“Worst Restaurant Experience I Ever Had” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Melbourne Beach, FL
“Worst Restaurant Experience I Ever Had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I am a restaurant owner in Michigan. I never write reviews on restaurants because I know how difficult it is to be in the restaurant business. However, I was with a group of 15 people who had reservations at Davids for our New Years Eve Dinner. The restaurant experience was a TRUE NIGHTMARE!!!

First of all our reservation was for 7 PM. We were on time and nobody was late. The restaurant only had a table for 14 and instead of just adding an extra chair, the owner David insisted that we made the reservation for 14 and not 15 and he made us all feel funny. Then after we were all seated the waitress Stella came by and said Oh, maybe you need menus. No drink order was taken and when she came back with the menus 35 minutes later, she dropped them off and didn't take a drink order. By the time our group received their first drink we had been sitting in a room for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Then after we received that so called drink our waitress left and came back 45 minutes later to take our dinner order.

So to get this straight we were sitting for 1 hour and 55 minutes before our dinner order was taken.

After that it gets better! We are well into sitting for over 2 hours when I go and talk to the owner David. I tell him that we are regular customers, we come there frequently which my group does. I myself have been there 2 times in the last 14 days not counting today. I told David we have been sitting people are restless and no food or any drink refills have been served and people are thinking about leaving. The response I received from David was this quote, "Well if you want to leave that is your prerogitive."

Well we are just touching the surface because it doesn't get any better. When the food starts to come out it is wrong, salads and apps come out for some people and not others, then the main entrees start to arrive and the food for 14 people out of 15 is stone cold, no dessert, no coffee, no drink refills.

I am sorry to have to write all this but I am in this business and people like David, the owner of David's are what give good restaurant proprietors a bad name. After eating here people, my friends who some don't eat out as much as I do, will quit eating out period.

When we left the restaurant, David, the owner of David's was at the door, he didn't say a word. No, I'm sorry, No come back again, NO NOTHING.

I believe that this was the worst restaurant experience I may have ever had in my entire life and I am sorry you all had to read about it here.

Vern

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Derby, United Kingdom
“Excellent ribs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

David's is an excellent restaurant - the food was very good with attentive staff. Sammi our server on both of our visits was top class. The night was made special when David himself came to our table to check everything was good - a really nice touch. We shall be back next year

Visited November 2013
cameron0701, Owner at David's Steak and Seafood, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for telling everyone about our ribs, we try hard to satisfy our guests with all of our menu items.

Warmest Regards,

“Great great great!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Went to this restaurant tonite and we're so glad we did. The mahi mahi and fried shrimp were excellent, and the filet mignon was sheer perfection. The au gratin potatoes, creamed corn with bacon, and zucchini were great sides. The service was great. Our only complaint this evening was that we had no spoons - to eat the last drops of the creamed corn and sauce with the zucchini!!

cameron0701, Owner at David's Steak and Seafood, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
It is wonderful to hear that we met your expectation. It is a pleasure to serve you, I hope we have the opportunity again in the future.

minneapolis, mn
“Good food, comfortable surroundings.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Good meal, 2 for 1 happy hour til close. Off the menu specials.
Warm bread and flavored butters with it to start the meal. Many choices of sides to go with the entree. The au gratin potatoes are delicious. Attentive staff and a visit from the owner to see that everything was fine, with a "thank you for dining with us". Good steak house as they used to be.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
One of the things we strive for is for people to be comfortable in our restaurant. Than you for your gracious comments.

St. Louis, MO
“Wonderful experience and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My family and I had dinner tonight at this restaurant and it was so good we would recommend to anyone. We all had different dishes but we were all impressed with what we had. We had the shrimp platter one grilled and one fried, both were reported to be very good, we had the crusted Tilapia and the Mahi mahi both were also reported as very good. It was right around the corner from the house we are renting and we chose it due to other reviews that were written and we were not disappointed. The service was excellent and the food was really good, we were sat quickly, and the atmosphere was cute and comfortable. I should also mention we had the crab cake appetizer and it was SO good!!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I try to let the staff and managers know how our Trip Advisor guest feel about us.