“Friendliest hotel on the beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1665 N. State Route A1A, Melbourne, FL 32903 (Formerly Melbourne Suites Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne Beach, United States
“Friendliest hotel on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our holiday stay was superior. Clean, safe hotel with beach views. What a relaxing getaway destination! Staff and service was beyond expectation. Every room faces the ocean with a great floor plan including living room area with refrig & microwave. Modern decor with current TVs.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Kathy D,

Thank you so much for reviewing our property. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your holiday stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about our staff and service. I will be sure to pass them onto our management team. We look forward to your return the next time you need a getaway.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Gotha, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was a good beach vacation for our family. Each morning the sunrise from our room was amazing! We spent most of our time on the beach - there isn't a lot else to do in the area. Hotel staff was pleasant. Only problem we had was with getting enough towels. Housekeeping would only leave 2 for 4 people and repeated request to front desk yielded no towels :( The pool is a little small and not a lot of chairs, but like I said we were there for the beach so it didn't really effect us. The pool front bar is ok as was the daily music. Nights on the beach are very dark (not well lit to help the sea turtles I am guessing). The rooms have a small mini fridge and a microwave (no freezer). Overall this was a nice little getaway for our family.

Dear AHullFamily,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed your getaway with us. I'm sorry that you did not have enough towels in your room. I will speak to our Executive Housekeeper so that her staff provides enough towels for the amount of guests in the room.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the sunrises and our beach. It is dark in the evening during the summer as we make sure to dim our lights as required for the nesting sea turtles. We look forward to your return soon for another weekend away.

Orlando, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Overall the hotel was nice and the staff was accommodating to our large group needs for the conference rooms. Pool temperature was unpleasant - felt like a bath :(... so it was nice to have the beach SO close. It felt like a private beach as there was not much real close by.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Carrie H,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry the pool was so warm. I will speak to our Chief Engineer. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the beach. It's great having it just ourside your door. We look forward to your next visit.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling to visit family and decided to stay here. Rooms were quiet and clean. Staff was nice (upon arrival, departure was a different story).
The night before we were scheduled to depart, my husband and I decided to be spontaneous and stay another night. I called down to the front desk on Friday evening and spoke to a gentleman named David. I asked if we could extend our stay another night and he said "of course! We can guarantee a rate of $119 a night!" I told him great! Lets do it! He said not a problem and that was that.

The next morning, my husband and I were awakened by housekeeping trying to get in. We
told her that we were staying another night, and she looked confused. So,
I called down to the front desk and got Sabrina. I told her about housekeeping trying to enter and told her that we had extended our stay with David the night before. Well, guess what? David never booked our room! She said she was sorry, and could put us in another room facing bushes on the first floor. I told her that this was a major inconvience, as we have an infant and the move would not be easy with all of our belongings. She claimed that all of the upper floor King rooms were reserved. I told her that this isn't our fault as we called and extended the night before. I was furious. All she said was "I'm sorry I can't help you." So now we are making a 14 hour drive home after spending $600 with them and they made a huge mistake. Never again!

• Stayed July 2013
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Jordan E,

Thank you for selecting the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach. It was nice to read that you felt that the rooms were quiet and clean. I do want to apologize for the communication errors between our staff. I will address your review with the appropriate team members. I am very sorry that we were not able to accommodate your request. Your business is very important to us and I would like to speak with you further regarding this matter if possible. I can be reached either through the Doubletree switchboard or @ john.depiro@hilton.com. Again, you have my sincerest apologies.

Orlando, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My entire family spent a vacation at the beach. The hotel was very busy and they tried to get the rooms turned around quickly, even though we did not get checked in until after 4pm. Breakfast was very good. Staff was excellent at service. Rooms were a little dated and sick backed up and smelled like sewage a little.

Dear John Z,

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your beach vacation. Thank you for your kind words about our staff and breakfast. I will be sure to pass them onto our management team. I'm sorry that your sink backed up. I will be sure to speak to our Chief Engineer. We look forward to your next visit.

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We have been here for over a week from June 29th, 2013 to July 7th, 2013 we were on the 3rd floor room 303 and the wireless internet never worked in our room. The housekeeping staff were terrible, I had one housekeeper tell me that she did not speak english. Really you obviously do. The front desk always acted like we were putting them out of their way. The hotel in general was not very clean and I think the staff spent more time outside smoking then they did cleaning. Our room had a great view but we NEVER had any towels had to call and ask for them everyday. Our shower was filthy and when the cleaning service did come one time I told her that there was sand on the floor and to please mop it, she swept it left it on the carpet and never emptied our trash cans. I definately do not think this hotel stands up to the Hilton name. We had people at the pool and beach that did not even stay here they cut through the side of the hotel and came in the back by the pool. I would say I am very disappointed in the service and the cleanliness of the hotel all together. Melissa D

Room Tip: The north tower smells pretty bad we were in the odd numbered rooms. You can definitely here your ne...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Melissa D,

Thank you for posting a review. I am very sorry to hear about all of the Housekeeping issues that transpired during your visit. This is not the type of service our Housekeeping Department is accustomed to delivering. I have forwarded your comments to our Executive Housekeeper. We will also address the lack of pool towels and make certain that all of our guests at the pool are indeed guests of the hotel. I was glad to see that you did enjoy the view in your suite. We can do so much better, I promise you. If your travels take you back to the Melbourne Beach area, please contact me directly at john.depiro@hilton.com. Thank you for your business.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 3.55 to be told that no rooms were available even though we had pre-booked and check in was from 4pm. Twice we went back to reception and eventually got a room at 4.45pm but it was not the room type that we had booked, but we accepted this to get a room. The reception were obviously embarassed and gave us a voucher for a complimentary drink from the pool bar. We decided to have dinner in the hotel which started at 5pm. We sat down at 6pm and were the only people in the restaurant except for a man painting the wall trim!!!!
On the positive side the suite was very nice with a great ocean view from the balcolny.
We used this hotel to go Turtle Watching and its location was perfect,

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a first floor room or you will not see the ocean
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Suzanne N,

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree Suites, by Hilton Melbourne Beach. I was very pleased to read that your suite was up to your standards and that it had a great view of the ocean. I am very sorry that your room wasn’t ready at 4:00 PM. We will address this issue. I was glad to see that the staff invited you to the pool bar for a drink. I will investigate why there was painting transpiring at 6:00 PM. I am very sorry for the aforementioned issues. I can assure you that this is not the way we are accustomed to doing business. If your travels take you back to the Melbourne Beach area in the future, please contact me directly at john.depiro@hilton.com. Thank you for your business.