“What good is a hotel if they mess up your reservation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1665 N. State Route A1A, Melbourne, FL 32903 (Formerly Melbourne Suites Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Enjoy Breakfast for 4!
Ranked #6 of 21 hotels in Melbourne
Tampa, United States
“What good is a hotel if they mess up your reservation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The attitude and mishaps of this experience ensures we wont returen to this chain again. It was the central (US and Manilla) reservation centers and customer service center that made this experience horrible, and was topped off by the actual hotel inconsideration to the circumstances. Reserved in the wrong name, a name we did not even give them to use or authorize. I asked about my rewards point card that i use to utilize over a year ago. It was in a former married name. The reservationist made the assumption that the reservation would be in that name despite us telling her it would be in my friends name. Never received the reservation email. Got to the front desk and they could not find us in the system. Called the reservation center and customer service number, and they could not find us either. When we realized, she might have used the wrong name. Sure enough... We made our reservation contingent on early check in and late check out, which was noted in the reservation and told to us that we would get because they called the hotel first. This was not true and we had to wait 4 hours, with a dog and in 96 degree weather in the car, before we could check in. Had we known ahead, we would have adjusted our schedule. Complete failure to show hospitality and rectify their mess up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

875 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 7 nights in April 2013, our 4th visit to this hotel in the past several years. All rooms a suites with balconies facing the ocean. Our 8th floor balcony was great; we often left the balcony door open as we slept to be serenaded by the rolling surf, and several mornings watched the sunrise from the balcony. To limit overall costs we shopped at a local grocery store and had many of our meals in the room or on the beach, with an in-room refrigerator and microwave. On our previous visits we had children with us, who slept in a separate room on a sleeper-sofa. Cost for the room is very reasonable, staff were courteous, good value. Rooms were a little dated but no reason to complain.

Room Tip: try to get a high floor on the 9-story hotel for the best view of the ocean
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Harley 814,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the sounds of the surf and our beautiful sunrises added to your ex perience. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass them on to our management team. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you travel to Melbourne.

Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have stayed here before and were are still not disappointed. The place is clean and nice and I can't say enough good things about the staff they are all fantastic.
My wife was having such a good time just relaxing we ended up staying an extra night.
I can’t believe how fast they manage to clean up all the sand and water the children track in from the beach. We will stay here again in as we think this hotel a great choice.

Room Tip: I try and stay on the 3,4 or 5th floors for the best view. Too low and your looking at trees and too...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Scott M,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you need a getaway.

Bracebridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very pleased with experience and looking forward to being there again next year. All staff very friendly and helpful. Really looked after my dietary needs (gluten free), couldn't have asked for better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Heidrun H,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our chef took care of your dietary needs. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass them on to our management staff. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

excellent Motel!!!Stayed there for 8 nights, been staying there for 18 years,the only thing i didn't like was the restaurant,the fried fish was frozen tv dinners food,did not go back after that...... the front desk was excellent as allways,but we where woke up out of a dead sleep by people partying and banging the walls,slaming doors and turning both TV's up full blast,we complained but it did not stop,bad security

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gary W Johnson,

Thank you for your review of our property and your continued loyalty in choosing to stay with us when you're in Melbourne. Thank you for your kind words about our front desk staff. I will be sure to pass them on their manager.

I'm so sorry that our other guests woke you up during your stay. I have spoken to our hotel manager and he has assured me that he has addressed your concerns with our security personnel. I'm sure that won't be happening again and I do apologize for your inconvenience.

I've also spoken to our Food & Beverage Director and our chef and relayed your comments about your experience in the restaurant. I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy your fish dinner. Our Friday Fish Fry is one of our most popular weekly events.

I hope that you will continue to stay with us when you return to Melbourne. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest every year. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Had a package of bed and breakfast, on arrival the staff were very friendly, quick check in with cookie to boot, the suite was great 9th floor room 914, well decorated, the bed was so comfortable, clean and spacious the view was excellent, breakfast was very good the service again was excellent a good choice of food including bacon eggs cooked to order cereal etc etc......large free car parking
Would return to this hotel without a doubt, looking forward to our return.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Virgin Atlantic 747,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass them on to our management team. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to this side of the pond.

Apopka, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Not much for me tell about this hotel. Nothing that stood out negative or positive. I am trying to decide which oceanfront I like best, so I plan on visiting many more hotels along the beach in my state.When you first arrive you are given these delicious walnut and chocolate chip cookies! Upon my request I was given the highest floor with an ocean as my view. It cost a little over 150 a night, but this included breakfast. The internet and parking was free. Room 918 was fairly clean. Try not to be deceived by the noise that you will hear upon arriving because once you are in the room you wont notice it much. My bed was comfortable and my daughter states the pull out bed was decent as well. The linen didnt seem extremely fresh so we sent for clean ones. The view from 918 was superb. The waves constant crashing was soothing to my ears, and I preferred to save the hotels energy and keep my balcony door open. The television remote didnt work well so we had to wait about an hour to get one, by then we decided to go downstairs and get it ourselves. The only thing I absolutely could have done without was the restaurant and its food. I was displeased with the breakfast on all 3 days, as well as the dinner I had one night. Management fixed my bill accordingly, and promised to check why the food did not taste fresh. This hotel took care of the desire to stay on the beach, so because of that I will give an aveage rating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Phoxyy,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us along with the sounds of the surf and our famous cookies. Our view is second to none and I'm so happy that you and your daughter could enjoy it.

I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy our restaurant. I have already spoken to our Food & Beverage Director and our chef and provided them with a copy of your comments and concerns.

I hope that the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with great service and a better experience at our restaurant.