“Excellent Hotel but one front desk employee needs customer service training.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center

You added Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8298 North Wickham Road, Melbourne, FL 32940 (Formerly Imperial's Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Luray, VA.
“Excellent Hotel but one front desk employee needs customer service training.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This Hotel facility is excellent. We went there for 5 nights recently while visiting my brother for my birthday and escaping the cold in Virginia. The hotel is well maintained, the rooms are clean and the restaurant is excellent.

We only had one issue with one employee but fortunately another employee named Mrs. Manning who turned out to be the Housekeeping Manager jumped in and helped us with the problem we were having.

I see reviews that the rooms and furniture were not clean. I didn't find that to be the case at all. We stayed in 2 different rooms which were both very clean along with the furniture. The hotel appears to be well maintained and clean and housekeeping did a wonderful job.

I would recommend this hotel with exception of the one employee whose name I don't know and wouldn't say even if I did know. But a huge thank you goes out to Mrs. Manning for her help. She went out of her way to help us during our stay.

Room Tip: If WIFI is important to you, We had an issue with WIFI in a room on the third floor on the left si...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnViera, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for the kind words about the hotel. We are dedicated to providing a great guest experience and your feedback is very much appreciated. We have already taken actions to address the two challenges you had during your stay. We have our technicians checking out the Wi-Fi issue to make sure that is resolved and probably more importantly, we have addressed the employee with whom you had an issue and are working to make sure that all our staff is focused on providing the best guest experience possible. I will make sure to pass along your comments to our housekeeping staff; I know they appreciate getting recognized for the hard work they do. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kokomo, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We checked out on the Xmas day the hotel itself was okay, what really upsets me is what happened next. As soon as I got home I found that I left my Iphone charger in the room so I called back, a guy called Joe or Paul answered my phone and found the charger, he promised he would send it back. ( I thought to myself what a nice hotel!) However 10 days passed, nothing showed up
so I called back, this time a lady picked up the phone, I explained the situation and she said she will look into the case and call me back. The next day I called back, another lady said pretty much the same thing and she told me if I want my charger back I have to pay the postage, which is fine with me as long as I can have it. Two days later, I made another call, a guy called Anthony said he had passed this info to Joe/Paul, and Joe/Paul will give me a cal back himself.
Alright alright, 3 days later, I called back cuz nobody EVER EVER called, well it was Joe/Paul, he told me that he gave the charger to one of the girls and don't know where it's at. What I understand is that basically the staff took my iphone charger and don't want to give it back. Does this happen to other people too? I got really upset and want to talk to the manager, guess what I called 4 times and and left a voice mail and still nobody ever respond. Because of this experience , none of my family member will ever stay at any Holiday Inn. These people are so irresponsible. Fine, an Iphone charger, no biggie, only 40 bucks, but it shows a lot of what is going on there. Really really disappointed.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear jjwwyoyo,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Staff was friendly, but the physical condition of FURNITURE in room and common areas was dirty, broken or torn. Breakfast was very good and very affordable ($2.99 ENTREE). I do not recommend unless your stuck in Viera.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear bthomaspe,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted you found our staff friendly and that you were satisfied with the breakfast you had. My apologies for the disappointment you had with your room accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Melbourne you will give our hotel another try.

Karen C
Melbourne, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband, myself and our 18 month old daughter just stayed at this hotel two nights ago. The man at the front desk, Paul, is an absolute delight. He gave us pointers on where to eat, and where not to eat. He suggested we sign up for the (free) rewards system so that we could do a super late check out (2pm!) and he even helped us with checking in early. There is always a person standing at the front desk.

I was originally wary about this hotel as I've read the reviews saying that the rooms are dirty but ours was pristine. If it hadn't been for some reason, I'm sure that guest services would have either cleaned up on the spot or switched us to a different room. There didn't seem to be many guests as the lobby was always empty and the parking lot wasn't anywhere near capacity. This hotel is right off of I-95, behind Chick-Fil-A and McDonald's so it was incredibly easy to access. The parking lot is very well lit (we have to walk our daughter to sleep outside and so that was helpful) and the pool is quite large for the hotel size. The elevators don't jolt you and they move quite quickly. The vending machines are reasonably priced and their local coupon and deals selection is quite extensive.

My only complaint is that this is rated as a 3 star hotel on many travel websites, however you do not get the common bonuses of such a rating. The rooms do not have a microwave or mini-fridge and there is no free breakfast. The Comfort Suites in Palm Bay is a 2.5 and has these (around $95/night-sign up for their rewards program and they also do 2pm late check out) with even better rooms.

In the end I can't complain because I got the room for $50 with taxes through Hotwire's "Hot Rate". Would I pay full price for this? Never. I have to pay for my own breakfast, which like I said, the Comfort Suites down I-95 gives for free with even more perks.

The restaurant was standard fare. A glass of OJ will run you $2, so no thank you. You can find a better selection, better service and better prices at the Denny's down the road. They even serve wine and beer within certain hours. We had bad service at the McDonald's but amazing service at Chick Fil A. The Walmart down the road is close by for late night runs and the Brevard Zoo is right down the road.

Also relevant, the beds are amazingly comfortable and soft, but the pillows are short and too firm. Even the "soft" pillows.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I typically dont complain; but this hotel was very dirty. The floors had not been cleaned in our room and throughout the hotel. Usually a Holiday Inn is not too bad; thats why we choose to stay here and what a disappointment.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear chicki808,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Katie J
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Overall this hotel was good. We really only slept here and didn't really use their pool. We did have a few drinks downstairs and three bar tender was awesome!! I only marked the location as a 2 because it was so far from the beach and from where everyone else was staying.

• Stayed October 2012
Gottingen, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Older hotel, missing the amenities of an 2,5* hotel e.g. fridge, microwave an complimentary breakfast. The rooms are spacious but old fashioned and smelly. The staff at front desk was very friendly and courteous. The outdoor pool is large and clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center? Share your experiences!