“FLIGHTY GIRLS RUN A WAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1665 N. State Route A1A, Melbourne, FL 32903 (Formerly Melbourne Suites Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfasts for Two!
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
McDonough, Georgia
“FLIGHTY GIRLS RUN A WAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Everything about this hotel is EXCELLENT!!! The room was clean and quiet. The beds are amazingly comfortable! The restaurant food is ok...the best things are the chicken wings! The do have a courtesy shuttle to/from the Melbourne airport, but you have to ask for it a day ahead of time to arrange for pickup.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit when you travel to Melbourne.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
St petersburg, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Amazing time. Hotel is awesome and every single area of the staff was fantastic. Was in a pet room on the second floor. Scanned the reviews before booking and read the first floor view was obstructed by vegetation...which was accurate. Was looking for a fun, higher end beachfront hotel and this one was it with the best price. Had a very tropical atmosphere and met and exceeded all our expectations. Can't wait to go back and stay again!!!!

Room Tip: second floor and up!!!
Dear Bunnitravels,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from April 19 to 21, 2013. I was in town visiting friends. I booked through Tingo.com and got a good rate. I booked a king room with patio.

I arrived on the 19th at about 7 PM. The girl that checked me in was so pleasant and had a great smile. She really represented the hotel well. She seemed genuinely interested in how I was and how my day had been and what I was in town for. That's hard when you have to do it 50 or more times a day but she did it with ease. I was given room 107.

The room is just outside the door to the main hotel area and I worried about noise from the door but I never heard it. The one thing the room didn't have was the window in the living area that the other rooms had. If I was staying longer with my family, I'd want that window.

The living area is big. It had a table for two, a fold out couch, a chair, a coffee table, an end table with a lamp then a hutch of sorts with a big flat screen TV, a refrigerator, a microwave and a coffee pot. Then there's a walk through to the bedroom where you have a vanity area and the bathroom. The bathroom has a walk in shower that was large. The bedroom has a closet, king bed, two side tables, a dresser and a big TV. There's also a door to the patio. Unfortunately, being on the first floor would be great if you had a pet with you or if your kids wanted to play outside but it limited your view of the beach and water. You saw more of the dunes and bushes on the dunes than the water.

This room has limited outlets. I was looking for a plug in for my computer and my iPhone charger and I had to pull the furniture away from the wall. The bed was very comfortable. There were only 5 hangers in the closet but for just me it was fine. The trash cans are split for recyclables on one side and trash on the other. I think they should have two cans in the room because when you split the can, it limits the size of the trash you can throw away.

There is free wifi and it was easy to connect to. My big beef is with hotel coffee makers. You give me a fancy one cup coffee maker with Wolfgang Puck coffee then you give me this little 1950's packet of pure sugar and two pink sugars and two inadequate creamers and two little straws. Aren't we past this? Can't I have flavored coffee or better creamer? In this world of lattes, I need more creamer. And the pink sweetener? Ick. Update the coffee amenities.

I asked for 11:30 check out on the 21st and it was no problem. When I checked out, Brent asked me if everything was OK with the room. I haven't been asked that in a long time. I told him about the electrical outlet in the bathroom, the top one, didn't have a good connection and I couldn't use it and the room didn't have a do not disturb sign. Nice follow up at the end of my visit.

I liked the hotel and would return with my family.

Room Tip: If you want to see sand and water, ask for 2nd floor or higher.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mile High Girl,

Thank you so much for your thorough review of our property. I appreciate it. Thank you for your kind words about Brent and our front desk staff. I'm so glad that they made you feel welcome and inquired about your stay.

Thank you for letting us know about the bathroom outlet and the Do Not Disturb Sign. I'll be sure to confer with our Director of Engineering and Executive Housekeeper so that these can be repaired or replaced.

I will pass your ideas about our coffee onto our management team. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Melbourne.

Las Cruces
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The location on the beach was wonderful for the price of hotel room. The warm cookies on arrival were heavenly, but the overall cleanliness of room was lacking. The sound of ocean waves lulled us to sleep each night. The sunrise was beautiful, as was walk on the beach. Too bad overall room cleanliness put a pallor on otherwise wonderful experience.

