“Average accommodation, terrible service” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Enjoy Breakfast for 4!
Ranked #3 of 21 hotels in Melbourne
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Average accommodation, terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

As a Hilton Diamond member, I am familiar with Hilton's policies in general. While the hotel room was just average, the concierge lounge is a joke. Very limited food items, and during my stay the lounge was not attended as would normally expected. The hotel didn't follow early checkout procedures properly, and calls that were promised never came. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Harrisburg, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

I recently stayed at the Hilton Rialto from Friday, July 1 to Wednesday, July 6th. My first impression of the hotel was that it was very modern and clean. It is centrally located with easy access to shopping, the causeway leading to the beaches, and Melbourne Airport (don't worry you can't hear planes at all). The Executive double room was clean but smaller than I expected and had a refrigerator and microwave. The cable television station selections were very limited (if that matters to you), but the mattress and pillows were amazingly comfortable!!!

Since I was traveling with my elderly mother I also noted they had only 2 handicapped parking spots in the front of the building. They did have more HP spaces near the ballroom entrance but these would require as much walking as if she had parked in a regular space. I suggest they convert the other 2 spaces in front of the building that are currently being reserved for Hotel Vehicles to HP spaces.

Another negative during our stay was that the concierge suite was only open 1 morning out of the 5 mornings we were there (all signs identifying the suite hours said they were open in the AM on weekdays). Even though I paid for a room on the concierge floor, I was never informed that it would NOT be open on Monday or Tuesday morning. The polite and common sense thing for management to do would be to notify guests upon check-in if the closures were planned or leave phone messages for guests on these floors (if unplanned) and provide a suitable option.

At 5am on July 4th a false alarm sounded and we were forced to leave the building via the stairs. My elderly mother had to walk down 8 flights of stairs. In this case, management placed an apology letter under everyone's door that afternoon (wish they would have apologized for not having the concierge suite open too).

Finally, the pool and hot tub are clean and warm, however they are NOT adjacent to the building. They are located a short walk from the front entrance, across the parking lot. Not a big deal except there are no bathrooms outside.

I would stay there again all things considered. The people were very nice, the place was clean, it had a restaurant and bar, and it was where I needed to be.

Room Tip: If your plans are firm you can save a lot of $$ by prepaying for your room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Warner Robins, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

This hotel was clean. Overall we had a good stay. Although, the rooms were extremely humid. So humid that your clothes in your suitcase felt damp. I am from Louisiana therefore I am well aware of humidity. I'm not sure what the reason was. I would stay there again. Great price, good location. Close to the beach, and shopping! Also FREE PARKING and FREE WIFI in the rooms :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed at this Hilton before and after our flight out of the Melbourne airport. (By the way, the flight prices from Melbourne were nearly 1/2 of what they would have been out of Orlando). The hotel is located close to the airport, but not so close that we were bothered by noise from the planes. We were able to park at the hotel rather than the airport, and take the free shuttle back and forth. It was very convenient, and helped us to save some money.

The service was great, and we felt very welcomed and appreciated by the front desk staff, bartender and the shuttle drivers. We had a standard room with two doubles the first stay, and upgraded to a two double jr suite on the second stay. Both were nice - but for the minimal extra cost, the jr suite was wonderful with a balcony, fridge, microwave, living room with a large flat panel TV. We also liked the lobby lounge/bar area. It was very comfy and inviting with nice ambient noise from fountains.

You do have to drive to get to stores and most restaurants, but not very far. The hotel shuttle will even take you to some of them. We went to a neat historic downtown arts area, a nearby mall and several other stores. All were less than 3 miles from the hotel.

I recommend this hotel, as well as the surrounding area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

It was clean, it had helpful staff, but it was just blah..... maybe too much of a throw back to the 1980s.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

We stayed at the Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place after a cruise that was out of Port Canaveral. We wanted a good spot to wind down post cruise and enjoy a local beach. This was the perfect location for us. It was near a natural foods store that had a vegan friendly cafe (great for us). It wasn't far from downtown Melbourne which we enjoyed as well as the beach which was a few minutes away from the hotel. Great place to stay if you have a rental car and like to stay in local towns- we like to save money and relax by going away from tourist areas. We even went to pee wee football games. We met friendly locals. This isn't a tourist spot and restaurants and things close pretty early. It's more like a laid back middle class town with a beach. Not extremely close to MCO (there are some other local airports closer to this hotel), but again great to be able to visit the beach and not a problem with a rental car. This hotel had great service and friendly staff even though the building is a little older and the rooms are traditional. It has a much nicer fitness center than many hotels I've visited.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

This is simply one of the best Hilton properties I have stayed at in memory.

Everything was perfect.

I was a walk-in without reservation, but was treated like a long time, frequent guest. The rate was better than I expected. When I needed to extend another night, it was done flawlessly. The service was superb, from the bellman, Bob to the front desk staff, to the excellent restaurant. Check in and check out was instant. No lines.

Parking was plentiful and free.

In room internet access was fast and worked fine.

Comfortable bed and bedding. Maid service was timely and room cleaned.

Free coffee maker in the room.

Good work area in the room. Bath was fine, although I had a handicapped room (requested).

Lobby was open and friendly, with free beverages set out during the day (ice water or orange juice), coffee in the morning.

All staff were helpful, friendly, attentive.

The restaurant deserves a special mention because although my client and I were the only ones dining at a later hour, the service and food were well above anything I have come to expect in hotel restaurants. I have cooked professionally and know when the kitchen is doing well beyond what it has to.

Prices were reasonable, but given the dinner we had, well worth it at any price. We had breakfast and the buffet was as good as could be with a full range of offerings, from fresh fruit to make it yourself waffles.

A luncheon meeting was a bit of a test because they had a full house with a bridge group, but Dee, the hostess, arranged a booth out of the way and we had a useful and quiet lunch meeting.

Re: some other comments on this site: The hotel is not in the middle of things, but its two minutes from the airport and close enough to a shopping center so I could walk to it for groceries. If you want beach access, chose a different hotel and there are plenty on the island.

I will use this hotel again, even though I am not a frequent guest of Hilton.

Room Tip: This is truely a good business hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place? Share your experiences!