Booked the hotel last minute and made a few changes even more last minute... The hotel is located on a beautiful stretch of Melbourne Beach and is generally quiet with the exception of the frat boys running around the hotel and screaming off their balconies. I know this is the exception and does not reflect in my rating.
The check-in was fairly smooth despite some last minute changes that I had. The evening girls on Friday were fabulous. They went above and beyond to assist me and were friendly every step of the way.
We had suites on the first floor, which was really convenient and surprisingly quiet. There was a limited view of the ocean, but you could still see it. I would normally prefer higher, but understood that these were amongst the last rooms available that night, so no worries.
Rate was good for a Friday night and the rooms were clean and very well appointed. We had two televisions and a split suite design, much like the Embassy Suites. A refrigerator was also a welcome amenity. We had a private patio where we could step out into a lush green yard, while looking at the ocean.
There is a restaurant inhouse, which we utilized for breakfast. Servers are friendly and the breakfast buffet was average.... A bit more limited than some, but not bad...
The pool area is nice. It is a little small and finding seating can be a little rough at peak times. Live entertainment was a nice addition. The bar service was through a window as opposed to servers, but oh well, the AM bar tender on Saturday was a very nice gentleman.
So despite the nice rooms and mostly friendly staff, it can sometimes be that last impression that sits with you and can either make or break your stay.... Up until this point, I would have probably been at a 4 dot rating. The only negatives to that point were a few maintenance type issues. Things that could be resolved through preventative maintenance projects. Examples include a few broken windows on the property.
The thing that did not sit well with me was when I asked to extend our rooms another night. The response that I received was yes, but it would be a two night minimum... Ok, I was already here for one night.... NO, I would have to extend for two more nights.. Now being in the industry, I am very aware of 2 night minimums and they are often applied to new reservations being made at a lodging facility over busy periods. They are used to insure that the property does not lose revenue typically over a weekend Fri/Sat for guests that do not want both nights. I had already stayed Friday and wanted to extend to Sunday. Obviously the rooms were available and I was willing to pay more if the rate was higher on Saturday, but this was not an option... From my management experience, it is a much better bet to extend people inhouse than to do a cleaning on a check-out and hope you can rent the room for the next two nights. The other possibility is that the hotel is full and they were playing a game of guest roulette.
Either way, the attitude and game playing was not appreciated. There are other options in this area, including a Hilton less than a mile away.
Again, it was a very pleasant and enjoyable stay up until this point and I hope that this is an isolated issue and not a reflection on how they treat other guests... Overall, the staff was Excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront boasts a resort-style setting overlooking white sand of the Atlantic Ocean. Our Melbourne Beach hotel is conveniently located near Cocoa Beach and Space Coast attractions, with nearby family attractions such as Disney World and other Orlando theme parks for day trips. Our all-suite Melbourne, FL hotel is only 10 minutes from Melbourne International Airport (MLB), or an hour east of Orlando International (MCO). The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront features direct oceanfront suites, perfect for business or leisure visitors alike. Guests can enjoy magnificent views from private balconies, and a range of must-have amenities including luxurious beds and bath amenities, and access to our 24-Hour Fitness Center and Business Center. Whether you are traveling on business, planning a family vacation, or having a romantic weekend getaway, our friendly, professional staff looks forward to welcoming you to Florida's Space Coast with our special, warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. We hope you choose the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Venere, Priceline and Otel so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel Melbourne
- Doubletree Hotel Melbourne Beach Oceanfront