“This was my 3rd stay here and it was great!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1665 N. State Route A1A, Melbourne, FL 32903 (Formerly Melbourne Suites Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #5 of 21 hotels in Melbourne
Jacksonville, FL
“This was my 3rd stay here and it was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have stayed here before and were are still not disappointed. The place is clean and nice and I can't say enough good things about the staff they are all fantastic.
My wife was having such a good time just relaxing we ended up staying an extra night.
I can’t believe how fast they manage to clean up all the sand and water the children track in from the beach. We will stay here again in as we think this hotel a great choice.

Room Tip: I try and stay on the 3,4 or 5th floors for the best view. Too low and your looking at trees and too...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Scott M,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you need a getaway.

938 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Bracebridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very pleased with experience and looking forward to being there again next year. All staff very friendly and helpful. Really looked after my dietary needs (gluten free), couldn't have asked for better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Heidrun H,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our chef took care of your dietary needs. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass them on to our management staff. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

excellent Motel!!!Stayed there for 8 nights, been staying there for 18 years,the only thing i didn't like was the restaurant,the fried fish was frozen tv dinners food,did not go back after that...... the front desk was excellent as allways,but we where woke up out of a dead sleep by people partying and banging the walls,slaming doors and turning both TV's up full blast,we complained but it did not stop,bad security

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gary W Johnson,

Thank you for your review of our property and your continued loyalty in choosing to stay with us when you're in Melbourne. Thank you for your kind words about our front desk staff. I will be sure to pass them on their manager.

I'm so sorry that our other guests woke you up during your stay. I have spoken to our hotel manager and he has assured me that he has addressed your concerns with our security personnel. I'm sure that won't be happening again and I do apologize for your inconvenience.

I've also spoken to our Food & Beverage Director and our chef and relayed your comments about your experience in the restaurant. I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy your fish dinner. Our Friday Fish Fry is one of our most popular weekly events.

I hope that you will continue to stay with us when you return to Melbourne. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest every year. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Had a package of bed and breakfast, on arrival the staff were very friendly, quick check in with cookie to boot, the suite was great 9th floor room 914, well decorated, the bed was so comfortable, clean and spacious the view was excellent, breakfast was very good the service again was excellent a good choice of food including bacon eggs cooked to order cereal etc etc......large free car parking
Would return to this hotel without a doubt, looking forward to our return.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Virgin Atlantic 747,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass them on to our management team. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to this side of the pond.

Apopka, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Not much for me tell about this hotel. Nothing that stood out negative or positive. I am trying to decide which oceanfront I like best, so I plan on visiting many more hotels along the beach in my state.When you first arrive you are given these delicious walnut and chocolate chip cookies! Upon my request I was given the highest floor with an ocean as my view. It cost a little over 150 a night, but this included breakfast. The internet and parking was free. Room 918 was fairly clean. Try not to be deceived by the noise that you will hear upon arriving because once you are in the room you wont notice it much. My bed was comfortable and my daughter states the pull out bed was decent as well. The linen didnt seem extremely fresh so we sent for clean ones. The view from 918 was superb. The waves constant crashing was soothing to my ears, and I preferred to save the hotels energy and keep my balcony door open. The television remote didnt work well so we had to wait about an hour to get one, by then we decided to go downstairs and get it ourselves. The only thing I absolutely could have done without was the restaurant and its food. I was displeased with the breakfast on all 3 days, as well as the dinner I had one night. Management fixed my bill accordingly, and promised to check why the food did not taste fresh. This hotel took care of the desire to stay on the beach, so because of that I will give an aveage rating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Phoxyy,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us along with the sounds of the surf and our famous cookies. Our view is second to none and I'm so happy that you and your daughter could enjoy it.

I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy our restaurant. I have already spoken to our Food & Beverage Director and our chef and provided them with a copy of your comments and concerns.

I hope that the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with great service and a better experience at our restaurant.

Laurel Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Hotel is great, Cookies a nice touch (got some for the ride home as well). Staff was very friendly. However Siri on the IPhone couldn't find it. I thought the hotel was in Melbourne so I turned right after crossig the bridge into Indialantic, following the "Melbourne" directional sign aS it turns out you need to turn left...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Fort Myers, FL, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I love to start the day with a fresh cup of coffee, but the coffee maker did not work right - I ended up with coffee everywhere but in the cups! They replaced the coffee maker later that day, but that was not a good start!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Julia C,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am so sorry that the coffeemaker in your room was broken and left a mess. I hope that you will not let this discourage you from returning and staying with us the next time your travel to Melbourne. We do have great coffee and I appreciate starting your day with a fresh cup. We look forward to seeing you soon.