Dear Pamela M,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our teriffic beach, your walks and our beautiful sunrises. I'm also glad that you enjoyed our famous warm cookies. I'm so sorry that you did not feel your room was clean. This is not at all the service we provide and I will be sure to speak with our Executive Housekeeper about the staff that were assigned to your room. I hope that the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne that you will give us another opportunity to wow you with our service.

Medina, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I would give this hotel a 5 star rating. When I checked in, I told Casandra at the front desk that this was a belated honeymoon for myself and my husband. She not only was able to give us an early check-in but also made sure that our stay was enjoyable by sending up a few items courtesy of the hotel and front desk staff and doing a follow-up call to see how everything was and if we needed anything. The hotel is close to restaurants, drug stores, grocery stores and shopping centers and also offers free parking. We had a king size suite with Oceanview and were not disappointed. The room was fantastic and the bed was really comfortable. The area is not too touristy unlike Cocoa Beach. The beach was beautiful. Mike and Jim at the beach bar were amazing. We had such an amazing time and were very sad to leave. We had to meet friends in Orlando and stayed in Disney World at a sub-par hotel which was very expensive. We contemplated canceling the rest of our stay in Orlando and heading back to this hotel because we had such an amazing experience. We will be using this hotel again when we head back to Florida. Thank you so much Casandra for making our stay so enjoyable. I hope that the hotel management know what an amazing employee that they have in you. It was because of you that we had such an amazing experience!!

Dear Moemac59,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Cassandra was able to make your honeymoon extra special. Congratulations! We wish you the best of luck in your new life together and we look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Melbourne.

Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Relaxing in my cozy bed enjoying the roar of the Atlantic Ocean is my favorite lull for a good nights sleep.Waking to the rising sun over the water can't be beat. Overall the staff was very accommodating and the cookies just topped me off.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Dear CookieKC,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the ocean waves lulling you to sleep. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to Melbourne.

Stevens Point, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Doubletree from April 11-17. We booked somewhat early so we were able to secure an advanced booking rate of $99. All rooms are suites and ocean front, so we felt that the value of our dollar went along way at this hotel. I've never stayed at a hotel on the beach for this price before. We were worried about spring breakers, but had called the hotel ahead of time and the had assured us that this was more of a family spring break location and wouldn't have to worry about loud groups of kids, etc. The were absolutely correct and it was mostly families, couples and business travelers at the hotel.

We loved the fact that there were 3 separate areas within the room, which made it feel more like home and less like a hotel stay. TVs are of high quality. One located in the bedroom and family area, which would be good if a family is traveling together...the kids can watch tv in one room and the parents in the other.

The bathroom could use some updating and it is a very tight space. We did like how the vanity/sink are not located in the same area as the toilet/shower. There is no tub for those of you would want to take a bath.

There were some problems with the AC while we were there. We had noticed the evening that we checked in that it was a warmer than we would like in the room, but even though we turned the thermostat temp way down, it really did not get any cooler. The next day the air just shut off, so we called the front desk and they advised it was going to be off from 9a-5p due to maintenance. It didn't matter to us since we'd be gone for the day and the air was back on by the time we returned.

The pool area is smaller than what you would expect for a hotel of this size. I'd imagine that there would be very limited seating if the hotel was fully booked. You have to sign out towels for the pool/beach each time you need to use them. There were several times when we went to get towels and the "guy" wasn't there, so we just had to wait. There were a couple times when we went out there and there was a sign that directed you to the front desk to get the towels. We never swam in the pool and lounged on the beach everyday. You are able to rent beach 2 chairs and an umbrella for $20 a day.

The hotel was in a great location. Very close to restaurants, shopping, grocery store, Walgreens. We rented a car during our trip and had no problems navigating or getting around Melbourne or the surrounding towns.

Yes, the hotel could use some updates, but we agreed that we'd definitely stay again if we came back to the area. We liked it so much that we even decided to stay an extra night. The hotel was very accommodating and allowed us to stay in the same room and the price was $130 for the additional night.

Dear Doxikittens,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our engineering department could assist you with your air conditioner and that our front desk was able to accommodate your request for an additional night. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Melbourne.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront