“JUST DON'T GO TO LUDO'S” 1 of 5 stars

305) 447-3055
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Our Restaurant is an authentic Italian cousin , we have a lot of fresh sea food, chicken ,red meats etc...
Los Angeles
“JUST DON'T GO TO LUDO'S”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went to Ludo's for lunch in Jan. 2013 and had what I can only describe as a meal that was created from dumpster food! I wish that I were exaggerating, but I'm not! The only other couple there got into a fight with the owner(Ludo?)and stormed off without paying. I was so hungry that I ate some of the worst food I have ever been served in any restaurant I have been to and later regretted it as I started to feel quite sick. AVOID! This place can't possibly survive much longer in chic Coconut Grove.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“WHAT HAPPENED?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This used to be a good restaurant with a real Italian in the kitchen. We had several excellent meals there, so when our Italian friends (visiting from Palermo) were homesick for REAL Italian food, we took them to Ludo's.

We promised our friends a great dinner, but what we had was great embarrassment. There were eight us. Everyone ordered something different, and every dish was just plain awful. Needless to say, we never went back and never will.

How can a restaurant go from terrific to terrible in just a few months? I don't know, and at this point I don't care.

Visited December 2012
Hamilton, Canada
“Fabulous experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

A truly excellent visit. Very welcoming owner with a wealth of 60 years of
Experience. Great wine recommendation and possible the best home made lobster lasagna ever!
Good prices and a completely enjoyable affair

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Indifferent Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Looking to have dinner in one of the great restaurants in coconut grove we stepped randomly into Ludo's. It was sunday night right after the parade and there was a bustling atmosphere. As we sat the all of us went to the bathroom, made calls and comment on the results of the day. During this time no one took our order or even offered us water to drink while we waited. When we asked for attention we where reprimanded and told to wait our turn. The restaurant was beginning to fill up and it was clear they wouldn't be able to handle a crowd. Soon after we sat up and left.

The service seemed indifferent to the fact that we where there. The location just lacked attention to detail and a welcoming atmosphere that characterizes the grove.

Wouldn't visit it again!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“In one word, Wonderfulllll!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

If you want great Italian food this is the place. I recommend ordering one of their many delicious pasta dishes. Lobster Linguini is amazing. Atmosphere They have Italian Music, and service are wonderful. You will enjoy this restaurant , wine and atmosphere without paying too much!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited October 2012