“Hot in rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3003 North Highway A1A, Melbourne, FL 32903   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 4 and WiFi!
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Hot in rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

They do not let AC go below 70. Don't appreciate a hotel telling me what temperature is comfortable for me. Most folks love staying in hotels that have a cold and cozy room. Not going to happen here. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Wassanga,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I'm sorry that your room air conditioner did not go below 70 degrees. We are happy to send our maintence personnel up to your room and adjust the temperature on the thermostat. I hope this does not deter you from staying with us the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

It's hotel has a tremendous number of rooms and if you are in a room that isn't in the main building it is a hike to the main lobby. in addition, in the main building there weren't enough elevators (only two) which had to be shared by guests and service workers. Half the space in the elevator would be taken up by carts of cleaning supplies, and you could wait five minutes for an elevator to show up.

the best thing about this hotel is its location right on the beach. If you have good weather, forget the pool and just head to the beach.

Unfortunately, the hotel charged a fee for renting beach chairs and umbrellas. It seemed just silly, considering that we were paying enough for the room and you didn't have to pay for a lounge chair if you sat by the pool. The pool, by the way, was pretty small. Good for kids to play around in but not adequate if you're a lap swimmer.

The food choices at breakfast, which was included in my room rate, were adequate. The service, on the other hand, left a lot to be desired. I ended up getting up and pouring my own coffee most of the time.

Room Tip: Stay here only if you want to be on the beach but don't want to spend more on the better hotel d...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Beth918_52,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I'm sorry that some of your experiences were less than desired. I'm glad that you enjoyed the beach. Our South Tower is connected to our North Tower by an interior corridor. I'm proud to say that we are the only hotel on the beach in Melbourne that has all interior corridors and room entrances.

The beach chair and umbrella vendor on the beach is not affiliated with the hotel and they set their own pricing. They are kind enough to allow our guests to have their rental charges posted to their account at the hotel.

I'm sorry that you had a longer than usual wait time for an elevator. We were experincing some mechanical difficulties with our elevators during your stay. As a result, some of our service staff needed to use the main elevator so that they could get to the rooms needing either Housekeeping or Maintenance services.

I have sent your concern about the service you received in our restaurant to our Food & Beverage Director.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. I see from your location that you are on the east coast. I hope that you and your family are safe and had no damage to your home from the recent hurricane.

Kaysville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I must say, I always do my research before deciding where to stay. There are always so many choices and pictures/descriptions cannot be relied upon. Love TripAdvisor!

I researched this hotel on TripAdvisor and was NOT disappointed!

Check in was a breeze. Ample parking: FREE

Room: The room was very very clean and roomy. Beautiful view out my balcony window. The beds were very comfortable. Internet access (free with my Hilton Honors) worked really well. Didn't really care for the gym-type open shower... hard to get warm in there without a shower door and water splashes everywhere (beware if you have kids). Loved the body wash! Oh yes, and the coffee in the real mugs was a nice touch! Fridge worked well too.

Pool: I swam in the pool one afternoon and it was absolutely enjoyable!

Pool bar: The outside bar was very nice. Jenn is a gem - great employee! Ordered a turkey wrap and it was very yummy.

Beach: Location is right on the beach... if you have kids, they will LOVE it! Private gate with a cleaning tower just inside.

Hilton Member's reception: I really appreciated the invite to the member's reception, but I do have a small complaint about it. The logistics of the thing were horrible. I was sitting at the bar trying to have a conversation with another person and everyone was lining up to my left... jamming into the center of the bar where everyone sits to get a drink. I have a couple of suggestions that might help; either have a table serving beer/wine (the easy stuff) to the side, or make a place where people can line up to get their drinks more orderly. It was utter chaos. Also, if you made it last 2 hours rather than 1, people might not be so urgent to get their two free drinks... (just sayin)

Overall, the property is very nice, safe, and clean. Sometimes beach locations can feel old, rundown, and mildewy - this place was NONE of that! All of the employees were kind and pleasant. Night before I checked out I asked if I could have a late checkout (one gal said I would have to call in the morning - another gal just said, what is your room number and I will put you down for it - very nice!)

Well done Hilton!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Jannster,

Thank you so much for your kind words and specific details about our property and staff. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I have forwarded your suggestions about our Hilton Honors Reception to our Food & Beverage Department. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We loved everything about this hotel. We had planned for a weekend get away to a place we could stay and relax, and not have to drive around too much. That's what we got. We ate, relaxed and enjoyed the weekend.
The only problem we had was we had booked and ocean front room, but got more of a side view. It was fine. We had a semi- ocean view/ parking lot view.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 1234m,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to relax. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you need a weekend away.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Whenever I want to escape to the beach, I go to the Melbourne Beach Hilton. All rooms are beach front, some with step-out balconies, others with full balconies. The North Tower is considered ocean front and the South Tower is considered ocean view. The staff is always friendly and helpful and the property is well kept.

Room Tip: If you want the full balcony, ask for the South Tower.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Karen B,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoy staying with us when you want to escape to the beach. We look forward to hosting you on your next escape.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I registered for a Symposium at the neighbouring Crown Plaza. The reason I ended up at the Hilton was because of the CP running full house. They put me up on the 8th floor directly facing the ocean. The view was stunning. With the beach right at its back the 24 hour sound of the pounding waves was rather theurepatic.

I did not realize that Melbourne was a good 65 km away from the Orlando Airport. Not well prepared, and having flown in from the other side of the world, I popped into a taxi, the ride of which never seemed to end. It cost me USD 160, ouch!! Later on I discovered that there was a van shuttle service for about USD 60. That was quite a tuition fee.

it was a typical 3 star HILTON. There was a seafood restaurant/bar which served good seafood. I had a 3 fin fish, and a wild salmon which I rated highly. The breakfast was average with a reasonable spread.

I enjoyed the early mornings, the break of dawn. I caught a few stunning and breathtaking pictures. From the 8th floor, you felt like in a cockpit of a space ship, the EARTH, moving into space. It was spiritually moving.

If you are expecting bikini clads sweet ladies and macho hunks on the beach you will be dissapointed. it was realatively empty except for a few retirees with their spouses.

You need your own transport to move around. Well the Hotel provided shuttle service but you would not have the flexibility.

The room was rather seasoned and in need of a makeover. Otherwise the linen and pillows were the standard HILTON fare. The coffee machine functioned and the supply of beverages was more then enough.

Staff were friendly. The laundry came back as promised. If not for the symposium I would not end up here.

Room Tip: Directly ocean facing if you want to enjoy the sunrise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Jemapohexplorer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your view and the soothing sounds of the waves and the wonderful sunrise. We are a bit more relaxed and laid back, so it is a bit quiet on our beach.

I'm so sorry that you were not aware of the distance between the beach and Orlando. It is about a one hour drive. I'm so glad that enjoyed the fish you had in our restaurant. That is our specialty. I hope that if you're ever in Melbourne again for a symposium or class that would stay with us. We'd love to host you again.

Marion, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I frequent Melbourne for business trips and when I wish to put my feet in the sand after work I stay at the Melbourne Beach Hilton. All rooms face to the ocean and this hotel provides the typical Hilton experience with the added benefit of being on the beach.

The hotel is has a small pool which I've never seen crowded since Melbourne is not a tourist hotbed and is just a 30 second walk from the beach. While the Melbourne beach is not a swimmer's paradise, I enjoy walking for miles either direction from hotel along the beach. Since this is an east facing hotel, the sunrises can be quite enjoyable on a clear morning.

I prefer the rooms in the South tower which are a bit newer and have large, high ceiling gravity showers rather than the standard tub/shower combo. The hotel has the standard Hilton gym and the breakfast buffet is noteably good.

I also don't recommend parking under the South tower since the pigeons who live above won't be kind to your car. (Better to park outside)

Room Tip: Recommend South Tower facing North, the higher floor the better
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Tcubsfan,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoy staying with us. We do have a great view of the beach and it is quiet and makes for a great walk. I'm happy to let you know that we will be starting work on a project in our garage to alleviate the problem with the pigeons. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!