“still the Quality too me!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1665 N. State Route A1A, Melbourne, FL 32903 (Formerly Melbourne Suites Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Enjoy Breakfast for 4!
Ranked #5 of 21 hotels in Melbourne
Virginia Beach
“still the Quality too me!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

excellent Motel!!!Stayed there for 8 nights, been staying there for 18 years,the only thing i didn't like was the restaurant,the fried fish was frozen tv dinners food,did not go back after that...... the front desk was excellent as allways,but we where woke up out of a dead sleep by people partying and banging the walls,slaming doors and turning both TV's up full blast,we complained but it did not stop,bad security

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Gary W Johnson,

Thank you for your review of our property and your continued loyalty in choosing to stay with us when you're in Melbourne. Thank you for your kind words about our front desk staff. I will be sure to pass them on their manager.

I'm so sorry that our other guests woke you up during your stay. I have spoken to our hotel manager and he has assured me that he has addressed your concerns with our security personnel. I'm sure that won't be happening again and I do apologize for your inconvenience.

I've also spoken to our Food & Beverage Director and our chef and relayed your comments about your experience in the restaurant. I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy your fish dinner. Our Friday Fish Fry is one of our most popular weekly events.

I hope that you will continue to stay with us when you return to Melbourne. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest every year. We look forward to seeing you soon.

923 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Had a package of bed and breakfast, on arrival the staff were very friendly, quick check in with cookie to boot, the suite was great 9th floor room 914, well decorated, the bed was so comfortable, clean and spacious the view was excellent, breakfast was very good the service again was excellent a good choice of food including bacon eggs cooked to order cereal etc etc......large free car parking
Would return to this hotel without a doubt, looking forward to our return.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Virgin Atlantic 747,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass them on to our management team. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to this side of the pond.

Apopka, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Not much for me tell about this hotel. Nothing that stood out negative or positive. I am trying to decide which oceanfront I like best, so I plan on visiting many more hotels along the beach in my state.When you first arrive you are given these delicious walnut and chocolate chip cookies! Upon my request I was given the highest floor with an ocean as my view. It cost a little over 150 a night, but this included breakfast. The internet and parking was free. Room 918 was fairly clean. Try not to be deceived by the noise that you will hear upon arriving because once you are in the room you wont notice it much. My bed was comfortable and my daughter states the pull out bed was decent as well. The linen didnt seem extremely fresh so we sent for clean ones. The view from 918 was superb. The waves constant crashing was soothing to my ears, and I preferred to save the hotels energy and keep my balcony door open. The television remote didnt work well so we had to wait about an hour to get one, by then we decided to go downstairs and get it ourselves. The only thing I absolutely could have done without was the restaurant and its food. I was displeased with the breakfast on all 3 days, as well as the dinner I had one night. Management fixed my bill accordingly, and promised to check why the food did not taste fresh. This hotel took care of the desire to stay on the beach, so because of that I will give an aveage rating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Phoxyy,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us along with the sounds of the surf and our famous cookies. Our view is second to none and I'm so happy that you and your daughter could enjoy it.

I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy our restaurant. I have already spoken to our Food & Beverage Director and our chef and provided them with a copy of your comments and concerns.

I hope that the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with great service and a better experience at our restaurant.

Laurel Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Hotel is great, Cookies a nice touch (got some for the ride home as well). Staff was very friendly. However Siri on the IPhone couldn't find it. I thought the hotel was in Melbourne so I turned right after crossig the bridge into Indialantic, following the "Melbourne" directional sign aS it turns out you need to turn left...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Fort Myers, FL, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I love to start the day with a fresh cup of coffee, but the coffee maker did not work right - I ended up with coffee everywhere but in the cups! They replaced the coffee maker later that day, but that was not a good start!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Julia C,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am so sorry that the coffeemaker in your room was broken and left a mess. I hope that you will not let this discourage you from returning and staying with us the next time your travel to Melbourne. We do have great coffee and I appreciate starting your day with a fresh cup. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Gurnee, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our top pick of hotels! A 2 room suite with a balcony overlooking the ocean! The front view overlooks part of the city and the Indian River. On Saturday night, my wife and I sat on the balcony at midnight sharing a bottle of wine. There was a full moon reflecting on the ocean and beach! And the only sound was from the waves crashing on the beach! I thought those scenes were reserved for the movies!

