“AAU Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Washington
“AAU Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel was very accommodating for teams (cost and breakfast included)/ Distance to games were 20-40 minutes was my only issue. That is nothing against the hotel. Maybe AAU should have more games in Melbourne schools. Basketball courts were very useful esp for team practice before playing a game. Pool size good size. Not over crowded.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Donna,

It was so nice having our AAU teams and their families/coaches in-house during the tournament! Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We would LOVE for AAU to utilize more of the Melbourne venues closer to our hotel, so please let us know what we can possibly do to lobby with you toward that goal. I hope we have the chance to host a future stay for you, and I personally remain at your service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Bella Vista, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Nice hotel. The staff is really pleasant and helpful. The rooms are nice and very quiet. The only issue we had was no refrigerator in the room (but you can pay a $15 one time fee and they will bring you an old, wobbly one to use during your stay, it also comes with a microwave).

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Richard,

Thank you for reviewing the hotel and for the kind words you posted about our staff. I was sorry to hear the refrigerator and microwave availability was an issue. We are scheduled to have a full renovation next year and hope to have these appliances in every room. As a business class hotel, we don't get as many requests for these amenities as you might expect. However, if you would like to be upgraded to our executive floors (7 or 8) and have new refrigerators, microwaves, complimentary breakfast in our executive lounge as well as complimentary appetizers and cocktails in the evening, the additional fee to upgrade is often no more than the rental for the fridge/microwave combo you received. Let me know when you're coming to town next time, and I will do my best to have you upgraded. Thanks again for your review and have a great day!
Tampa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Beware of 2nd floor corner "suites". Stayed in room 247, supposedly a junior suite with balcony view. This really means the sofa bed folds out and buts up to the main queen bed while the balcony view is a small balcony with patio chairs wedged completely between the room, the stairwell and the 2-foot deep parapet first floor roof!! Guess we were lucky since the rooftop we were looking at did have standing rainwater, giving the appearance of a pond. Sad.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Timothy,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I do apologize that you did not feel the suite you were provided was up to your standards. Admittedly, when we approach a sold-out situation, there are a few rooms that do not provide the best view. The one you stayed in was one of them, although the layout typically doesn't offend. Please let me know the next time you plan to return tot he area, and I will do my very best to have a room assigned to you that might better suit your needs. Thanks again, and have an excellent day!
Melbourne, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel provides excellent service and accommodations! The room and common areas are very well maintained and the price was great compared to the oceanfront hotels in the area. The breakfast service and choices on the buffet, included in the package we chose, was outstanding! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Steve,

WOW! What an incredibly nice review of our hotel! I am so grateful that you took the time to recognize our team and say such kind things about them. They all read these reviews and truly measure their success by the words in the reviews from our guests. You made us all very proud! If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better, I sincerely hope you'll let us know. We look forward to having you back!
Cumming, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I thought I booked the family stay package with breakfast and internet. I am not sure if I did something wrong, or something went wrong in the system. Either way, I feel it was not that relevant when I brought it up to the staff. I was under the assumption breakfast was included with this package. The front desk clerk said it was not on my reservation. I said I booked it with the family stay. She said I did not. She asked to see the reservation. I went to my room to retrieve and it did not mention family stay package. Be that as it may, I said that is what I thought / attempted to book. After a few tense minutes she begrudgingly gave me tickets for that day. I had a two day reservation, and the impression she gave, was your lucky your getting this, do not expect any thing for tomorrow. So I did not, check out unsatisfied and went to breakfast somewhere else. I usually stay at other hotel chains, but from time to time stay at Hilton. I will say now, instead of having a good deal, and good experience over the weekend, I felt cheated and thought I was being treated like a criminal, trying to procure the deal that I thought I purchased.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Paul,

When you're right, you're right. We dropped the ball here, and for that I am truly sorry. It's obvious that you fully EXPECTED the breakfast was included in your rate, because you recalled booking that package. We all make mistakes, and I have no doubt that you were being perfectly honest when explaining your situation to our team. In business, we make a lot of "on the spot" calls to attempt to be profitable. Our breakfast is not a complimentary offering, and we consider it a tremendously valuable revenue stream. Our staff is trained to make sure our guests receive exactly what they booked at the time of reservation and accommodate additional requests as they come. Our delivery of great service and a flawless guest experience is THE MOST IMPORTANT aspect of what we do here, and I believe we missed an opportunity to make a life-long and loyal guest of you. We should have given you the breakfast coupons in a good-faith attempt to rectify what I'm sure was an embarrassing and inconvenient oversight for you at the time. Your positive impression of the hotel and potential repeat business as a valued and respected guest was worth so much more than the few dollars we would have made adhering to a policy. I hope you'll forgive what I'm sure you recognize as a purely logical response to your inquiry at the time and give us a chance to make a personal connection with you in the future. Contact me the next time you plan to be in town and allow me to show you what kind of hospitality organization we REALLY are. I sincerely apologize that we missed our first opportunity to be great in your eyes.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I thought this was a below average hotel for a Hilton. The service was great and it's a stones throw from the airport but other than that I don't have anything positive to say. Being a Hilton I expected so much more from the room. I felt like the Comfort Inn I stayed in while in Nashville was much better. And that was the first time in a loooooooooong time that I stayed in a 3 star or less hotel. If you find a better deal go elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear NTC214,

I want to tell you how grateful I am that you took the time to write a review of the hotel. While it saddens me that you found the property falling short of your expectations, I appreciate the kind words you had to share about our service. I'm intrigued to know more about your stay, as it will help us to improve our offerings for you and our future guests. If you'd be so kind as to contact me and let me know more about your experience, I'd be in your debt. The hotel is the highest-rated full-service Hilton product in the region, averaging in the top 12% of all Hilton Hotels in the Americas (that's 281 hotels). Our typical guest has positive things to say about their room and our public areas, so I would be grateful for the chance to evaluate and improve the room you stayed in. We are in the process of planning a full renovation in 2015, so that will also help bring some of the more obviously aging areas of the property above and beyond the expectation of the most seasoned traveler. Please return to the property when you can and allow us to make a better second impression. Until that time, I thank you again and remain at your service.
San Antonio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Close to the airport, beaches, and downtown activities. Jr. Suite, pool and outside lounging area made this a great stay for us. Weather was great in the morning and early afternoon and rained in the late afternoon, we were able to sprawl out in the suite and other hotel areas during the rain.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Robert,

Thank you for staying with us when in town from San Antonio! First of all, GO SPURS GO! It had to be said...

I was glad to hear that the hotel was a perfect refuge from Florida's rainy season. Hopefully the weather will cooperate more upon your next visit. Please keep us in mind when you come back!

Been to Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place? Share your experiences!