“Gee what happened? Not up to Popeye's standards!!” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Fast Food
Homosassa, Florida
“Gee what happened? Not up to Popeye's standards!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We are BIG Popeye's fans. We stopped into this franchise on a recent trip and were more than disappointed. It definitely was way below par for Popeye's. The pieces were small and not well seasoned. Glad the one in Spring Hill Florida is supurb

Visited July 2014

Mims, Florida
“Horrible service and unorganized ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Not only did the person taking my order tell me to hold on after getting half the order, he then asked can I help you again after he took the first half of the order. By the way it was one combo meal.... not terribly complicated. I drove around and paid over 10 dollars and then they were going to let me leave without the large tea I ordered. I told them I ordered one and a guy came around the corner and said did you pay for it? He was going to charge me 6 bucks for a tea. The girl at the window told him I already paid and then he asked for my receipt.... I gave it too him while someone got my drink. Then he had the nerve to say oh you already paid for it (no kidding). After all that fiasco I didn't get the ranch dipping sauce I asked for after he repeated my order at the window. I don't expect much from a fast food chain but this is the experience I get every time I go. I haven't been in a while and this will be my last visit. Other places are willing to just give you a drink for the misunderstanding on their part just to please the customer but this guy made me feel like I was stealing when I actually paid! I work in retail so I know how customer service works, obviously this guy is new to the job. Even if you're not sure if someone paid, you can tactfully ask or know your equipment and check the receipts. I wanted to give them another chance and this was it..... no thank you.

Merritt Island, Florida
“Not the best nor worst”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Great staff, same food, and prices are what they are. We love the fact that the have no need to rush you as it isn't easy to get food orders from 4 kids and a spouse. They keep the place clean and the staff seems to always be happy to always see you.
Staff

NY/NJ Metro
“Love Popeyes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Same great tate...different location! Absolutely the best chain fried chicken...maybe the best chicken anywhere!

Merritt Island, Florida
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Too expensive for what you get. Restaurant interior was dirty. Have not returned.