good breakfast and light dinners. The staff: Jenny, Yube, Leidy, Martha, Raymond, Miguel, Santa, Johanna and the Sales Manager, and others all go out of their way to make your stay an unforgettable one. I definetely recommend here. The location is perfect as it's right off the Palmetto Highway. There's also a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport, Dolphin Mall, International Mall, Walmart, Publix and a few other nearby places in case you don't have a car.

Room Tip: If you are staying for sometime, it's helpful to know that the laundry is on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
EDMONTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Stayed here for a week, and for the most part enjoyed it. The rooms were large and clean and well maintained. King sizes bed was very comfortable but the shower felt cramped. I guess those bent shower curtain rods really do give you more room. The shower in our room had glass doors so there was not the shoulder room you get with a curtain.

The included breakfasts were edible, but nothing was really hot. Most of the so called hot food was only warm, but the temperature was a whole lot lower than, i think, safe food handling recommendations would permit, but isn't that what an immune system us for? I never actually tested temps other than with my tongue. Taste was good for the most part. Coffee was strong and hot.

They have their welcome home dinner available weeknight. Again, nothing spectacular and nothing really hot. But there was wine and beer included.

The hotel is right underneath an approach to Miami International. It is interesting sitting by the pool and looking up to see the underbelly of a 747 or several other planes passing by. Our room was facing the pool and the pool area seems to catch and amplify the sounds of the jets passing over. It was noticeable for the first several days, and nights, but soon faded into the background noise after a while. If you are not used to noise or are sensitive to it, I would suggest you get a room on the south or west sides of the hotel.

Overall quite a nice place. Seems safe and secure with security patrols of the grounds and attentive staff. all the staff I had dealings with were polite and helpful. Accessing the hotel can be a challenge, as can getting out by trying to make a left turn from the drive way. Miami drivers are nuts!!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool seem to be more prone to jet noise
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
JESTRADA3590, Manager at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with your dining experiences. I have brought your comments to our culinary team and we are actively working to fix the food temperature problem with your recommendations in mind. The next time you are in Miami we would love to have you come back to see the changes we have made and provide feedback. Thank you once again for your comments.
Tacoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights mid November. Being on the 5th floor (5 of 5 floors) and in the flight path of the landing planes into Miami, I thought for sure we would hear the planes landing but was pleasantly amazed at how quiet the room was. Room was very clean, and the beds & pillows very comfortable. Good nights sleep.
We arrived/checked in very late so the next morning I asked the cleaning lady if I could just get some fresh towels as no need to clean room since we'd only been in it for a few hours. Not only did she give me the towels I asked for, she gave me hand towels, wash cloths, TP and paper towels and made sure we had everything we needed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Sulphur Springs, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We had a group res of about 14 rooms for a family reuinion, we had family from all over US as well as UK. Most of the desk staff was WODERFUL especially Yubi, she went the extra mile, but what put a BIG dent in our high esteem for the hotel was the extremly disdainful attiitude of senior desk clerk Martha, who was downright RUDE, as was the night auditor,who disappeared for long periods, they basically had the attitude "Why the hell are you here" bordering on xenophobia. In our group were 5 hoteliers inc myself,we operate from a Hilton Garden down to a Super 8 , if any of my staff were to show this bad an attitude to guests they would be facing extensive retraining or even dismissal.
Also the breakfast was COLD two days running, those who came in for b/fast at 6 am found luke warm food if you came in later you were out of luck, as they refused to let us use microwave, there were vegetarians in our group, they were told there was no fruit even when we could SEE piles of it inthe back kitchen. Overall for me, an eyeopening stay as far as service is concerned I am glad the staff at my hotel is well trained.

Room Tip: all rooms are good, aircraft noise but not bad. Excellent housekeeping staff
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
JESTRADA3590, Manager at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with our staff have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area

Been to Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West? Share your experiences!