“Total Yum!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Rockledge, Florida
“Total Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am a foodie and this restaurant is one of the best in Melbourne. I am a local and went to this restaurant because of a coupon I bought that took about $20 off the bill. I was pleasantly surprised. It's a little restaurant located in a strip mall so I did not have high hopes. When you walk in the door you forget you are in a strip mall. They have the place nicely decorated. The menu prices I thought were a little pricey for Italian food but when we received our food I understood why. All the ingredients are high quality and fresh. My husband and I chose to eat off the pre-fix menu which gave us a salad, appetizer, main meal, and dessert for around $35 each. There was not one thing I did not oooh and awwww over. Even their house wines are a mixture of two or more wines and are simply delicious and complement the meal. Now this place is one of our regular stops. We haven't found anything on the menu we don't like but have gravitated towards their linguine with clam sauce (you get the whole clam in the shell). Even when it isn't on the menu they will make it for you! Don't look for typical American/Italian food at this place. It is traditional REAL Italian food. This restaurant should be a definite try for anyone!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Such an Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I ate at Bacco Wine Cafe, and we cannot remember a time when we had such spectacular food and service. The restaurant is small - only about ten tables inside - and is run by a husband and wife team. The husband runs the front of the house and his wife cooks, and they work together beautifully. The service was splendid. We were told about the daily specials and brought water and bread right away. Once we ordered our wine, we put in an order for an appetizer and a salad. The server made certain to bring the salad after we were finished with the appetizer, but before our main course. The service just has an air of quality about it that is hard to describe. We just felt very well taken care of.

We ordered the Bruschetta Tricolore for an appetizer, and it was excellent. It included two pieces of toasted bread with oil and tomatoes, two with goat cheese and two with pesto. All three were delicious.

My husband had the daily special which was Braised Pork with Vegetables. It was the most tender pork we have ever eaten, and we have eaten at many Italian restaurants in New York and all over central Florida. The vegetables were tender without being mushy and the plate presentation was pleasing.

I ordered the Tagliatelle alls Bolognese, homemade pasta with braised beef and meat sauce, which was superb. The pasta was perfectly cooked and the sauce has the most delicious flavor. The serving size was just the right amount to fill me up without me feeling overfull.

The dessert we had was just as tremendous as the rest of the meal. The desserts are also made in-house. I had the chocolate Mousse, which was light and fluffy with a beautiful texture. My husband had a cake which was similar to a napoleon, with light flaky layers and cream filling. It was quite delicious.

If I have any complaints at all about the restaurant, it would be that I would like to see their website updated. The main page references an Anniversary Party for the restaurant from 2010.

We would highly, highly recommend this restaurant. We live in East Orlando and plan to return to this restaurant even though it is an hour drive for us. If you are lucky enough to live in Melbourne, you should definitely stop in to Bacco Wine Cafe for dinner.

Visited January 2013
Melbourne, Fl
“Good food Poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

After almost a year and a half, we decided to give the restaurant another try. Unfortunately, our original opinion was reconfirmed. The food is good but the service is so lacking that it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. We made an early reservation as the last time we dined here there was only one server in the room to attend to at least 8 or 9 tables. We noticed two waiters and a back up waiter was working the room so we did not anticipate a problem. After being greeted, seated and brought the menus with an announcement of the specials, wine opened and poured and a basket of bread left, we thought that we were in store for a relaxing enjoyable meal. Twenty five minutes later, with not one wait person looking in our direction and noticing others who came after us being seated and having their orders taken, my husband went to the bar and asked the woman waiter who had given us our menus and the night specials "is there a reason why we are obviously being ignored?" She immediately looked at the only other waiter and said "I thought he was taking your order." Why she threw him under the bus and did not take responsibility was not lost on us. They appeared to have time for their friends and regular customers with complete disregard for us.
She then sent him over and we decided to try and start the evening again and asked for another basket of bread since we had consumed the first. When I gave my order, I specifically stated that my filet be cooked rare and if it were not that I would send it back. I repeated this several times so that the waiter would impress this upon the cook. For our starter, we inquired as to the size of the mussels and were assured they were not large but a good size. They were small but the broth was good so we consumed more bread sopping up the tasty broth. When our pastas arrived the table had not been cleared so the woman waiter, stacked all our bowls high in the middle of the table and then set our pastas in front of us. Only then did she remove the remains of our mussels. I have never seen this done even at Denny's. Our pasta dishes were good with no complaints. Cooked perfectly with just the right amount of sauce. Throughout our meal, we had to pour our own wine as the waiters never noticed our glasses. They would deliver our food and quickly dart away. When the filet arrived, the waiter left before seeing if it had been cooked properly. I was dismayed to see that it had been cooked to medium and annoyed that I could not get the waiters attention once again. Eventually, I got the third person working the room and asked him tell me what temperature the filet had been cooked and he agreed medium. Off it went to be recooked and returned 10 minutes later cooked to perfection. By the time I got the attention of the waiter and had the filet redone, it was a good fifteen minutes and of course my dinner partner had nearly finished his dinner. After dessert, we paid via the IPad system which was new to us. When the woman waiter came to our table she inquired as to whether we had paid and I acknowledged we had. She then repeated herself and asked if we had paid the ticket, which was on the tray and I said yes. Then she asked if we had paid via the IPad. I replied we had but now was annoyed. Her question should have been asked of the other waiter or she should have believed me when she first asked the question. The meal, including corkage was $130 but the service did not match the food. Wait persons should be observing at all times when they pass their tables, dirty dishes should not be stacked on the table to make room for new dishes and wine should be poured by them and not the patron. It is obvious that the staff has not been properly trained. The bottom line is that while the food is good but not exceptional, as both steaks were overcooked but my husband's hunger won out, the front of the house is so lacking and annoying that the pleasure of the food is lost. Perhaps, this review will be seen by the management and they will accept the constructive criticism and make the much needed improvements to elevate their service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Viera, Florida, United States
“An Unfortunate Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My husband and I and three other friends ate at Bacco Wine Cafe last Wednesday night. We had always wanted to go there and when we saw a coupon through Deal Chicken we took advantage of the offer. We were not greeted at the door but did see that a table had been saved for us with our name and a reserved sign since we had called for a reservation. It was a nice touch but felt strange just sitting down with no one to greet us. After talking with a waiter and asking for some wine suggestions, he referred us to the owner who came over promptly and made a nice suggestion based on our wine preferences. Our meal was fine but nothing out of the ordinary. One of our dining companions ordered the Prix Fix menu and upgraded the meat selection. Also, we all ordered salads which were not included with the meal. Our meals prices are getting high. We also noted that the chairs were most uncomfortable for a nice restaurant and that the music playing was that from a pop radio station. This did not do much for the ambience.
Anyhow, we were ennjoying ourselves until it was time to get our checks. Two of our dining companions had a Groupon coupon and since we were getting separate checks we tried using both coupons. The owner came quickly to our table to tell us that only one coupon per table could be used so we would have been okay with that however, the owner then decided that he was not happy with us and asked if we thought his restaurant was Walmart's or Publix? He made a comment regarding our dining campanion bringing their own wine and then wanting another discount. Okay, we were insulted, incensed, embarrased and most ready to leave there. I have never in my life experienced a reaction like that from the owner of any restaurant.
The restaurant's policy does allow diners to bring in their own wine and charges a $15 corkage which was fine. If he doesn't want people to bring in their own wine then change the policy. We would have been fine if the owner had just explained about the coupon policy in a pleasant and businesslike manner. He was totally unprofessional and I would certainly never go back nor would I recommend it. Also, when my friend tried to get her money back from Groupon, they explained that it had been redeemed but the $40 credit was never applied to the bill.
They do a great business and the vast majority of the reviews are very complimentary. Maybe he was having a bad night but there was no excuse for his behavior.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Great Fresh Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Bacco is great, fresh, Italian food. Sauces were flavorful and cooked fresh to order by a Husband and Wife team.

A small restaurant but nicely decorated. Definitely need a reservation on nights the King Center is busy and the Holiday season.

Might be a little pricey, but I enjoyed my meal so I won't complain too much.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere