“One of the nicest campgrounds” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miami Everglades Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Miami Everglades Resort
You added Miami Everglades Resort to your Saves list
20675 SW. 162nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33187 (Formerly Miami Everglades Campgrounds)   |
Ranked #5 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“One of the nicest campgrounds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Friendly helpful staff a, lush green grass, shade trees, very clean bathrooms. Walking track around the park,pool and small grocery store finish up the list of amenities.

Long term campers in separate area and camping cabins located throughout the park. Designated tent camping area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Melbourne, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Four days before our planned trip to Miami, I made a reservation and paid for it on line. Two days before the trip the RV developed a mechanical problem. I immediately wrote and explained the situation and requested they cancel the reservation. Of course they weren't going to give me a refund (even though they had two days notice), so I asked if they would give me credit against a future date which I would confirm as soon as the RV was repaired. They told me no!

So, I guess they'd rather have my free and easy $40 now, than to have me as a future camper who has many friends to visit in the Miami area.

Not very considerate people!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Brian S, Public Relations Manager at Miami Everglades Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Joe. So sorry to hear that your RV had mechanical issues, we really hope you are able to get them fixed soon. We do have a cancellation policy in place to ensure that we don't turn away people who need reservations and have someone cancel at the last minute. However, a situation like yours is clearly something beyond your control and we definitely don't want to lose you as a camper. Please reach out to the campground directly and ask for Barb, she will be expecting your call. While we cannot give you a credit for the original stay, we would like to extend a 50% discount if you want to return this year.
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I love this well kept campground. I live locally and go there for a quick relaxing getaway. The pool is kept sparkling clean and is always refreshing. The campground feels secure and they don't allow unregistered visitors. My grandson loves the time we spend there. I have been going there for 30 years and have witnessed many changes. It seems the staff there now has lasted awhile so that's a good thing. Managers must be hard on the staff, who from what I've observed, work very hard for them.

• Stayed May 2014
Salisbury, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

It is a nice campground and plenty to do there when we went it was crowded cause everone from up north being there.we will stay here again cause they have so much .the pool is huge, they have a hot tub, shuffle board , playground for the kids, just so much more

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We just got back from the campground today. This was our third time there.
It's only about 30 minutes from our house, but boy do we feel like we've traveled far.
The campground is spotless. The staff is amazing, always willing to answer any questions.
They do allow people to spend the day there for $7 a day, which is fine, because they are so aware of everyone coming in and out. And most people that go are there to spend the day with family and friends. We already booked for Father's Day weekend. Can't wait!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights as we visited the Everglades and Miami Beach. Nice clean resort, nice pool and play areas for kids and adults. Pull thru sites, nice camp store and good location. We would stay here again without thinking twice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Wildwood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is by far one of the greatest campgrounds i've stayed at. We stayed 3 weeks in a fifth wheel. The wonderful experience started the moment we checked in. The office/store/giftshop is great. The store is fully stocked with everything I needed. I bought lots of great reasonably priced gifts. The staff is super nice and helpful. They always had answers for me concerning mail and packages. The laundry room is so clean I felt like I was home. The grounds was so clean. The staff is always cleaning, mowing and riding around checking on everything full time. I felt very safe there because someone is always out day and night watching. All the staff lives on the grounds so they are always aware of what is going on and who is coming in or leaving. If the Good Lord is willing I will be going back again. It is a great place to stay! Also, the pool and hot tub is super clean!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Miami Everglades Resort? Share your experiences!