“Fantastic wonderful Holiday Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1665 N. State Route A1A, Melbourne, FL 32903 (Formerly Melbourne Suites Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
limerick
“Fantastic wonderful Holiday Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

My partner and my son and I stayed at this hotel from 30th of March - 12th April '10. We had such a wonderful time. The rooms were lovely well laid out and very clean modern and cleaned daily.... Location perfect right on the beach. We've stayed in Melbourne Florida before at another hotel (the Radisson) but this one was much more suited as it had a holiday feel with families on vacation whereas the Rad was more business orientated... it was good but not as nice as the Doubletree. I honestly cannot say anything bad about this hotel the staff (very friendly) the resturants - the staff at the pool restaurant - Sue in particular was lovely... food great... We will be back that's for sure and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to stay at a friendly holiday hotel in Melbourne in Florida ... 10 out of 10 for sure....!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Charlevoix, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

Back again for another stay at the Doubletree Melbourne. Hotel was very busy, since it was spring break. Staff was very friendly and helpful, as always. Beach was lovely and very clean this year. Locals are doing a great job with keeping the beach looking very nice. Food at Rio's (hotel poolside bar) was great, although the amount of staffing was lacking on a couple of days, based upon the numbers of customers. Only complaint would be that the grounds (stairways and near walkways to beach) need some attention. Quite a bit of litter around that needs picking up. Otherwise, a great visit-----pool and hot tub were excellent. Fitness center was closed for remodeling. I would stay here again when in this area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Horsham, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

Very enjoyable stay. Room had a terrific balcony view of the ocean. Pool was in a good protected area but the water was a bit cool for mid March. Room sitting area and bedroom were adequate but the bathroom was small. Recommend you make the 20 minute ride south to Sebastian Inlet. Not impressed with area restaurants but the Blueberry Muffin was good for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Raleigh NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

My husband and I just finished up a week's stay at this awesome beach hotel. This was our first stay in Melbourne Beach; we typically stay in Cocoa Beach. We were pleased to find a suite situation on short notice.

We found the front desk staff to be helpful, well-informed about the area and available activities. My husband and I did not eat in the restaurant, but our kids did and enjoyed it very much. The pool bar staff were FUN and helpful. I thought that the property was nicely updated and attractive. The public areas, excluding the area just inside the pool/beach door, were clean and attractive. Not MUCH you can do about folks tracking in sand and water. We loved having an umbrella and lounge chairs at the beach each day. The $20.00 charge was well worth it.

Our room was nicely and attractively furnished. Because we were there for a week, we brought breakfast and lunch items with us. Storage around mini-fridge and microwave was very nice. The bathroom was small, but personally, I loved having a shower instead of a tub. None in our group would have used a tub during our stay. The beds were comfortable. Foam pillows were available, too, which is uncommon. Being able to close off the parlor from the bedroom was a plus for our teenagers.

The ONLY complaint that any of our group had was that the housekeeping was quite lacking. They rarely arrived before we wanted to shower for supper, which meant that we rarely had a clean, dry towel (there was little space for hanging towels to dry). With one exception, we never had enough towels and washcloths for each person. Only one day did they actually CLEAN the room. One day, our beds were made, but the bottom sheet was fitted to only cover half the mattress. Really odd! We never had the proper combination of regular coffee, cups, and creamers. On the second day of our stay, we noticed a strong urine smell, just inside the door, as if a toddler hadn't quite made it to the bathroom. That was taken care of that day. Because we brought our own food, I was very careful to carry out our own trash after each meal, so that we didn't leave food scraps behind for staff to deal with. However, those items that made it to the trash cans stayed until I carried them out myself. When I commented to the front desk staff, they were most apologetic, but unable to assist, of course.

While this sounds negative, we absolutely loved our stay there. It is such a shame that the housekeeping - an easily solved issue - should hold them back from being really top notch. I am an association meeting planner by occupation and frequently use beach hotels for meetings. I found this hotel would fit my meetings well, given the opportunity. But the housekeeping is a major issue.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

This has been our spot for an annual winter vacation for several years, with numerous friends and family members staying here at various times as well. The rooms are comfortable, and while the bathroom is SMALL, as other reviewers have noted, the two-room suite arrangement is a good set-up, providing plenty of room to spread out. Staff at the hotel are always helpful, and food/drinks at the poolside cafe fine as well. Its not a particularly high-end hotel, but pleasantly unpretentious, and sits on a lovely wide beach.
Probably due to its oceanfront location, the hotel takes a beating from the wind and sand, and the buidling is starting to look a little run-down. We also found this time around that our room was not quite as clean as its always been in the past, (we reported it, front desk apologized and addressed the issues) and the A/C was on the fritz for a few hours at one point (not just for our room, but affecting many rooms - the same thing something happened during a previous year's visit), which can be very uncomfortable in hot & humid Florida!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Markhotel, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 31, 2010
I would like to thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Doubletree Melbourne Beach. As always, we welcome feedback as it is the only way we are able to get better at what we do. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay, but at the same time I must apologize for any cleanliness issues you encountered during your stay. We strive for perfection, but we are not always perfect. I have shared your comments with our management staff, and particularly with our housekeeping department to ensure that their attention is on the details.

Again, thank you so much for your response, and I hope the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne that you certainly stay with us.
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

Right on the beach ... all suites have a small balcony and face the ocean. Beach is very nice. Staff was great ... very pleasant, upbeat and helpful. Beds were the best I've slept on in awhile. Starbucks just up the street!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

I recommend this place. If I had to critique at all for the sake of it, I would say I don't like how "tight" the bathroom is. I think the living room could have been a half foot smaller to give the bathroom a bit more room. I didn't mind the shower at all, but some may prefer a tub for bathing children or just to relax in. The water pressure was great. Plenty of hot water. Probably could have used an extra or two towel rack.
Not an overly huge outdoor area, as you had to get to pool early to "grab" a chair, but not anything that ruined my trip.
Check in was easy. We had delays on our trip down, so we did not have supper and we were late checking in, but were treated with warm chocolate chip cookies upon check in and there was microwave popcorn in the room, so that was our supper, so we were happy, and with the complimentary bottled water. (which i would recommend using for the coffee maker.)
The bed was probably one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. I have back problems and was comfortable for my stay of (6 nights). The pillows were very comfortable and soft. We used the fold-out couch to rest in during the day (so as not to dirty our regular bed) and that was comfortable also.
The view was spectacular. What a great feeling to be able to lay in bed and watch the waves roll in or watch the sunrise. It was beautiful!! And all rooms with an ocean view!! We were on the 7th floor. I would be nervous if I had small children, (that were climbers) but the sliding door to the outside balcony had a nice lock on it. The ground floor walks right out onto grass, so I thought that is what I would recommend to families with small children.
It did not have a gym that I was aware, but that is not something I cared about, as I walked on the beach for exercise. The beach is very nice and clean and there are chairs to rent from someone, if you want that additional expense.
If you borrow a hotel towel, they are large towels. but be prepared to have to give your name and room number and check them back in when you are done with them or you will be charged $25. I would have preferred if they had towels at the pool instead of having to go to the front desk or maybe been able to have left them in the room at checkout, so as not to have to drag a used towel to the front desk. I have stayed at other hotels/resorts and they also have you check out your towel, as this was to ensure they were returned. So understandable. So not a huge big deal.
The hotel restaurant had a nice buffet breakfast. The poolside bar/grill had great food and drinks.
The suites were great that you can sit on the couch or the table/chairs and visit or watch TV and not have to sit on your bed as with a "regular motel room." The bedroom also had a TV. My husband loved that there were two TVs!
The hotel staff were all friendly. The place was clean. The rooms were nice. The location was great. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
carlosd33, Hotel Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 26, 2010
Thank you for making us your lodging choice while visiting Melbourne, Florida!

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please remember us and your stay as you plan your next vacation.