“Beautiful decor, but overpriced and lacking in options” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Central Florida, Florida
“Beautiful decor, but overpriced and lacking in options”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was my second meal at Bacco's and the second time I was underwhelmed. The place is beautifully decorated and a great date place. There is a wine bar at the back ( about 10 steps from the front door) with small tables on either side of the restaurant. The music is sophisticated and not too loud to impede conversation. The owners are both Italian, so the food is authentic (sort of). Unfortunately, the husband, Loris, is not very friendly unless you are regular. However, the young lady that served me was very pleasant.

I have been to many areas of Italy and eaten many great meals there (and some not so good) and what we ate had some authenticity to it, but authentic doesn't necessarily mean great. I ordered the Ravioli al formaggio al sugo di noci (cheese ravioli with walnuts creamy sauce) $17.00 which turned out to be not ravioli but tagliatelle (wide homemade noodles). The noodles were definitely homemade and good and the sauce was fine, but it was not worth $17. Unfortunately, we got takeout so it was too late to make a fuss about the ravioli. My friend had the Penne alle melanzane (eggplant, tomatoes sauce and basil) $15.00 which had plenty of eggplant in it but the tomato based sauce was mostly olive oil and very very greasy and not particularly tasty. If you want vegetables in this carb-fest, you have to order an expensive separate salad. Most of their food is pasta with a heavy sauce or pasta and meat with a heavy sauce. I've always had options to eat veggies while in Italy. I wish Bacco's would offer some more balanced meals and reduce some of the fat in their meals.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“Italy Has Come To Melbourne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I've said before that Bacco Wine Cafe is AUTHENTIC. My Salad tonight was cold and crisp, and the Penne Caprino y Asparagi made me as happy as my spring visit to Italy! A Barbera d' Asti wine and warm fresh bread with Oil and Spices is my favorite. Molto Bene!!

Orlando, Florida
“Absolutely delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is one restaurant I like to frequent again and again. Everything we have ever had there is absolutely delicious. I have a small appetite, and never leave here overstuffed. The emphasis is on quality, not quantity. All of the plates come perfectly cooked, arranged and delicious.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Best Italian food in Brevard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Truly genuine and authentic Italian food is prepared when you order it, it does not sit around in a warming dish and it clearly shows. Every one of their meals, and I have had most, is extraordinarily fresh and prepared and seasoned perfect. I have gone with groups of 25, groups of only 4 and a number of times with a date or a single girlfriend and the food is consistently delicious. The chef and her husband run the restaurant with help from their children on the weekends and they could not be a lovelier bunch. The lamb dishes, the fresh fish dishes, the ravioli with salmon sauce, the appetizers and bruschetta, the desserts, even the wines and the espressos are wonderful. Be sure and do yourself a favor and stop for dinner and you will see for yourself, I guarantee you won't be disappointed. However, a word of caution, do not go in expecting that huge plate of soggy pastas that the chains serve, your portions are more reasonable in size but with extraordinary flavor. Buon apetito!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Melbourne, Florida
“Too overpriced, too snobby to wait on us promptly!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had Groupon coupon, but this time I neglected to checkout the menu first. If I had, I would have bought another Groupon for Boteco Brazilian Restaurant in Orlando instead! This place is not open til Tuesdays; too small, and squished us into a too small table where the dishes were simply piled up by a snobby, pretentious server who looked down his/her nose at us simply because we didn't want wine! I don't feel like sharing all my medical reasons for not imbibing-suffice to say, they were ticked off that we weren't going to drink! No one ever cleared off the plates, unthinkable in anyt establishment ! The appetizers were $15.00 each, the cheapest, so spending $30. on a coupon merely covered our starters! No, I'm not cheap, I love the Chart House too, I just prefer more of a variety than pasta or risotto for my appetizer. The menu was very limited, the pasta with eggplant nothing to write home about! The chicken was actually underspiced, bland, and the long waits to get our water & unsweet tea refilled , along with any "do you need anything else? Is everything to your liking?" not forthcoming. I would rather save up & when we take our next Viking River Cruise, spend the money there! Too bad, since we are regulars at many functions and concerts across, at the King Center! I see many good review here, but the lack of warmth & attention, not to mention civility & manners, caused me to NOT recommend this place! I don't think it was simply a bad night-look at other reviews online and you'll see a pattern of indifference! All I all, forget it!

• Visited October 2013