Honestly - We will never stay at this hotel again. I suppose it all started with my phone call to the hotel 3 days before my arrival. Marria (not sure on the spelling) was very rude and put me on hold 3 times before I could request a corner suite on a higher floor. Fortunately, they were able to accommodate us on a higher floor but in a room (which is one of three at the hotel) with a plumbing problem that cannot be fixed. It was suggested to us to place a towel and pull the stopper in the sink every night. This did help to muffle the gurgling noise of the sink at 2:30 a.m. There was mildew around the sink. The shower had mildew and hair from the previous guest upon arrival. The mini refrigerator didn't work well. The furniture was all scratched up and dated. There was no bath tub. You have to shut the bathroom door before sitting on the toilet since there is not enough room to close the door after sitting. You have to sit sideways on the balcony since there is not enough room to sit facing the beach. The only staff members I found to be helpful and friendly were the workers (maids, maintenance guys and pool attendant). I don't feel like this hotel is Hilton quality. It is a quick redo of an old and dated Best Western. There are a couple of positive things to say about this hotel though. It is located on the beach, the breakfast is really good, the pool is bigger than the pictures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront boasts a resort-style setting overlooking white sand of the Atlantic Ocean. Our Melbourne Beach hotel is conveniently located near Cocoa Beach and Space Coast attractions, with nearby family attractions such as Disney World and other Orlando theme parks for day trips. Our all-suite Melbourne, FL hotel is only 10 minutes from Melbourne International Airport (MLB), or an hour east of Orlando International (MCO). The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront features direct oceanfront suites, perfect for business or leisure visitors alike. Guests can enjoy magnificent views from private balconies, and a range of must-have amenities including luxurious beds and bath amenities, and access to our 24-Hour Fitness Center and Business Center. Whether you are traveling on business, planning a family vacation, or having a romantic weekend getaway, our friendly, professional staff looks forward to welcoming you to Florida's Space Coast with our special, warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. We hope you choose the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel Melbourne
- Doubletree Hotel Melbourne Beach Oceanfront