“Wonderful views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1665 N. State Route A1A, Melbourne, FL 32903 (Formerly Melbourne Suites Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Breakfast for 4!
Ranked #5 of 21 hotels in Melbourne
Amherst, New Hampshire
“Wonderful views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here on business in Melbourne Florida. The hotel is close by and has a nice atmosphere. I had a great view of the ocean from my fifth foor room. View is obsured by the vegetation on the first level. The access to the beach was easy. The hotel staff was very pleasant and attentive to my needs. The room was clean and updated. Breakfast buffet was ample, but not included in the price of the room. There were fabulous sunrises and it was an experience to visit in August during the sea turtle egg laying. You can actually see turtles coming to nest.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room from the best views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Greg G.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us during your property review. We appreciate your time and effort in providing feedback to us. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay.
Regards,

879 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Ponte Vedra Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Doubletree in Melbourne Beach is a great oceanfront hotel. The rooms are well priced and the view is fantastic. Staff are friendly and polite and the location is great for a variety of things to do. We came to watch the Florida Tech Inaugural football game against Stetson and will stay here again for each home game!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Laura W.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for choosing our Doubletree Suites Melbourne Beach during your last trip. I hope you enjoyed your beach time as well as the football game. We loved having you here and can't wait to see you again. Please contact me directly next time you need to come to this area. In the meantime I will share your comments with our team. Thank you very much!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

considering the price it was just fine. Rooms are clean but could use some updating. Ocean front is a big plus. We also had two beds and a sitting room which was nice. check in was polite and quick. Cookies upon arrival was a real treat. A nice little restaurant that has a breakfast buffet that was very good and specials at night. A very nice pool area and beach.
All in all I would say , you would not be disappointed with your stay here.

Room Tip: We chose a high floor, all are ocean front. Our views were amazing. Excellent view of beach .
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 01Sashi.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We work hard to ensure our guests experience the best visits possible and our team was happy to hear that we achieved our goal. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I will pass it along to our team. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance to you.

Hospitably,

Orlando, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

One of the best customer service for a beach hotel. The attention to detail from the staff is amazing. The staff listen first and act upon your request. The hotel amenities are excellent too. The staff of this hotel was extremely friendly but not familiar. They make you feel like a king or queen. Every staff member had a smile at all times. They were eager and ready to delight me. I will recommend this hotel to any person looking for a perfect beach view, sweet amenities and superb customer service. Everything was also extremely clean.

Dear Carlos D.

Thank you so much for all your kind comments regarding our staff. I have share your feedback with our entire team and we are all very happy you had such a good experience during your last visit. We thank you for your business and loyalty to our brand. Please feel free to contact me directly next time you visit this area.

Regrads,
Cincinnati, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was a four night stay so lots of chances to experience the hotel. Check in was great and we got hot cookies. The bathroom was super tiny and I took a tumble in it trying to get the door closed and into the shower. The ocean view was great. We ate breakfast one time (it is a pay breakfast, not a free one) and considered the food overpriced and not very good. The service was only average as we had to flag down our waiter for more coffee. Housekeeping staff kept the room spic and span and that's very good when one is staying a few days. I hated not having coffee available in the lobby and didn't want to order it in the restaurant as it was overpriced and I like to get up and get coffee right away. If you like to lounge by the pool I think this would be a great place. Nice looking bar right by the pool but we had many other things planned so never did that. This is the second time in 18 months we have stayed at this hotel and I am not sure we'll do it again.

Dear Susan H.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We strive to ensure our guests experience the best visits possible and we felt short of our goal this time. Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am sorry you did not receive our normally high standard of service. I would like to thank you for also mentioning the good areas like your check in experience and the panoramic views we have to offer. I hope you give us a second chance to make a better impression on you. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.
Regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I just arrived on property today. We were able to get access to our room early. Around 2pm. We are on the 7th floor, perfect location. I would give this 2.5 stars if I could.

-The lobby is pretty
-The pool looks small
-The room views are amazing
-Cookies at check-in are a nice touch
-the beach rental chairs and umbrella look cheap and uncomfortable. They are vinyl strap lounge chairs and the umbrellas look to be lower quality. Not what I've experienced at other hotels.
-Room is a bit small but moderately nice
-No bathtub, only a shower. This is sometimes standard in beach hotels, just thought I'd point that out. It can be a pain if you have small kids. The shower tile seems old and stained.
-A/C in our room was horrible, never got all the way cool
-The A/C automatically turns off when the balcony door gets opened then takes five minutes to restart. I see the purpose, but a bit excessive. Maybe have it shut off after two minutes or so. Just stepping on balcony to get something shuts off your a/c for five min!
-Elevator waiting areas on the room floors have no A/C. It is insane. It has to be well over 100 degrees waiting for the elevator. There are also trash cans in this area which make the area stink
-The elevators have no A/C. The front desk told me its because the doors open so much. Uh, I've stayed many places in hot climates which have had elevator door actually open outside and they've all had A/C. They are very uncomfortable and feels very very low-class.
-The beach shower has no foot rinse, only an overhead shower.
-Rios bartender Mike was a super nice guy and very helpful.
-The hotel is in Indialantic, not Melbourne Beach. The businesses in the area seem older and a bit run down.

The elevator and elevator waiting rooms are ridiculous though. I have never seen a hotel not cool elevators and waiting areas for the elevators.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Ranchfly,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of the issues you reported during your review. I hope you accept me sincere apologies for this short coming. I want you to know that I have taken the necessary steps to inform the appropriate departments of the problems raised. Maintenance is dealing with the elevator landing A/C issues as well as the room you stayed in. I am also having a meeting with the third party beach rentals to discuss the condition of their equipment. I will also pas along all your positive comments regarding your stay and a special thank you to Mike our bartender for taking good care of you. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further comments or suggestions. We hope you get to see the improvement during your next visit to Melbourne Beach.
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Nice hotel to stay on the beach. Front desk clerk very nice and helpful. Would love to visit again. Maid service very nice and did good work. Loved watching the big fish jumping from the sea and the sea turtles nesting was neat. Wish they had a breakfast buffet....that would have been helpful for getting a bite to eat before we left for our class each day...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Alana P,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you were able to enjoy the spectacular scenery we have to offer, especially during turtle season. I will also pass along your kind comments to our front desk and housekeeping team. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Hospitably,