There was a fantastic live guitarist playing by the pool; a shady pergula for those of us who burn easily; and the traditional warm cookies presented at check-in. The staff was friendly and efficient. The front desk was more than helpful. Parking was close to the entrance and available all weekend.

The room was quiet - did not hear noise from other guests.

Room Tip: The only rooms without a view would be on the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Richard 196,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and that you could relax and appreciate both our beach and river. We truly have the best views. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to forward them to our management team. We look forward to hosting you again when you travel back to Melbourne.

Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Booked the hotel last minute and made a few changes even more last minute... The hotel is located on a beautiful stretch of Melbourne Beach and is generally quiet with the exception of the frat boys running around the hotel and screaming off their balconies. I know this is the exception and does not reflect in my rating.

The check-in was fairly smooth despite some last minute changes that I had. The evening girls on Friday were fabulous. They went above and beyond to assist me and were friendly every step of the way.

We had suites on the first floor, which was really convenient and surprisingly quiet. There was a limited view of the ocean, but you could still see it. I would normally prefer higher, but understood that these were amongst the last rooms available that night, so no worries.

Rate was good for a Friday night and the rooms were clean and very well appointed. We had two televisions and a split suite design, much like the Embassy Suites. A refrigerator was also a welcome amenity. We had a private patio where we could step out into a lush green yard, while looking at the ocean.

There is a restaurant inhouse, which we utilized for breakfast. Servers are friendly and the breakfast buffet was average.... A bit more limited than some, but not bad...

The pool area is nice. It is a little small and finding seating can be a little rough at peak times. Live entertainment was a nice addition. The bar service was through a window as opposed to servers, but oh well, the AM bar tender on Saturday was a very nice gentleman.

So despite the nice rooms and mostly friendly staff, it can sometimes be that last impression that sits with you and can either make or break your stay.... Up until this point, I would have probably been at a 4 dot rating. The only negatives to that point were a few maintenance type issues. Things that could be resolved through preventative maintenance projects. Examples include a few broken windows on the property.

The thing that did not sit well with me was when I asked to extend our rooms another night. The response that I received was yes, but it would be a two night minimum... Ok, I was already here for one night.... NO, I would have to extend for two more nights.. Now being in the industry, I am very aware of 2 night minimums and they are often applied to new reservations being made at a lodging facility over busy periods. They are used to insure that the property does not lose revenue typically over a weekend Fri/Sat for guests that do not want both nights. I had already stayed Friday and wanted to extend to Sunday. Obviously the rooms were available and I was willing to pay more if the rate was higher on Saturday, but this was not an option... From my management experience, it is a much better bet to extend people inhouse than to do a cleaning on a check-out and hope you can rent the room for the next two nights. The other possibility is that the hotel is full and they were playing a game of guest roulette.

Either way, the attitude and game playing was not appreciated. There are other options in this area, including a Hilton less than a mile away.

Again, it was a very pleasant and enjoyable stay up until this point and I hope that this is an isolated issue and not a reflection on how they treat other guests... Overall, the staff was Excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Crazy Hotel Guy,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have the best view on the beach and it is usually quiet. I'm sorry that out other guests were noisy and inconsiderate. I have spoken to our Hotel Manager who has assured me that he has spoken to our security staff and informed them this is not to happen again.

I'm sorry that our front desk did not accommodate your request to stay for an additional night. They should have made that happen. I hope that you don't let that deter you from staying with us again the next time you need a getaway.

Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass them on to our management team. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to Melbourne.