“My wife’s favorite place!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Merritt Island, Florida
“My wife’s favorite place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had lunch there about an hour ago so the details are still fresh in my mind. The food was great! My wife likes the enchiladas and tamales and I always go for the chicken burrito. Complimentary chips were hot and fresh from the fryer and the complimentary salsa was just right; not too chunky and not too hot for my liking. Portions were LARGE and we both took leftovers home. I’ve had the veggie burrito there too and it has always been good. My only complaint is that the music was a bit too loud for conversation. They should wait to jack up the volume for the happy-hour crowd (We were there at noon).
This restaurant is not a chain; it's very clean and well maintained and I think you can see that there is pride in ownership. Our service today was perfect. Weekend patrons beware... they are not open on Sunday.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Mexican Jail!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The owner Alberto, calls El Tucan his Mexican Jail, primerally because he is there all the time, in order to insure that each and every meal arrives at your table hot, fresh and delicious. I have dined here on numerous ocasions sampling the varied menu, and never once been disapointed. The main things at this establshment that impressed me are: The Three C's... cleanliness, consistantcy and couterious service.
Stop by and meet the "jailer", if he's not out on an errand or with his family. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Love the Parrot theme”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Your average mexican food place. Their nacho platter is a disaster. A soggy mess with all the wet stuff on top of the nacho's. Place was crowded but a lot of food was left uneaten. If you should order the nacho platter, ask for the toppings on the side and you'll be happier. The other items I've eaten here were Ok.

Visited November 2012
Cocoa, Florida
“Mexican and Cuban - awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Went for lunch with my daughter- whenever we are in town, we go to El Tucan! The food is excellent, and service very good, too. Had the guacamole with chips and salsa, pork mojo (my favorite!) and my daughter had the ropa vieja. The portions are HUGE, and the food is really delicious. Got the spicy chicken with pineapple to go for my husband; it was enough for two meals. If you like Mexican, highly recommend it. Prices very reasonable, too.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockledge, Florida
“Mojo pork. Wow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Enough for dinner and tomorrows lunch. Margaritas very tummy. Hubby loves the chicken with garlic. We will visit again real soon. Great location.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere