“Great Stay on the Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Washington, DC
“Great Stay on the Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

Extremely favorable stay. Property is very nice, with good size rooms with a balcony and refrigerator. Property is either new or recently refurbished. Property is right on the beach and also includes an outdoor pool. A well equipped fitness center is also provided. There is a business center, with one computer offering free internet access – I never had to wait even though there was only one computer. There is a bar and restaurant. I had breakfast at the restaurant and it was a standard Hilton buffet – good, but not exceptional. The bar was fun due to the bartender. Even the gift shop was a cut above the standard hotel gift shop as it had a nice area of locally themed items.
The distinguishing quality of this hotel was the staff. All were very friendly, professional and efficient.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Fairfax VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

Nice hotel, helpful staff. (Ex: asked for a bicycle to get some exercise, and while they didn't have one, they knew exactly where to get one - which is better than some pricier hotels I've stayed in recently!) Only complaint is that when I come into the room, the light switch by the door doesn't do anything - and it was hard to find a switch that turned on a light.

Buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant was reasonably good, and price was moderate for a hotel restaurant.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Middletown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

While imperfections are present this hotel and its staff will do whatever they can to make your stay enjoyable. While some problems occurred they were not to extreme and the hotel and its staff made up for it entirely. Our dinner was EXCELLENT even tho i notice some complaints and if u are not a fan of hotel dining then there are plenty of near restaurant/bars to better serve you. Thank you Hilton of Melbourne for making a large chain hotel seem like the service youd expect from a bed & breakfast. Will definitely return. Oh and the view was AMAZING .. best ever. Turn off lights at night and keep the baby turtles from going extinct. If you can complain about that then you should not be given a right to speak about anything.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

My expecatation is ocean front has direct unobstructed views of the ocean. Ocean View typically is on the side of the hotel with partial views of the ocean. This hotel advertised ocean front but has no ocean front rooms only what I was told as ocean front towers. I was assigned room 301 which was the first room next to the elavator and soda machine. The room was a side view (not ocean front) overlooking the roof of the restaurant. If I strained my neck I could make out a little piece of the ocean. When I mentioned to the staff the view was not the ocean front that I had expected I was told I was in the ocean towers building. The web site is misleading when it advertises ocean front when it really means ocean front tower with limited ocean views. The room was outdated and not very clean. I chose not to stay the night and went to a Mariott in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

Boy some people are way to picky!.
Considering the abuse beach hotels get, this one is in great shape.
No complaints!

One suggestion: It would be nice if you put some sort of roof over the pool pump equipment area. You don't need one with sides just a roof. It would quiet the noise of the pumps that ruin the beautiful view/ocean sounds.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

We stayed at this hotel last week. Our itinerary was part Disney, part Space Center, part relaxing on the beach. The hotel is passable and clean although the recent remodel must have been more than a few years ago. An ocean view room is highly recommended, and it was great to wake up to the sun rising over the ocean every morning.
I must also add the desk staff, cleaning crew and bar staff were fantastic!!! They were attentive, friendly and as helpful as could be. I asked for chilled wine and chocolate covered strawberries to be waiting in our room - and it was exactly as requested. Best cleaning crew ever, and this considering one of our two rooms was occupied by teenage boys!
We ate breakfast in the restaurant and it was just OK. Not what one would expect from a Hilton, but I had stayed and eaten at the Anaheim Hilton the week before so maybe my expectations were too high.

Not the newest or nicest hotel on that beach, but definitely worth consideration!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Davie, fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

We stayed at the hotel while attending a soccer tournament sept of 2010. At check in we found the lobby, halls, and public area to be old and not very clean. About half our group said the in room a/c units did not work. The a/c in most hallways did not work. The seafood in the "seafood" restaurant was terrible... In fact all the food was. The hotel seems very run down and not up to the standard of the other hiltons we have stayed at. The pool area is nothing special. Although I have stayed in worse, this is more of what you might expect at a so-so I-95 pull of the road and sleep hotel. The only thing going for it is the location right on the beach.

• Stayed September 2010
Markhotel, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 13, 2010
Dear "Taxfree10",

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at the Hilton Melbourne Beach. I must also apologize for obviously not meeting your expectations. Although we strive for perfection, we are not always perfect. Our goal is to provide the best possible experience for every single guest that stays with us. Based on the comments, you certainly stayed the weekend where we had some significant challenges with our AC/ Cooling system throughout the hotel. We did get the AC issue resolved, but not until late Sunday afternoon which did leave many guests frustrated and upset. I assure you that this is an isolated incident, and as we have had issue in the past, we have made changes and improvements over the last few months so we do not run into these issue again. I have also shared you comments on the cleanliness of the hotel with all of our staff to ensure that we meet everyone's expectations.

Again, I thank you for your comments, and I do hope you do try us again if your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!