“Wake to a Beautiful sunrise!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1665 N. State Route A1A, Melbourne, FL 32903 (Formerly Melbourne Suites Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Rossville, Georgia
“Wake to a Beautiful sunrise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had a wonderful view from our 7th floor room and gorgeous sunrise in the morning. We were headed to Miami on business and stopped here for one night which was a good choice. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable although the shower area is small. We enjoyed coffee at sunrise on the private balcony. Would definitely stay here again. The only reason for 4 stars is the breakfast was a little disappointing. Our server wasn't very friendly and she appeared annoyed because I ask for a menu instead of just eating the buffet - I have celiac disease and have to be careful eating. (Which I didn't tell server, I only ask for a menu). We also had to ask for coffee every time we needed more, so I would say "stay at this hotel, it's nice..just order room service".

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Rossvegas2013,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We hope you enjoyed our breath taking views and our warm chocolate chip cookies. I have personally shared your kind comments with our team and we can’t wait to serve you again. Please feel free to share any additional comments or suggestions with me.
Hospitably,
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I wanted to have a weekend get-a-way with my husband and two sons. The Doubletree in Melbourne, FL was perfect. The ocean was warm and welcoming, the pool was inviting and the property was busy but not over-crowded. The boys had so much fun and we all felt right at home. We will definately be coming back.

Dear Deborah,

Every guest is a valued guest, and we were delighted to be your chosen hotel during your recent stay. We hope that you experienced exceptional service as intended by our team. May I take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to our brand. We hope to see you back in the near future.
Amherst, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here on business in Melbourne Florida. The hotel is close by and has a nice atmosphere. I had a great view of the ocean from my fifth foor room. View is obsured by the vegetation on the first level. The access to the beach was easy. The hotel staff was very pleasant and attentive to my needs. The room was clean and updated. Breakfast buffet was ample, but not included in the price of the room. There were fabulous sunrises and it was an experience to visit in August during the sea turtle egg laying. You can actually see turtles coming to nest.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room from the best views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Greg G.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us during your property review. We appreciate your time and effort in providing feedback to us. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay.
Ponte Vedra Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Doubletree in Melbourne Beach is a great oceanfront hotel. The rooms are well priced and the view is fantastic. Staff are friendly and polite and the location is great for a variety of things to do. We came to watch the Florida Tech Inaugural football game against Stetson and will stay here again for each home game!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Laura W.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for choosing our Doubletree Suites Melbourne Beach during your last trip. I hope you enjoyed your beach time as well as the football game. We loved having you here and can't wait to see you again. Please contact me directly next time you need to come to this area. In the meantime I will share your comments with our team. Thank you very much!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

considering the price it was just fine. Rooms are clean but could use some updating. Ocean front is a big plus. We also had two beds and a sitting room which was nice. check in was polite and quick. Cookies upon arrival was a real treat. A nice little restaurant that has a breakfast buffet that was very good and specials at night. A very nice pool area and beach.
All in all I would say , you would not be disappointed with your stay here.

Room Tip: We chose a high floor, all are ocean front. Our views were amazing. Excellent view of beach .
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 01Sashi.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We work hard to ensure our guests experience the best visits possible and our team was happy to hear that we achieved our goal. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I will pass it along to our team. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance to you.

Hospitably,

Orlando, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

One of the best customer service for a beach hotel. The attention to detail from the staff is amazing. The staff listen first and act upon your request. The hotel amenities are excellent too. The staff of this hotel was extremely friendly but not familiar. They make you feel like a king or queen. Every staff member had a smile at all times. They were eager and ready to delight me. I will recommend this hotel to any person looking for a perfect beach view, sweet amenities and superb customer service. Everything was also extremely clean.

Dear Carlos D.

Thank you so much for all your kind comments regarding our staff. I have share your feedback with our entire team and we are all very happy you had such a good experience during your last visit. We thank you for your business and loyalty to our brand. Please feel free to contact me directly next time you visit this area.

Regrads,
Cincinnati, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was a four night stay so lots of chances to experience the hotel. Check in was great and we got hot cookies. The bathroom was super tiny and I took a tumble in it trying to get the door closed and into the shower. The ocean view was great. We ate breakfast one time (it is a pay breakfast, not a free one) and considered the food overpriced and not very good. The service was only average as we had to flag down our waiter for more coffee. Housekeeping staff kept the room spic and span and that's very good when one is staying a few days. I hated not having coffee available in the lobby and didn't want to order it in the restaurant as it was overpriced and I like to get up and get coffee right away. If you like to lounge by the pool I think this would be a great place. Nice looking bar right by the pool but we had many other things planned so never did that. This is the second time in 18 months we have stayed at this hotel and I am not sure we'll do it again.

Dear Susan H.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We strive to ensure our guests experience the best visits possible and we felt short of our goal this time. Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am sorry you did not receive our normally high standard of service. I would like to thank you for also mentioning the good areas like your check in experience and the panoramic views we have to offer. I hope you give us a second chance to make a better impression on you. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.