“Relaxing Beach Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1665 N. State Route A1A, Melbourne, FL 32903 (Formerly Melbourne Suites Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Breakfast for 4!
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Georgia
“Relaxing Beach Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband had to travel for business so the kids and I tagged along for a free beach stay. Check in was a breeze, got our cookies and were in our room in less than five minutes. Our room was clean and spacious. The only area that I could tell that needed TLC was the bathroom. Looks like most of the rooms have been updated but they skipped that one area. Mold in the shower and it looked like the tiles were hanging on buy massive amounts of caulk. We did not have a tub in our room, shower only, so be prepared if you are traveling with infants/toddlers. Free wifi was great since my DH needed to connect for work and the kids had their ipads. Our only problem happen the morning of check out. As soon as our feet hit the bedroom floor soaking wet carpets. Everything on the floor, clothing, suitcase, etc was soaked. I have no idea where the water came from so I threw away Jeans, t-shirts, and anything else that came in contact with the water. Didn't want to take the chance that someone's toilet over flooded into the room. Our bathroom was bone dry so I know it wasn't from ours. Costly learning experience I'll never again pack the luggage on the floor of a hotel!

The beach at the hotel is great. You can rent 2 chairs and umbrella for $20 or just grab extra towels at the front desk and save yourself the cost. The crowds on the beach for us were light (use to Miami Beach). Kids had a nice time running in the waves and playing in the sand. Didn't eat at any of the restaurants so I can not give any comments to their quality. Did get one mixed drink and it was good.

I would stay at this hotel again if it was a company expense. If I was paying to go away on a family vacation I am more of a Waldorf Astoria type of lady.

Room Tip: North tower and last room at the north end of the building. Beautiful sunset if you look toward inte...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Moved here after leaving horrible hotel in vero beach. This was such a relief and beautiful site for the previous night experience. Wish we stayed here for both nights. So clean and price was decent. Two TVA, separate bedroom,pull out sofa walk out balcony. Just beautiful

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Galveston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed in the north tower on the second floor for business and I am very disappointed. I have stayed here a few times in the the past two years and enjoyed it, not so much this time. My first impression this time was terrible. The front desk people were rude and not helpful, I did not feel welcomed at all to the hotel. The room I was in this time had stained bed linens and towels. The bathroom is completely rusted over, the floor has severe rust buildup and corrosion along the tile. The shower head has dripped rust stains down the wall and in all the corners as well as the ceiling tiles (which are crumbling away). Stains on the walls, brown finger-width crusty smudges. GROSS!!! Shocked at the overall rundown appearance of this room for a double tree. =(

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband went to grab a leftover meal from the refrigerator and was alarmed to have found a roach that took off as soon as he went to grab the food. He called the manager over to complain and when I went to speak with him I looked up and saw a big spider the size of my palm. I was so grossed out. I had my four yr old with me and could not really sleep well after this. They moved us to another room and offered us to be reimbursed for the food we had there on the counter plus two complimentary meals. They worst part was that a cleaning manager happened to pass by and saw the spider and told us it was a venomous one. I had it and called Hilton to get my money reimbursed for this horrible stay but they said that was all they could do. I am never staying at a Hilton again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Doubletree when we went to Melbourne to attend a friend's wedding. What a lovely hotel! It is very large, though. We were on the 8th floor (room 809) and the view was fantastic. Only problem is that weekend was totally rainy and overcast due to a tropical storm crossing the state of Florida. Oh well, the view was still gorgeous! The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, there was plenty of hot water and the water pressure was good in the shower (no tub). There was plenty of closet and drawer space. Since the weather was so bad while we were there, we did not go down to the beach nor did we use the pool. However, we did like the hotel enough to book two rooms for a week in July and we are returning with our two teenage children. We ate breakfast in the hotel on Sunday morning - it was your typical hotel breakfast buffet - good, but nothing to write home about. The rooms were surprisingly quiet and we had no trouble at all with noise - the only noise was of the pounding surf ... a very welcomed sound! As others have mentioned, there is some kind of gurgling noise in the pipes - but nothing to get upset about. The air conditioning works extremely well - too well, at times. I ended up getting the blanket out of the closet one afternoon when we were in the room for a few hours! We tried to raise the temperature in the room, but other than just turning it off, it was impossible to change the thermostat more that a few degrees. Odd. This hotel is in a great location - an easy drive to many decent restaurants and some shopping. There is a fun little night club called Lou's Blues just north of the hotel - good fun if you are looking for some nightlife nearby.

Room Tip: The higher floor, the better the view!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive review of our property. I will be sure to share your comments with our management team about the staff and the service you received. we look forward to seeing you again in July.

Chesapeake, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We booked a vacation for our family in Melbourne planning on staying here for 6 nights. Once we checked in, we quickly changed our minds. The pictures are a little misleading. The rooms are small and there is no bathtub just a rinse off shower (we had a "suite"). The view from our balcony was stunning. I think it might be ok to stay in this hotel for one or two nights but not much longer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review of our property. I will be sure to share your comments with our management team about the staff and the service you received. I apologize that room did not meet up to your expectations as all of our rooms are two room suites with walk in showers.

I hope that you will choose to give us another chance when you return to the Melbourne area.

Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

My husband and I live twenty minutes from this hotel. When our apartment was unlivable for a Friday night due to repairs being done, we decided to make the best of it, and take a mini vacation here at the DoubleTree on the beach. We were so glad we did! It was so romantic, and we came back feeling so rested and relaxed!

As other reviewers have noted, the connecting corridors between rooms are outside. There's a bonus to this - on the ninth floor, we had a fantastic view of the sunset over the Indian River to the west, as well as the unforgettable view of the sunrise over the ocean to the east.

Also, as other reviewers have noted, the sink does make an odd gurgling knocking noise after you've run water through it. We closed the pocket door between the bathroom and the bedroom, and opened the balcony door, and were lulled all night by the sound of the ocean. Completely drowned out any noise the sink might have been making.

The room was very clean, and I loved the colors it was decorated in! Very warm and bright, but not overwhelming. The bed was extremely comfortable, and I liked the combination of soft and firm pillows provided. The shower was nice and hot, with good water pressure, and the toiletries provided smelled wonderful (honey coriander). Nice large fluffy bath towels. I was impressed with small details in the room design - like how the small mirror next to the balcony gave us an expanded view of the ocean from the bed. Lovely!

All the staff were helpful and very nice. The only issue was our dinner meal at the Atlantic Jack's Grill restaurant. There was no host to seat us when we walked in, and it was practically empty - for a little while there I wasn't entirely sure they were open. Someone did finally seat us. Service was extremely slow and inattentive. However, the food when we finally got it was *fantastic,* complements to the cook.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to get a top floor room - I recommend this, if you don't have a problem wit...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the positive review you gave our property and our staff. I will be sure to share your comments with our Food & Beverage Director and apologize for the wait in the restaurant. We're thrilled that you had a great time in Melbourne and look forward to your return.