“Location is the only thing going for this place.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Buena Vista Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mexico Beach
Buena Vista Motel
You added Buena Vista Motel to your Saves list
U.S. Highway 98, PO Box 13144, Mexico Beach, FL 32410   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mexico Beach
“Location is the only thing going for this place.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

This is What you would expect from a $40room. I had to go to the car and dig out some socks to wear because the floor was so grimy and dirty Cracks in the door. Rigged ac vacuum at 8 am above us.

• Stayed June 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Indianola, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed at the Buena Vista Motel on April 21-23, 2012 and had a great time. The room was comfortable, clean, practical, and quiet. Mike and his crew are hospitable and laid-back. I felt very welcome to make myself at home there! The beach is right out the back door, the grocery store (excellent, too, by the way) is right across the street, and next to door to that is a great local seafood joint. What else do you need? Kick off your shoes and stay awhile. I went barefoot the entire time at the motel and beach. I could not have asked for a better place to stay and relax on the beach for a few days. Thanks Mike!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed at two places in Mexico City. I would not stay here unless the other three hotels were sold out. Sheets were worn so thin they were scratchy. Bathroom small and everything very dated. Lock broken on room door. Service was good and location is excellent is the only reason for three star rating.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

If their was ever a quaint little place to be, folks, this is it. The people here are fantastic. I had been told by a really good friend that if I ever visited Mexico Beach, this was the place to stay. I am so thankful that I did just that. The management treated me like I was family and royalty at the same time. I highly recommend this place to any and everyone that wishes to be treated the best ever. There's no dealing with mounds of people, the service was the best I've had in years.

Room Tip: In this case, any room you receive is a good room. No pictures just yet, but will post at a later da...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Daleville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

I had a great time @ the Buena Vista Motel ... I would tell anyone to come n stay there n the people were great to me n the rooms were clean to ...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Just got back from a four day stay at the Buena Vista. Could not have been better. Mike, the guy who runs the place, was very friendly and told me what choices I had for entertainment in Mexico Beach in the winter. It turns out I needed go no further than the beach. The rooms are clean and if you can deal with getting your own towels from the office, you will have a relaxing vacation. Maybe you will find Mike doing some Bar-B-Que on the grill down in the "Tiki Bar". If the coals are hot you can join the fun and you might even hear some music.
When I checked in I had a stress level of about 110%. When I checked out it was down to about 5% and that's cause I had to leave. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Try to get room #5, it is upstairs and has a GREAT view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

This is a small motel (6 rooms) right on the beach. We were in #5, upstairs and beach side. Great panaramic views of the beach from a wrap around wooden balcony. Room was plain but clean with 2 full size beds, TV, dining table & chairs, kitchenette consisting of sink, microwave and coffee pot, but not stocked for cooking. NO telephone, clock, blow dryer or bath essentials. Mattresses were managable, internet mostly did not work but we were able to connect occasionally to other nearby unsecured networks.

Did see cockroaches in the kitchen and bath areas, so makes me question the maintenance & upkeep of the building overall. The areas under and around the building were rather unkempt and in need of spiffing up some. The parking was very limited. So my rating for this area would be "poor" at the very most. Of course, we were there in January and this was the off season.

Mike the owner is a bachelor and a jolly, laid back sort. He was very helpful with recommendations and directions, but seemed to be MIA alot the few times we had requests for towels etc. Again...it was the off season.

Gulf Foods, the local grocery store is right across the street and very well stocked with all food items, essentials and a gift shop. Killer Seafood across and down the highway 1/2 block (although they were closed while we were there). Toucan's is a one block walk down the beach. All area restaurants, shops, businesses and bars are within a couple of miles.

All in all, we had a great stay. Would recommend Buena Vista Motel if you want "no frills" and pretty much "self serve". FYI, we paid $75 per night in January very reasonable for the fantastic view and location.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a beach side room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Buena Vista Motel? Share your experiences!