This is the second year in a row that we stayed at the Doubletree Suites Melbourne. We really like this hotel, location right on the beach cannot be beat. The beach is wide and clean, and although we were there over spring break not very crowded. Since the hotel was full the pool area was quite crowded, but not really an issue for us because we are beach people. While the suites are smaller than at most all-suite hotels they are all oceanfront and in very good condition. This was not an issue for us because my kids (2) are still young, may be more difficult as they get older/bigger. The hotel was remodeled a few years ago and the furniture is new. The beds are also extremely comfortable, even the couch bed isn’t bad. Breakfast buffet was good and lunch around the pool was good. Kitchen seems to have trouble with the more dinner which is a shame because the restaurant is nice and very convenient, so we had dinner out most nights. Melbourne is a quite area, not a heavy tourist zone, so even though it was spring break the area was not crowded. Staff at the hotel was great; everyone was very friendly and helpful
Now for the negatives, pool chairs and towels are in short-supply and most are gone by 9 AM. I started taking towels late in the day and keeping in the room until the next morning to ensure we had them when we went to the beach. Also chairs and umbrellas on the beach are available for rent from an outside vendor. I found it more economical to purchase 2 chairs and an umbrella from the Wal-Mart down the street. Service in the restaurant sand pool bar was very slow, which was odd because it wasn’t usually crowded. In general it seems like they might not have enough help.
Overall great hotel for a beach vacation with a great location. It is also clean and reasonably priced. We will defiantly be coming back for a third visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront boasts a resort-style setting overlooking white sand of the Atlantic Ocean. Our Melbourne Beach hotel is conveniently located near Cocoa Beach and Space Coast attractions, with nearby family attractions such as Disney World and other Orlando theme parks for day trips. Our all-suite Melbourne, FL hotel is only 10 minutes from Melbourne International Airport (MLB), or an hour east of Orlando International (MCO). The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront features direct oceanfront suites, perfect for business or leisure visitors alike. Guests can enjoy magnificent views from private balconies, and a range of must-have amenities including luxurious beds and bath amenities, and access to our 24-Hour Fitness Center and Business Center. Whether you are traveling on business, planning a family vacation, or having a romantic weekend getaway, our friendly, professional staff looks forward to welcoming you to Florida's Space Coast with our special, warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. We hope you choose the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel Melbourne
- Doubletree Hotel Melbourne Beach Oceanfront