“Immaculate Room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Belmar, New Jersey
“Immaculate Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay at a Residence Inn. We were very pleased would definitely return if we are in the area. The woman at the front desk greeted us warmly and offered good information so that we could make a wise restaurant choice for dinner.
We were very pleasantly surprised at how spacious and immaculate our room was! The bed was extremely comfortable.
The breakfast was adequate. Overall, we felt as if this place offered a great value.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JimRidenour, General Manager at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your compliment regarding our cleanliness. We hope to see you back again real soon........

Jim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We chose this hotel because of it's central location and recent reviews on TripAdvisor. I'll divide this review into two parts, one positive and one negative.

POSITIVE:
Lovely decor and amenities. Granite counters, contemporary colors and Paul Mitchell bath products.
Well appointed kitchen, full size refrigerator, full sized microwave, dishwasher and even a garage disposal.
Very clean and well stocked, coffee, assorted teas, popcorn and even candy in a jar.
An assortment of newspapers provided in lobby, but get there early, they go fast.

NEGATIVE:
A wireless keyboard is provided but getting into the WIFI is impossible. I tired every day and night for 4 days without success. Tried with both my laptop and IPad, with no success. The only page that would load, once connected, was the Marriott homepage! I asked the front desk the first night and was told they had someone coming to work on it. By 10:00pm, same answer. Next day, same answer, but was told I could use the ONE public computer in the lobby and amazingly, it does have WIFI. Very frustrating, especially if you are there for business. This is an ongoing problem, check other reviews.
Firm (hard) beds. Okay if you like firm, but I don't.
Lots of noise from the very busy road this hotel is located on.
Hospital is close-by and ambulances, police & emergency vehicles scream by all night long.
Breakfast is provided and is adequate, but nothing special. Scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, sausage patties in the hot food area. Bananas, oranges and mushy looking fruit. Milk tasted sour, although it was not out of date. No yougert, the waffle machine broke, and a very slow toaster with a few choices of breads. Mini apple muffins and a mixed chocolate muffin, same everyday. Generic coffee and one choice of flavored creamer(vanilla) or half and half creamer.

All in all it was an okay stay, but not the quality I would expect of Marriott. I've had better food and much more comfortable beds at Holiday Inn. Too bad, because the rooms are very small, but very nice and housekeeping does an exceptional job.

Room Tip: Take a room away from the road.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Date of Stay: Sunday, 1/13/13 - Wednesday, 1/16/13
Length of Stay: 3 Nights

In a nutshell, this is a great property in a very convenient location, offering wonderful amenities and absolutely amazing staff -- this is definitely the place to stay when in Melbourne!

Now, for my detailed review:

I traveled to Melbourne to teach a class to local law enforcement at Brevard Community College; I was trying to find a hotel close to BCC, and when I found this property, I could not resist trying it out. I have never stayed at a Residence Inn before, but this property sounded perfect for a business trip alone, so I decided to give it a shot. I definitely have to say, I was most impressed and the Residence Inn Melbourne did not disappoint in any way.

First, I feel that I need to comment on some of the complaints listed in prior reviews of this property which do not seem accurate in any way shape or form so that people can know what a wonderful property that this is.

Several users have commented on the High-Speed Internet Access and/or WiFi. I urge you to disregard any such comments as they are most definitely not accurate. Being a business traveler, I rely heavily on in-room High-Speed Internet Access, so these comments had me a little concerned. However, upon arrival, I found that none of the comments related to the High-Speed Internet Access were accurate. As soon as I arrived, I set up my laptop on the nice sized computer desk, and I plugged it into the Wired High-Speed Internet Access port provided at the desk. I was very pleasantly surprised to find it very easy to configure access to a high-speed Internet connection via the iBahn system. Thinking that maybe it was the fact that I had accessed the system via the Wired High-Speed Internet Access port, I disconnected the cable and connected to the iBahn system via WiFi. Again, I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the connection was very fast for a hotel WiFi service. I found the system -- both Wired and WiFi -- to provide a very efficient and high-speed connection, perfectly suitable to completing work via the Internet. In sum, please disregard any poor comments regarding the High-Speed Internet Access at this property, as you will find it to be more than adequate.

Additionally, I have also seen some comments regarding the size of the bathrooms at this property. I can assure you, such comments are also unwarranted. I have traveled to many hotels all over the country, and the bathrooms at this property are more than adequate in size. I found there to be plenty of room to maneuver in the bathroom, with ample towels and excellent Paul Mitchell bath amenities. For further proof of the adequacy of the bathrooms at this property, see the photos attached to this review.

Now that all of that has been cleared up, time for my detailed review:

As I was traveling alone, I booked a Studio, which proved to be more than adequate for my needs. As soon as you walk into the room, you see a nice sized computer desk equipped with ample electrical outlets. To the left and just behind the computer desk, you will find a full kitchen, equipped with a full refrigerator/freezer, cook-top, microwave, and dishwasher. The appliances are rather high-quality GE appliances for a hotel, and I was most impressed. They allowed for me to easily prep my dinners and snacks in the room. The kitchen also features granite counter-tops and is fully stocked with glass wear and utensils. Directly to the left of the computer desk, you will find a dining table, equipped with place-mats, coffee and cloth napkins. Immediately in front of the computer desk you will find a very comfortable sofa sleeper, chair and ottoman. Next to the chair and ottoman is a very nice LG HD-television, offering all major channels, including HBO. The television is situated on a very nice swivel unit, allowing it to be viewed from all part of the Studio. Continuing into the Studio to the left of the television, one will find the bedroom. The bedroom is equipped with an extremely comfortable King bed, equipped with a multitude of different pillows. Unlike many hotels, one will find ample electrical outlets on either side of the bed to plug in any electrical appliances. Past the bed, one will find a normal sized closet, complete with iron and ironing board, as well as a large granite vanity with sink. Past the vanity, one will find a decent sized bathroom, equipped with a toilet and shower, as well as ample towels and Paul Mitchell bath amenities. I was also very happy to discover that unlike many properties, the shower offered excellent water pressure. All-in-all, a very excellent Studio Suite for the business traveler.

In addition to the room, this property offers excellent food choices. Each morning, a free hot buffet breakfast is offered. This breakfast proved to be very high quality, offering flavorful selections including eggs, sausage, breakfast potatoes, potato pancakes, and numerous other options. Then, during the day, one is able to select from a wide variety of food products from "The Market," located in the Main Lobby. And, should one not find what they want in "The Market," there is an excellent Publix located directly across the street. This property also offers a grocery service; should you not have time to go to Publix yourself, simply leave your shopping list at the Front Desk and the staff will do your shopping for you, placing the items in your room and billing those groceries to your room account. Additionally, this property has excellent social offerings, including an Italian Night, BBQ and Manager's Toast I found Italian Night to be amazing -- featuring excellent meatball sliders, salad, beer and wine. All-in-all, this property has excellent food and social offerings.

In conclusion, the Residence Inn Melbourne is a truly great property, offering wonderful amenities and truly pleasant and friendly staff. This is the perfect place to stay when in Melbourne and I highly recommend the Residence Inn Melbourne the next time that your travel brings you to Melbourne.

Room Tip: For the best view, ask for a high floor room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JimRidenour, General Manager at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Mr. Petty,

We thank you so much for a very thorough review and for all your kind words. I am blessed with a Team second to none and I will share this with them at our Monthly Celebration next week.

Wishing you safe travels in the future and look for your return to the Space Coast and our Hotel soon.

Best Regards,

Jim
Seaside, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was a pleasant hotel, with very friendly and gracious late night staff --- which I find rare. The evening crews I've encountered are a bit on the gruff side and would rather not be bothered with late check-ins interfering with their night auditing process. This was the exception! A young lady was charming and helpful, followed up a little later by another woman who was equally kind and accommodating.

The room was lovely and clean, clean, clean! The kitchen had every possible amenity and it was quiet and peaceful. We reserved a one bedroom with a sofa sleeper in the living area and were given what seemed to be a studio, but it was so late, we were too exhausted to mention it to the front desk. It would have been nice to have the additional space we were expecting, but it was our decision not to push that any further. As for sleep quality, I've noticed lately that Marriott properties have the "soft" pillows that I can't sleep on . . . I haven't even bothered to check, but does anyone know if you can request the firm pillows at a Residence Inn/Spring Hill Suites?

Breakfast was nice; more "flavorful" than the usual Residence Inn breakfast buffet offering. The potatoes were our favorite! It was busy down there, but we still were able to find a place for all four of us to sit and enjoy the morning.

This property comes up when one types in accommodations close to the Kennedy Space Center. It was actually further than we thought it was going to be, at least an hour without traffic. Oh well, so we got to the center 45 minutes later than we expected. No big deal, really, when the room was so lovely and the service was so great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was surprised to read a review that said it was nicely decorated but that's all they liked, but don't stay here. I have stayed here twice, and must admit, that the first time I booked I was reluctant due to it being an "extended stay"' place. However, it is perfect. The rooms are decorated beautifully. The kitchen is perfect with full size refrigerator, granite countertops, nice sink, small stove (that I never used), and decorated nicely. There is a huge t.v. that will swivel to wherever you are in the room. Everything was perfectly clean, beds are very comfortable, and the staff is so friendly. I will always stay here when visiting Melbourne.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
JimRidenour, General Manager at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thanks for your kind remarks and for clarifing one of our previous reviews. We appreciate you choosing us for your Space Coast visit.
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Well located hotel that has a very accommodating and helpful staff. Rooms are large and have all the conveniences. Typical Marriott quality and cleanliness. Happy hour and breakfast are top notch. Parking and location convenience is great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JimRidenour, General Manager at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thanks for your kind remarks and we appreciate you choosing us for your Space Coast visit; hope to see you back soon.

Jim Ridenour
GM
Papillion, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I needed a place to stay at the last minute and spent four nights at this hotel. I was impressed by the staff's courtesy and service orientation. They were pleasant and helpful at every turn from the moment I entered, even the maintenance staff. The room was comfortable and well maintained and had everything I needed for my stay. Great facility and even better service. I would stay there again and recommend it without reservation.

Room Tip: Suites are fully equipped for extended stay. Refrigerator, microwave, china, silverware, coffee make...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
JimRidenour, General Manager at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks for your kind remarks and we hope to see you back soon.

Jim L. Ridenour

Been to Residence Inn Melbourne? Share your experiences!