“Great for Romance!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Brevard County, FL
“Great for Romance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Romantic anniversary dinner. Our server made it even more so with his excellent suggestions! Try the Baked Brie with Apples and Almonds, so good. So is the escargot!! Absolutely delicious and perfect for any special occasion (or not)!

Visited June 2012

Indian Harbour Beach FL
“Continental”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is a great spot for lunch. Good quiche and salad's. Gourmet touche and pleasant surroundings. It's a birthday favorite.

Visited July 2012
Orlando, Florida
“so so this time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We have been patrons for over ten years - usually I get the scallops which are amazing. This time three of us dined, the appetizers, coconut shrimp, brie crepes ( this time crepes seemed fried - really strange) and the escargot were very good.

However all of out entrees were just fair - husband had steak, bit overcooked (if we didn't have a show we were getting late for, he would have had it exchanged) my pasta with shimp was bland (and way too much pasta) and my son's grouper was really dry.

We think we will not go back soon, but try some other dining options. Service was pretty good, as always.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
florida
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I've always hesitated at what I percieve as an expensive restaurant. The perception being that the Prix fixed retaurants would be all show and no taste. I kept hearing rave reviews of this restaurant so we went on a Friday evening. The service was superb and the food divine. I loved the coconut shrimp with an orange sauce. The salad dressing was great. I had the filet mignone and it was cooked just as I desired, delicious potatoes, incredible bernaise sauce. My husband had the cherries jubilee which they light up at the table. Wonderful, wonderful service. You did not get the feeling that the waiter was hovering just that they got it right and delivered the food correctly and beautifully. We will go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cocoa Beach, FL
“Continental Flambé for Fine French Cuisine and Service - Try Their Continental Bleu Martini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This gem of a restaurant is located just on the edge of Melbourne‘s Historic Downtown Area. For many years, I intended to dine here - just never did. When I recently receive an invitation to attend a special group event luncheon here, I was thrilled to accept. I was not disappointed. The high quality restaurant has received many awards for its fine cuisine and extensive wine list and deservingly so. I thought that parking might be a problem but we found a space right on the street near the restaurant.

When we arrived, I noticed the inviting ambiance of the main dining room with its charming bar, open kitchen and beautifully dressed tables with red table napkins. I knew that we were in for a special treat. The restaurant was busy the afternoon that we ate here. Our group hostest as well as the restaurant wait staff warmly greeted us. We sat in a private dining room off the main one. Our separate dining room was large enough for our group of 25 diners. We sat at two long tables dressed with white linens and real velvety roses. A printed menu sat at each place setting. We had a choice of several crepes. After giving our beverage order, we perused the menu. One diner asked our server, which was the best crepe, she replied the Beef Tenderloin Crepe (on the regular luncheon menu for $11.95.) Some of our group went with her suggestion. All Crepes or Croissants, $9.95-$12.95 arrive with a choice of salad - Caesar or House. Both Salads are chilled, fresh and delicious with crisp greens and tasty dressings, served in a bowl.

I, myself, could not decide whether to order the Chicken with Walnuts and Apples Crepe or the Chicken with Shrimp in Béarnaise Sauce Crepe. My husband made the decision for me knowing that I love shrimp. I was glad that he did as each crepe contained several large sized shrimp. The two large crepes were tender, filling and delicious. I appreciated the care that went into the presentation of each dish. A friend across the table from me ordered the Chicken with Walnuts and Apples Crepes & said that was wonderful, too. Those diners that chose the Beef Tenderloin were equally pleased with their choices. My husband ordered the Grilled Vegetables with Provolone Cheese in a Spicy Tomato Sauce and enjoyed it too. It was not too spicy and had a variety of veggies. I think no matter which Crepe or Croissant that you order, you will be please with it. There are so many other choices on the menu besides crepes that you may find it hard to decide what to order. If you wish heartier fare at lunchtime, I saw plenty of Entrees ranging in price from $9.95-$16.95. Go for broke with Filet Mignon topped with Béarnaise and Caramelized Onions for $21.95. It is a meal in itself served with Salad & Starch, as are the other 15 Entrees.

The Dinner Menu has even more choices- many with a strong French influence. After perusing the Appetizer Menu, I want to come back and order either the Escargot with Garlic and Hazelnut Butter in Puff Pastry with Spinach Ragout, $6.95 or the Coconut Crusted Shrimp with Orange Glaze Sauce, $8. Then I would have room for the Crème Brulee, $4.50 or Banana’s Foster, $4.50. There is a Prix Fixe Menu, which includes Appetizer, Salad, Entrée and Dessert for $27.95. With 10 Appetizers and 23 Entrée choices, everyone in your party will find something tempting. Some of the more expensive Appetizers & Entrees may incur an extra nominal charge of $3-$6. Diners with smaller appetites can order Ala Carte Salad & Entrée for $23.95. If you are a dessert eater you will find lots to droll over besides the two offerings listed above: Crepes Suzette, French Apple pie, Chocolate Lava Torte (oh my), Cherries Jubilee, Triple Chocolate Cheesecake, warm Blackberry Crepes, etc. Need I go on? All priced $4.50 - $5.50. Perhaps come in after a show for dessert and coffee. Maybe try their famous Continental Bleu Martin or one of the 800 wines they offer.

Our service throughout the luncheon was friendly, efficient and professional. The server patiently waited while each diner decided on a choice, assisted with special requests & served us baskets of warm bread and butter. She and her team refilled sodas and water glasses without us needing to request refills. All service came with a smile. Before I left, I requested a Take Out Menu for future reference. First, the server said I should pick one up outside the restaurant. Then, she actually went outside, picked up several and handed them to me, which I distributed.

Will I be back? You bet. Moreover, I am bringing a big appetite and saving room for dessert. I highly recommend this restaurant for its convenient location, ambiance, upscale offerings, presentation of dishes and excellent service. You may think that the restaurant is pricey but the dishes are worth every penny. Continental Flambé is a great place to celebrate a special occasion or a meal with someone special. You will enjoy excellent fine food and service. If wine is your interest, attend one of the fabulous Wine Tasting Events the Continental Flambé holds every few months on a Friday. I will not wait 10 years for another visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere