“Who is running this hotel?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Melbourne

You added Days Inn Melbourne to your Saves list
Days Inn Melbourne
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4500 West New Haven Avenue, Melbourne, FL 32904 (Formerly Ramada Limited Melbourne)   |
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Nashville, Tennessee
“Who is running this hotel?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Noise, bugs, no towels, fruit flies dead in the dish holding the oranges at breakfast, stains on the carpets and furniture- I paid an additional $5 for the "upgraded" room, $100 "hold" on my credit card- still has not been put back in my account, took many times to open my room's door on more than one occassion... What I am greatly upset about is I PAID for this experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were looking for a reasonably priced Clean place to stay on our very limited budget, we found it here.

Clean rooms, stocked breakfast bar and within driving distance to where we wanted to go. PS: my wife found a new friend ( Bridgette ) our house keeper. She made us feel welcome !! Thank you !

• Stayed June 2012
JohnsonMJ, Manager at Days Inn Melbourne, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Minisprint53105,

Thank you for sharing your compliments of our staff with the Tripadvisor community. We know that the staff members that each guest interacts with can make a hotel into a home away from home. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and for making the Days Inn Melbourne FL your home away from home.
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I only reason I booked this hotel off priceline was because they accepted dogs and it was cheap for just a night. One of the front desk girls was nice, but failed to point out to me that you must tell them you have a dog. I have never had to do this and the dog was in plain view. I never hid my dog. Well, needless to say, i booked my room for $59, and they ended up charging me $5 bucks for probably a crappy towel I didn't take, and $100 for unauthorized pet fee. Total bill for DAYS INN= $164...I shouldv'e went to Hampton next door.

They are CROOKS....

The room felt as if I went back into the past....They had appliances and a TV that I owned 15+ years ago. The bed was not comfortable. The only aspect I liked was the pillows and the water pressure in the shower. Not worth the BS I went through though. You can't contest the charges either, Do not go go there, go next door to Hampton Inn if you have pets or La Quinta.

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We had to go to Melbourne abruptly and chose to go cheap on the hotel.it wasn't all that cheap. Beds were comfortable. They did allow us to check in 3 hours early. Staff was courteous. The complimentary breakfast was disgusting. Food was very old. bathroom and carpets were nasty. Room was smelly. we were only there 2 nights and thank God we didn't spend much time in the room. only to sleep. I refused to get in that shower, so i had to bathe at my fiance's family home.

Room Tip: make sure that you look at your hotel room before you check-in. Pull the sheets back to make sure sh...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for business (weekends). The staff is wonderful. After only 2 stays they have made me feel like a VIP guest. This visit I was welcomed with a snack/gift bag. The rooms are VERY clean. Bathroom showers are updated/modern themed and CLEAN. I have stayed at Resorts and 5 star hotels (which are usually all $$ and no frills)....this is a great value and you will feel like it was money well spent. The in room fridge is a plus also...allows you to save money on drinks, snacks etc. All of the surveys I filled out (from days inn) have been positive. I made ONE suggestion that the mattress in the one room could be replaced..was a bit old and saggy. The VERY next stay they were happy to tell me the mattresses have been replaced. I can't think of any business that cares THAT much,or reponds that quickly to make their guests happy and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Christine I,

Thank you for sharing your compliments of our staff with the Tripadvisor community. We know that the staff members that each guest interacts with can make a hotel into a home away from home. We are happy we were able to meet all you needs during your stay with us. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and for making the Days Inn Melbourne FL your home away from home
Leesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I had to go to Melbourne for a family emergency. I was there for 3 nights. I was traveling with relatives with a very limited budget, so I checked TripAdvisor where I've had good luck in the past. Once again they come through. The hotel was much better than many others where I've stayed, even at much higher costs. There was nothing fancy, but the room was clean, the bathroom was clean (very important), and the staff was friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was nothing to write home about, but enough to get by with (hardboiled eggs, cereal, muffins, fruit, yogurt, etc). My room was right by the pool, and even though there were kids in it fairly early, it wasn't loud in the room. I was totally satisfied with the room and the hotel. Dollar for dollar this may have been my best stay ever.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear RodFlash,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review of our hotel - and more importantly, I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We have put a lot of hard work into the property and I am glad that you had the type of experience that we work for. We hope to be your host again.
Bluffton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel on my way to Miami. If you make the same mistake 1. Inventory your room when you accept it, and before you leave. They charged $7.00 to my credit card for a missing hand towel, which I did not take. I found this out 2 or 3 days later reviewing my credit card statement. The hotel refused to reverse the charge. It wasn't about the $7.00. It was about the accusation.
2. Do not access your email while connected to their WiFi. Somehow they got a hold of mine and started sending me emails to take a survey. I did not book this hotel online (walk-in). Even the girl at the front desk told me that they did not have my email address on file... The emails made specific references to the days I checked in and out. I don't see how else they could have gotten it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Melbourne? Share your experiences!