“Family Get-a-way” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1665 N. State Route A1A, Melbourne, FL 32903 (Formerly Melbourne Suites Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Belle Isle, United States
“Family Get-a-way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We had a very nice stay at this hotel-The staff was incredibly friendly. When we needed extra and/or new towels and linens the housekeepers were more than willing to help. We had no problem acquiring beach towels at the front desk. We would definitely return to the venue for any future visits.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Scott H,

Incredibly friendly is something our team believes in, thank you for noticing! I will share your review with the rest of them, we are so happy you had such a good visit with us and hope for the opportunity to do it again. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you.
Thank you!
carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Nags Head, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Not a great room setup for 3 adults...great for 2 adults! or 2 adults with kids! Everything clean...comfy/clean feeling pull-out couch. Balcony off bedroom. All rooms appear to be oceanfront. Meals better than normal at most hotels. Cook to order eggs not available at breakfast...worth the $13.95...not so sure...but okay if it comes with the room!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear KerberNC,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly service as we always want to be your first choice. Please note that we are the only all suite oceanfront hotel in the area and we offer a variety of packages to include bed and breakfast. We appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future. Please contact me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.
Hospitably,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is an older hotel that has been 90% renovated...it has a nice location right on the beach, clean suite rooms perfect for putting kids in the other room on the sofa bed, balconies - the only oddity is the old maple table in the rooms - good condition and functional just dated looking. Like they renovated the whole hotel a few years back and somehow these tables survived. Nice refreshed lobby and excellent staff. Inside Restaurant is simple and clean but not a destination; fine for breakfast. Seems like they are missing an opportunity to jazz it up and get a dinner crowd but perhaps that's not what they want. The outside restaurant is 10x12 - fine for sandwiches and drinks; it has 4 stoools inside so not a hang-out place. It misses the mark for a Hilton in the pool area - it felt like we were at a Ramada. The stained old windows, drab surroundings. My expectations of a Hilton are much higher. That area needs a refresh...replace windows/paint window frames...add some color and planters. The pool area is also a little undersized but surely limited by building codes and how close they built to the beach years ago. The did have someone playing guitar near the pool. The GM attention to customer service was excellent and front desk and maids friendly. Give the GM some capital improvement funds to make the above changes and you'd have a really nice place. As it is, it is nice but just not Hilton level in the pool area, so it depends on your priorities and room price. It's not as nice as the other Hilton up the road but probably (I don't know) as good or better than the Crowne Plaza aor Radison nearby. What it does have that the other Hilton does not, is all rooms are suites with balconies. Stay here if you need a suite for family/kids in the other room; couples would do better at the other Hilton.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear bartar2014,

Thank you so very much for your detailed description of our hotel. I am glad that you noticed that we have been doing some improvements to our hotel in the last couple of years. I can happily inform you that your observations were right on, our next renovation phase will primarily focus on our pool deck, pool bar and restaurant. We are schedule to start this process during the 4th quarter of 2014. I hope you get to see the improvements during your next visit. I was very proud to hear that you noticed how hard we try to treat every guests like part of our family, I will forward your kind comments to the rest of our team. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other comments regarding your stay.
Best wishes,
Moncton NB, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Had a great two day stay with my mother. The only problem is the balcony's are a little small . The ocean view was amazing and we loved that the room was a suite and not just a small room with two beds. Room service was quick and quite tasty!Excellent hotel we are planning to stay again next year.

Dear Heather L,

Thank you very much for your recent 5 star review! I will forward your comments to our food and beverage team, they will be happy to hear you enjoyed your meals. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again next year. In the meantime, please contact me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.
Fort Pierce,Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I'm writing this review before I even arrive at the Doubletree. I am a frequent guest of this hotel as I live about 45 minutes south of here and use this location as a weekend getaway at least a couple of times a year. I've been frequenting this hotel since it was owned by Quality Suites years ago. I have called the hotel a few times lately to make changes to my reservation as I am bringing several members of the family on my next visit in June. The staff has been extremely accommodating and assisted me with getting the rooms I requested and even at a better rate than I booked originally. Hint: Florida residents, make sure you let them know. I am so excited to finally have my adult children join me for an extended stay at my home away from home and to enjoy the amenities like the pool and ocean mere steps away from our rooms. Looking forward to my visit and spending time with my family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear osceola1956,

And we love having you back!
Thank you very much for your continuous loyalty and support. Please contact me directly I want to make sure you have an amazing stay with us and everything goes PERFECTLY! We look forward to your arrival.
chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Double Tree in Melbourne. Nice accommodations, friendly staff, beautiful location! The breakfast buffet was fresh and hot each morning. Lunch by the pool was an added bonus. We will return next year.

Dear Patricia O,

I am so glad you found our accommodations "perfect" to your needs. We appreciate your business and loyalty to our brand. Look forward to your return, please contact me directly whenever you are ready to make reservations.
Regards,
Willoughby Hills, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We are frequent travelers, and I'm very fussy, but I can't think of one thing I didn't love about our 5 day stay at this hotel. The location is perfect being right on the ocean. The suites are very clean and well layed out with a sitting room at the front on the road side, the bathroom in the middle, and a large bedroom with balcony facing the ocean. I like the set up with the toilet and shower on one side with the sink/vanity on the other side. That way one person can be in the shower while someone else can be at the sink area. In the sitting room there is a small refrigerator and microwave in a large cabinet with storage so we were able to eat breakfast in our room every day. There is also a table with 2 chairs, a sofa and a comfortable chair. The beds were very comfortable, the closet was a good size, and the view was terrific.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The women who checked us in were welcoming and very efficient. We needed help with the luggage, and both coming and going we had a very friendly and helpful man. The women at the desk greeted us with a big smile and a hello every time we walked by. It was obvious that they all liked their jobs, and they made us feel very welcome. We had 2 minor issues, one with the refrigerator and one with a slow drain, and in both cases maintenance came within an hour and had the problem solved. With a hotel of this size that was amazing.
We'll definitely be back, and we highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: They're all excellent because they all face the beach.