“Always Meets my Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfasts for Two!
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Putnam, New York
“Always Meets my Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past couple of years and it occurs to me that I have been remiss in writing a review. The one thing about this hotel: consistency. The staff is excellent, the buidling is clean and well maintained. There are ample restaurants in the area and the staff will give you some recommendations. Seeing as I only go here on business, I cannot speak to any of the recreational activities but judging from some of the families I have seen, they seem to be more than adequate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We booked reservations for two nights. I had requested executive accessible room as my husband is in a wheelchair. We checked in and were told that particular room was not available. We settled for another room on a different level. The room seemed okay and we ordered room service a few times and that was fine. We got ready to shower this a.m. and I literally had to hold my handicapped husband up while he showered. The shower seat was not only broken but had a huge screw hanging out of the corner, one of the bars was loose and the clamp that holds the shower head was broken. Also, the sink was so tiny you couldn't even find room for a toothbrush and toothpaste. I quietly mentioned all this to the front desk as we were heading out for the day and they indicated they'd make their engineer aware. When we returned, we were going to order from room service. Noone answered on several attempts. I called the front desk, they said they'd look into it and call me back. The young man called back (that's when I noticed the bedside phone wasn't working), told me to call the kitchen and someone would now answer. Well, they didn't after a few tries. That was about all we could take. I did talk with the manager. He didn't charge us for one night which seemed fair. We cut our trip short and returned home quite disappointed.

Room Tip: OMG...handicapped rooms are limited I know. However, do your best to not take one near any elevator...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
hiltonrialto, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.
We value every guests feedback to help us to continue to grow and be the hotel of choice for visitors to the Melbourne area.
The problems you had with the accessible shower was definately not up to our standards. We do routine maintenance on all of our guest rooms throughout the year to prevent and correct any potential problems.
The sink in the bathroom is designed for guests in a wheelchair or mobility device to access and use the sink without any assistance.
I can assure you that your stay was not a typical stay and our management staff has taken all of your comments to heart and is using them as a teaching tool with our staff as a part of our on going training.
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Love this hotel; amazing staff, clean rooms, great location, fair price. What more could you ask for. We have enjoyed staying here, and recommending family and friends do the same! Lots of places to shop and dine nearby too.

Room Tip: any one facing the ocean!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed for two nights over Thanksgiving weekend. Many parts of the visit were definitely up to Hilton standards, but a few items were not.

The pros....Tony at the front desk! Very nice, friendly, helpful..always greeted us with a smile and a hello as we were passing through the lobby. The restaurant was very good, and the prices were not bad considering you were in a hotel. We asked for extra towels, because when travelling with teenage girls, you can never have enough of those...and a literal mountain of towels was delivered. The complimentary shampoo, conditioner, and lotion is of very high quality also. And the water pressure was fantastic, with an adjustable shower head.

The cons...beds were not what you usually get at a Hilton. Perhaps they are just due for replacing soon. A little on the firm side, and two adults in a double bed can be quite crowded. The A/C in our room seemed to struggle. We had the thermostat down as far as 68 (when it was chilly outside), and the room was still warm. It ran constantly trying to keep the room comfortable. I also noticed some of the hallways had a little bit of a musty smell, but know that many large hotels struggle with that in the Florida humidity.

All in all, there was nothing that would prevent me from staying here again..and I probably will. With a little fine tuning here and there, this could be a fabulous hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Oranmore, Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

spent three nights here around thaksgiving, wonderful hotel, Cheryl and Kimberley are wonderful bar staff, from the moment we arrived we enjoyed the whole experience, the courtesy bus from the hotel was so handy as we were not driving, they would go anywhere you wanted. food was fantastic, in the month travelling around america this is the hotel to stay in, the staff make it!!!!
Well done management team, you have an exceptional team working here, and i forgot pat in the restaurant!!! and John Byrne!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were visiting Florida Tech and this hotel is in an excellent location for us – close to the airport and the campus. The lobby, restaurant, and business facilities are excellent and what one expect from a Hilton. The rooms are very standard and not really anything special. I was surprised to not have a microwave or mini-fridge as the two double bed room could easily fit these amenities. My initial interactions with hotel staff was a little disappointing. We checked in at 1:30 PM on Friday afternoon and knowing this was before the standard 3 PM check in time thought it worth asking since the parking lot was rather empty. There was no other customer at the desk but the clerk seemed reluctant to check if any rooms were available and told me she would have to check with the cleaning staff. She proceeded to do so, took about 15 seconds, but it seemed as though this was an inconvenience. After paperwork completed I was handed my room card and she pointed me to the elevators with no explanation of the facilities or other amenities or other standard welcome to our hotel statements. Overall just felt as though I was a bother to her. All other interactions with the staff were excellent. One other negative was with the cleaning staff. Returned to our room at 4:30 PM to find room still not cleaned. Although it was cleaned while we were at dinner, the bathroom soaps were not replaced nor were the drink glasses. Not major items that required fixing but just not up to the standards expected.
This is a nice hotel and I believe the problems encountered were out of the ordinary since as a long time Hilton Honors member it was among the very few times I have experienced any issues at their properties.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Conway, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I am staying at the Hilton right now and I would like to compliment the desk staff, the driver Johnny, and the nice lady at the bar. Food was good, drinks were good, and Johnny even took us to the mall for shopping. The rooms are nice, the bed so comfortable, nice toiletries and lavazza single serve coffee makers in the room. Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place? Share your experiences!