“Probably not again.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 11 Restaurants in Mexico Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: I can't believe this hasn't yet been reviewed. I specifically picked up a business card on the way out in order to leave a favorable review because it was so exceptionally good.
fort oglethorpe
“Probably not again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Seafood was not bad just not good. We eat at as many small town small seafood places as we can while on vacation, this one was not a family fav. We would have been better off at captain D's.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Ga
“If you don't eat a lot of seafood it's okay!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We eat seafood a lot! We try a lot of different places we try to try all the ones that are not a chain... We want to support the small business person. Jason gave us really good service but the seafood was okay. The stuffed shrimp was good.

Visited October 2012
Bon Aqua
“Don't go for breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Looking for an authentic breakfast experience, all we got was poor service and disappointing food. It's nothing you can't make better at home. I couldn't tell if they just didn't have enough staff or if the staff didn't care. The coffee was burnt. The hollandaise was terrible. It was an altogether forgettable experience.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Tallahassee, Florida
“Recent Take out Surprised us!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have been going to the Fish House in Mexico Beach for decades. It was just a good ol average fishing village restaurant. This last time we decided to get take out and share a meal. We ordered the Grouper and Shrimp platter. My husband who is very picky about seafood said it was some of the best fried grouper he has had in a long while. The shrimp were not too bready and were lightly dusted and quickly fried so as not to be greasy. We both agreed that the Fish House needs to be reconsidered after this Friday night Take Out! The salad was fresh and the baked potato was perfect. Now the question is an ongoing one at the beach..... can the quality remain consistent. That has always been an issue when dining out at the beach.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Niceville, Florida
“SLOW SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were part of a reservation made for approximately 40 people. While our orders were taken promptly, it took over an hour and a half to receive our food! They did not seem low on staff so I am not sure what the problem was. I spoke to the manager and he could not explain either but just apologized. I ordered the scallops and everyone at my table tasted them and told me they were NOT scallops that it was stingray. I had never heard of such!!! They were just curious as to the way they looked. All I can say was they tasted different but did have the consistency of scallops as well as a variety of sizes!
My friend ordered a salad w/ grilled chicken on top. Her salad came out but with no chicken. The waitress took it back then an hour later served her salad AGAIN, with NO chicken. In fact, she brought out the original salad!
Then, another ordered chicken alfredo which arrived after everyone else had completed their dinner. she had to ask for a to-go box. All in all, I would never recommend this restaurant--this is just a warning.

• 1 of 5 stars Food