My husband had to travel for business so the kids and I tagged along for a free beach stay. Check in was a breeze, got our cookies and were in our room in less than five minutes. Our room was clean and spacious. The only area that I could tell that needed TLC was the bathroom. Looks like most of the rooms have been updated but they skipped that one area. Mold in the shower and it looked like the tiles were hanging on buy massive amounts of caulk. We did not have a tub in our room, shower only, so be prepared if you are traveling with infants/toddlers. Free wifi was great since my DH needed to connect for work and the kids had their ipads. Our only problem happen the morning of check out. As soon as our feet hit the bedroom floor soaking wet carpets. Everything on the floor, clothing, suitcase, etc was soaked. I have no idea where the water came from so I threw away Jeans, t-shirts, and anything else that came in contact with the water. Didn't want to take the chance that someone's toilet over flooded into the room. Our bathroom was bone dry so I know it wasn't from ours. Costly learning experience I'll never again pack the luggage on the floor of a hotel!
The beach at the hotel is great. You can rent 2 chairs and umbrella for $20 or just grab extra towels at the front desk and save yourself the cost. The crowds on the beach for us were light (use to Miami Beach). Kids had a nice time running in the waves and playing in the sand. Didn't eat at any of the restaurants so I can not give any comments to their quality. Did get one mixed drink and it was good.
I would stay at this hotel again if it was a company expense. If I was paying to go away on a family vacation I am more of a Waldorf Astoria type of lady.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront boasts a resort-style setting overlooking white sand of the Atlantic Ocean. Our Melbourne Beach hotel is conveniently located near Cocoa Beach and Space Coast attractions, with nearby family attractions such as Disney World and other Orlando theme parks for day trips. Our all-suite Melbourne, FL hotel is only 10 minutes from Melbourne International Airport (MLB), or an hour east of Orlando International (MCO). The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront features direct oceanfront suites, perfect for business or leisure visitors alike. Guests can enjoy magnificent views from private balconies, and a range of must-have amenities including luxurious beds and bath amenities, and access to our 24-Hour Fitness Center and Business Center. Whether you are traveling on business, planning a family vacation, or having a romantic weekend getaway, our friendly, professional staff looks forward to welcoming you to Florida's Space Coast with our special, warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. We hope you choose the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel Melbourne
- Doubletree Hotel Melbourne Beach Oceanfront