“I could die here!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 357 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“I could die here!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Pineda never ceases to make my tongue melt in heavenly awe!! I will always have Pineda at one of my top places to dine at!! This gem should be featured on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Well worth your time! Been on the list to try...now we expect it to be a regular stop. Wife and I stopped for an early Saturday dinner and were wonderfully surprised by the service, efficiency of the kitchen, and most importantly the excellent food. The Blue Lump Crap Soup...just order it. Wife had Lobster & Scallop Florentine and I had the Mediterranean Bisque and both were wonderful. What impressed us as much was the service....salads were fast and plates chilled (with homemade dressing), entrees were hot with great aromas, drinks spot on, even boxing and bill were right there perfectly timed. It takes something to impress both of us and between the the flavors, service and overall dining experience, it was a great dining experience. Kudos.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Florida
“Would visit again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

It is a nice little restaurant but easy to miss if you are not looking for it. Took my friend here for birthday dinner since it's one of her favorite places in Melbourne. The service was firendly with a down home feel. The menu is extensive and you can order a small or large portion. We ordered the Mahi encrusted in toasted almonds and the Grouper Nueces. Both were very delicious and unlike someone else's previous remarks, was not floating in butter although I would not have minded that one bit! Be both got the Crab Bisque in a cup, should have got the bowl or maybe a gallon to go! Delish! We were both so full that desert was not going to be happening, although if I visit again, I'd like to try the chef's Crème Brulee.

It was $70.00 for our total with one Margarita and one Stella Artois. Little pricey in my opinion, but not to pricey to treat my best friend to a fine meal.

Only thing that I would like to see a little different next time - the plate's presentation brought up a notch - it would make the price more bearable!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mount Dora, Florida
“Still The Best Restaurant For Miles Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was my favorite restaurant when I lived in Brevard County, and it still is my favorite when I visit. The owners and the chef are the same folks that presided over this wonderful place when I used to frequent it many years ago. The only thing that's changed is they've expanded and paved the parking lot, and the neon signs beside the front door no longer say "Whiskey" and "Eats". They now say "Welcome" and "Eats", but there is still whiskey available.

Everything here is great, from the ambience to the service to the drinks and food. I had filet mignon with a double side order of vegetables and there is no way to describe it other than perfect and excellent. My friend had grilled Atlantic salmon that was also just right. Plenty of warm bread, plenty of butter, good bartender and great wine. I was given a surprise birthday party here almost 15 years ago and I'm surprised that I'm still around and that this restaurant is still great.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
FL
“Nice for a special occasion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The food is delicious and the service great and they have a limited number of early bird specials before 5-5:30. However, our bill for 5 people without alcohol and most of us ordering the early bird specials was over $157. Not something we'll be doing again in the near future. When we got there, they took 5 minutes to seat us when we were almost the only ones there. They allowed a regular to walk ahead of us and pick his own table while we were still waiting to be seated. As the evening wore on and more people arrived it became a little too noisy for us.

• Visited March 2013