“More Hotels Should Be Like This One!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1665 N. State Route A1A, Melbourne, FL 32903 (Formerly Melbourne Suites Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Gurnee, Illinois
“More Hotels Should Be Like This One!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our top pick of hotels! A 2 room suite with a balcony overlooking the ocean! The front view overlooks part of the city and the Indian River. On Saturday night, my wife and I sat on the balcony at midnight sharing a bottle of wine. There was a full moon reflecting on the ocean and beach! And the only sound was from the waves crashing on the beach! I thought those scenes were reserved for the movies!

There was a fantastic live guitarist playing by the pool; a shady pergula for those of us who burn easily; and the traditional warm cookies presented at check-in. The staff was friendly and efficient. The front desk was more than helpful. Parking was close to the entrance and available all weekend.

The room was quiet - did not hear noise from other guests.

Room Tip: The only rooms without a view would be on the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Richard 196,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and that you could relax and appreciate both our beach and river. We truly have the best views. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to forward them to our management team. We look forward to hosting you again when you travel back to Melbourne.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Booked the hotel last minute and made a few changes even more last minute... The hotel is located on a beautiful stretch of Melbourne Beach and is generally quiet with the exception of the frat boys running around the hotel and screaming off their balconies. I know this is the exception and does not reflect in my rating.

The check-in was fairly smooth despite some last minute changes that I had. The evening girls on Friday were fabulous. They went above and beyond to assist me and were friendly every step of the way.

We had suites on the first floor, which was really convenient and surprisingly quiet. There was a limited view of the ocean, but you could still see it. I would normally prefer higher, but understood that these were amongst the last rooms available that night, so no worries.

Rate was good for a Friday night and the rooms were clean and very well appointed. We had two televisions and a split suite design, much like the Embassy Suites. A refrigerator was also a welcome amenity. We had a private patio where we could step out into a lush green yard, while looking at the ocean.

There is a restaurant inhouse, which we utilized for breakfast. Servers are friendly and the breakfast buffet was average.... A bit more limited than some, but not bad...

The pool area is nice. It is a little small and finding seating can be a little rough at peak times. Live entertainment was a nice addition. The bar service was through a window as opposed to servers, but oh well, the AM bar tender on Saturday was a very nice gentleman.

So despite the nice rooms and mostly friendly staff, it can sometimes be that last impression that sits with you and can either make or break your stay.... Up until this point, I would have probably been at a 4 dot rating. The only negatives to that point were a few maintenance type issues. Things that could be resolved through preventative maintenance projects. Examples include a few broken windows on the property.

The thing that did not sit well with me was when I asked to extend our rooms another night. The response that I received was yes, but it would be a two night minimum... Ok, I was already here for one night.... NO, I would have to extend for two more nights.. Now being in the industry, I am very aware of 2 night minimums and they are often applied to new reservations being made at a lodging facility over busy periods. They are used to insure that the property does not lose revenue typically over a weekend Fri/Sat for guests that do not want both nights. I had already stayed Friday and wanted to extend to Sunday. Obviously the rooms were available and I was willing to pay more if the rate was higher on Saturday, but this was not an option... From my management experience, it is a much better bet to extend people inhouse than to do a cleaning on a check-out and hope you can rent the room for the next two nights. The other possibility is that the hotel is full and they were playing a game of guest roulette.

Either way, the attitude and game playing was not appreciated. There are other options in this area, including a Hilton less than a mile away.

Again, it was a very pleasant and enjoyable stay up until this point and I hope that this is an isolated issue and not a reflection on how they treat other guests... Overall, the staff was Excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Crazy Hotel Guy,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have the best view on the beach and it is usually quiet. I'm sorry that out other guests were noisy and inconsiderate. I have spoken to our Hotel Manager who has assured me that he has spoken to our security staff and informed them this is not to happen again.

I'm sorry that our front desk did not accommodate your request to stay for an additional night. They should have made that happen. I hope that you don't let that deter you from staying with us again the next time you need a getaway.

Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass them on to our management team. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to Melbourne.

harrison,ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We've stayed here several times, going back to the previous ownership. The rooms all face the ocean. There is a very nicely located pool area with a hot tub alongside and a bar. The rooms are actually two room suites with a sliding door in between. Both have TV's etc. The staff has always been polite and efficient. Nearby are several good restaurants as well as their own.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great panaromic view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Secondbuoy,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you have enjoyed all your stays with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us when your travels bring you to Melbourne. We look forward to your next visit.

pt st lucie, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed here many times in the 90's and early 2000's when it was Quality Suites. After the hurricanes of 2004 we were told the buildings were being converted to condos. For all these years I thought we'd lost our favorite getaway until I was searching oceanfront hotels and realized the Doubletree was now the new owner of Quality Suites. I contacted the hotel and spoke to the manager, Carlos and told him that my wife and I had a specific room we always stayed in. He arranged for us to get "our" room, made sure the dozen roses I ordered were waiting for my wife and surprised us with chocolate covered strawberries in the fridge for our anniversary. When my wife realized I had lined up our favorite room from years ago and walked in to the flowers and strawberries, she burst into tears. It was unforgettable. We absorbed the balcony views all weekend, enjoying seeing two weddings on the beach. We used room service the entire weekend and thought the food was delicious. Now that we have found this gem again we will be back again and again. Carlos was awesome and every employee we encountered was kind. The hotel looks so much better than we ever saw it when Quality Suites owned it.

Dear Idealden,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you and your wife were able to celebrate your wedding anniversary in your favorite room. Thank you for sharing your special day with us. It was our pleasure to welcome you back and we look forward to many more visits with you.

McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Everything about this hotel is EXCELLENT!!! The room was clean and quiet. The beds are amazingly comfortable! The restaurant food is ok...the best things are the chicken wings! The do have a courtesy shuttle to/from the Melbourne airport, but you have to ask for it a day ahead of time to arrange for pickup.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit when you travel to Melbourne.

St petersburg, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Amazing time. Hotel is awesome and every single area of the staff was fantastic. Was in a pet room on the second floor. Scanned the reviews before booking and read the first floor view was obstructed by vegetation...which was accurate. Was looking for a fun, higher end beachfront hotel and this one was it with the best price. Had a very tropical atmosphere and met and exceeded all our expectations. Can't wait to go back and stay again!!!!

Room Tip: second floor and up!!!
Dear Bunnitravels,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from April 19 to 21, 2013. I was in town visiting friends. I booked through Tingo.com and got a good rate. I booked a king room with patio.

I arrived on the 19th at about 7 PM. The girl that checked me in was so pleasant and had a great smile. She really represented the hotel well. She seemed genuinely interested in how I was and how my day had been and what I was in town for. That's hard when you have to do it 50 or more times a day but she did it with ease. I was given room 107.

The room is just outside the door to the main hotel area and I worried about noise from the door but I never heard it. The one thing the room didn't have was the window in the living area that the other rooms had. If I was staying longer with my family, I'd want that window.

The living area is big. It had a table for two, a fold out couch, a chair, a coffee table, an end table with a lamp then a hutch of sorts with a big flat screen TV, a refrigerator, a microwave and a coffee pot. Then there's a walk through to the bedroom where you have a vanity area and the bathroom. The bathroom has a walk in shower that was large. The bedroom has a closet, king bed, two side tables, a dresser and a big TV. There's also a door to the patio. Unfortunately, being on the first floor would be great if you had a pet with you or if your kids wanted to play outside but it limited your view of the beach and water. You saw more of the dunes and bushes on the dunes than the water.

This room has limited outlets. I was looking for a plug in for my computer and my iPhone charger and I had to pull the furniture away from the wall. The bed was very comfortable. There were only 5 hangers in the closet but for just me it was fine. The trash cans are split for recyclables on one side and trash on the other. I think they should have two cans in the room because when you split the can, it limits the size of the trash you can throw away.

There is free wifi and it was easy to connect to. My big beef is with hotel coffee makers. You give me a fancy one cup coffee maker with Wolfgang Puck coffee then you give me this little 1950's packet of pure sugar and two pink sugars and two inadequate creamers and two little straws. Aren't we past this? Can't I have flavored coffee or better creamer? In this world of lattes, I need more creamer. And the pink sweetener? Ick. Update the coffee amenities.

I asked for 11:30 check out on the 21st and it was no problem. When I checked out, Brent asked me if everything was OK with the room. I haven't been asked that in a long time. I told him about the electrical outlet in the bathroom, the top one, didn't have a good connection and I couldn't use it and the room didn't have a do not disturb sign. Nice follow up at the end of my visit.

I liked the hotel and would return with my family.

Room Tip: If you want to see sand and water, ask for 2nd floor or higher.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mile High Girl,

Thank you so much for your thorough review of our property. I appreciate it. Thank you for your kind words about Brent and our front desk staff. I'm so glad that they made you feel welcome and inquired about your stay.

Thank you for letting us know about the bathroom outlet and the Do Not Disturb Sign. I'll be sure to confer with our Director of Engineering and Executive Housekeeper so that these can be repaired or replaced.

I will pass your ideas about our coffee onto our management team. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Melbourne.