“Hilton quality at a great price!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Enjoy Breakfast for 4!
Ranked #4 of 21 hotels in Melbourne
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Hilton quality at a great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Beautiful quiet area right on the beach w/ very competitive rates. Interior and exterior were nicely maintained. Rooms were spacious and came w/ a fridge and balcony. Balcony didn't quite give the best view of the ocean but was still a nice view. Staff was polite and very helpful. Next time I am in Melbourne I will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: Not sure what they refer to them as, but rooms in the right wing give you a better view and the high...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Lemarph81,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

591 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Apex, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a decent hotel in a nice location. However, the wireless internet service did not work in my room due to a poorly laid out wireless network. As a business traveler, it is imperative that I have access to the internet, so this hotel was a huge bust for me. if you need internet access, AVOID THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ratoncito,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I'm sorry that the wireless internet did not work in your room. I know how much of an inconvenience that is when traveling on business. I have passed your concern and notification on to our Director of Engineering and our General Manager so that they can troubleshoot the wireless access points and make any necessary adjustments. We do have hardwire available, but I know that limits you to one location.

Thank you again for your comments. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Melbourne area.

C. Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Normally I stay at the Radisson (next door) but had a family member visit that insisted on bringing their dog. The Hilton is dog friendly. Both rooms were clean and offered great views. I preferred the Hilton's common areas over the Radisson because they were more spacious and tasteful. I preferred the Radisson's rooms because for the same price I am able to secure a suite with a full balcony. The view from the Radisson runs parallel to the beach offering a better view. What dropped my average from 4 to a 3 was my AC stopped working in the early morning. We were too tired to make a fuss which would have lead us (family of 4) to a room change. I'm sure it was a freak thing but it happened.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Famoffoxes,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm so sorry that the air conditioner stopped working during your stay with us. