“Beachfront with beautiful sunrise view.” 5 of 5 stars

Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3003 North Highway A1A, Melbourne, FL 32903   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 4 and WiFi!
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“Beachfront with beautiful sunrise view.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

I booked this hotel through Hotwire. The room I received was beyond expectations. I had a direct ocean view on the 5th floor. The room was large with a king bed and pullout sofa. Good size working desk and comfortable chair. Slider opened to a small balcony with the Atlantic directly in front of me. I left the slider open at night and was able to watch the sunrise every morning. The hotel was very clean and quiet. Pitchers of water with sliced citrus is always available in the lobby. I have stayed in the adjacent hotels in the past and have to say the Hilton is now my favorite of the 4 on the ocean. The staff is great and very helpful. There is plenty of parking with some garage spaces.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
atlanta,ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

This hotel is right on the beach with a heated pool and hot tub. Outdoor bar with heaters,too. Beach and water were beautiful. Great for walking and searching for shells.We had food amd drinks at the bar and the drinks were strong and the food was excellent. Oceanview with full balcony. Make sure you get in the tower to the right of the hotel. The staff was welcoming to our dog. We paid $35.00 for her to stay with us. Dogs are not officially allowed on the beach but everyone had a dog on the beach and nothing was said to us.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Markhotel, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Dear missmetroatlanta,

I want to first thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here at the Hilton Melbourne Beach. As you so appropriately put it, we are Dog Friendly!! As many travlers do take their pets along the way, we are a great location just for that. Although, as you stated, dogs are not allowed on the beach here by the hotel, there are a few areas just north and south of the hotel that do allow dogs on the beach. Be sure to check those areas out the next time you stay with us!!

Again, thank you very much, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time in Melbourne!!
Gothenburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

i had one night on this beutiful hotell..

It's very close to the beach, you can se the sunrise from the balcony...
Close to Kennedy Space Center...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

Despite the cool weather after Christmas the stay was great for walks on the beach and beautiful views. The Fitness room was accomodating for our workout needs and the staff was very nice!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
GypsyinGypsum
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

I'm a HIlton Diamond, so I got an upgrade to a great ocean view room. It was fabulous. There are some things that are dated, but the hotel overall is in good shape. The people at the front were really friendly. The breakfast was good, but the coffee was bad. We only stayed one night but it was very nice!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

This was our first stop on our Florida road trip and we only stayed one night before heading off to Kennedy Space Center. The children loved the beach and pool and enjoyed looking for shells. Our plan had been to go out to dinner but we were having so much fun at the hotel we ended up staying by the pool. Room was nice and the view was beautiful. We had opted to pay $25 for an upgrade to a suite if one was available on check in and it was well worth the upgrade for the extra room. The bellman was really friendly and very helpful as were the front desk staff. If we were ever driving by again we would stay again but I can't imagine spending more than a couple of nights there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

After 8 some odd hours of traveling I was looking forward to relaxing in my online reserved king bed non smoking room. I even let them know online that I would be arriving late in the evening to allow for easy check in. Upon arrival around midnight I talked to the lady at the front desk and she tells me all they have available is two double beds. The very tired me was irrated but took it dispite knowing it would not fit my wife and I in one bed. I couldn't believe that they gave my room away. I was told I could take it or walk to the Double Tree to check for a room there. PS the Double Tree is almost 1 mile away and I was suggested to "walk" there. So we went up to the room and settled in as best we could, I was way to irrated to sleep so I proceeded back downstairs to voice my irratation. The lady could not do anything for me, or "would not" do anything for me, so I returned to my room nothing changed (just some steam blown off). The next morning I walked down and talked to Irene at the front desk who told me that they would give me $50 of my first night stay and get me into a king bed room. That was fine with me and I accepted those efforts put forth.

Past that the condition of rm #2202, the porcelain commode top was cracked in half, and had been glued back together. The commode had problems refilling with water and the hand towels were tattered, worn and had large discolorations on them.

This room was FAR below my expectation of what ANY Hilton should be and I will not return.

The next room we were given was nicer, but everytime the toilet flushed on a higher floor the water rushing down the piping could be heard throughout the whole room (loudly).

Both beds in each room lacked comfort. I had a better night sleep at a Comfort Inn later that week.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Dear tgro,

I would like to first apologize for the obviously less than stellar experience you had during your stay here at the Hilton Melbourne Beach,a dn I want to thank you for your response. Only with feedback from our guests can we become better at what we do and provide the best experience possible. It is our goal to provide each guest with an experience that will bring that back and have them recommend us over and over again, we certainly did not meet those expectations in your case. As our room types are guaranteed at time of booking, we have systems in place to ensure we can do just that, but at times, there are circumstances that cause us the inability to meet that expectation. In sold out situations where a guest extends their stay can put us in a very difficult position with arriving guests if we are out of that room type for arriving guests. In most instances, we can find a way to work it out, but in your case we really had no alternative, and I must apologize. As far as the condition of the room, I ahve addressed this with our Chief Engineer to ensure that room is on his immediate list for review to rectify that situation.

Again, thank you for your response. I do hope that you would consider us again as I know you will not run into that situation again.

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!