“Good customer service & very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1665 N. State Route A1A, Melbourne, FL 32903 (Formerly Melbourne Suites Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Miami, United States
“Good customer service & very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We arrived & were greeted by a friendly staff & warm cookie. At first, I advised upon our arrival that the person accompanying me on the trip was celebrating their birthday & if there was something special they could set up in our room. Luckily, there was, but unfortunately, upon our arrival on that day, there was nothing waiting in the room. I had to call the front desk a couple of times & I was finally sent a three piece cheesecake & a Happy Birthday card. The surprise was finally, complete. The rest of our stay was very pleasant & the ocean view was the icing on the cake. The room was very clean & the staff @ the restaurant in the lobby greeted us the next morning for breakfast, providing us with all the necessities to return to our room with our meal. We enjoyed ourselves very much, & look forward to booking with them again in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Maria R,

Thank you for allowing us to be part of such a special day for you. I was dissapointed to hear that our timing was not perfect, but we were able to recover from it. Please let me know if I can ever be of further assistance to you, hopefully we get the chance to serve you again in the future, we'll have a warm cookie waiting for you.

Best wishes,
carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Franklin, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

There are a few reasons why I could not give this hotel an excellent rating. First though I will give the positives. The beach is very close and rooms offer a great view. We had an ocean front room on the 8th floor. The tiki bar and pool area are very nice, although the pool could be a little warmer for January. The rooms are nicely decorated and spacious. The staff were all very friendly, especially the maids. The hotel is located in a quiet area, just a short drive to restaurants and shopping. Now for the negatives. Our biggest complaint was the small bathroom. The door almost hits the toilet bowl and it requires a certain amount of manuvering to get in and out. A sliding door would help a lot. The breakfast area was very nice but the service was lousy. We ate breakfast there five times and never once were we offered a refill on our coffee. The room was nice but there were some housekeeping issues. The shower had rust and the tile floor was cracked. The room was also showing some wear. For example the carpet needs to be replaced. Overall the hotel is nice and we will consider returning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Carlos C, Owner at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear rondot98,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our view and location as well as the frinedly service you recieved from our staff. I have forwarded your comments you our restaurant and housekeeping managers, thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

carlo.cerda@hilton.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I travel to Melbourne often for work. This was my first time I have stayed at this hotel. I was concerned about the outside door entry as I thought it looked a little "sketchy and cheap". However I was pleasantly surprised! The room is large and you enter into the sitting area with a nice amount of space. The bedroom is in the back and faces the ocean! It was awesome to hear the ocean sound at night and it was extremely relaxing. In the morning I worked out in the gym and that too was very nice. It had 5 aerobic items and a full set of dumbbells for weight lifting. It was very clean and comfortable for working out. I will definitely be back for future stays!

Room Tip: All the rooms have ocean views so I don't believe you could have a bad room. I would recommend...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Carol M,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for giving our hotel a 5 star review! We are grateful for the opportunity to serve you during your visit to Melbourne Beach. We hope to become your number one choice during your future travels to this area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance to you.
Conyers, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Although you can tell this is an older building, it is a very nice place. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and welcoming. I wish my stay had been longer to enable me to take advantage of the dining facilities, pool, beach, etc. The cookies are great!! The view from the balcony was very nice. I will be staying here again.

Dear Frank P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We also wish you could have stayed longer and really experience all the facilities and services we have to offer. We hope to see you back soon! Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of further assistance to you.
Fond Du Lac
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Appreciate the helpful, friendly staff - all with servant hearts. Accommodations were perfect for us. Like the "split" between the sitting room & the bedroom. View sunrises from the comfort & warmth of your bed. Easy access to a very nice beach.

Dear David G,

It was so good to hear that you found our accommodations “perfect” for your needs. We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly attentive service. We always want to be your first choice. In the event that I may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Thank you very much!
melbourne beach, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

The Staff were excellent. Very responsive and courteous. the room was OK.but small and the sound proofing was poor. Could easily hear conversations and snoring next door. The sink backed up twice and took three days to fix. The hot water took 10-20 minutes to heat up on two separate days. Once in the AM and the other at night. The housekeeper failed to clean the room well on one ocassion.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Walter S,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was glad to hear that you found our staff to be courteous and attentive to your needs. However, I was disappointed to hear that you experienced some issues with your room. I want you to know that I have personally spoken to our maintenance and housekeeping departments, to which I am assured that they have taken the necessary action to ensure that the shortfalls you encountered do not happen again in the future. We hope you get to see the improvements during your next visit to Melbourne Beach.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great way to wake up with the sunrise... Hotel was right on the beach and near the restaurants and the club where our friend's band was playing. For a weekend getaway it was an excellent value. Too bad it was one of the coldest days/night's of the year, but you can't hold management responsible for the weather.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for your recent 4 star review. I was glad to hear you enjoyed our breathtaking sunrise each morning, but disappointed that our weather did not cooperate during your stay. We hope for better weather during your next visit to Melbourne Beach. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.
Best whishes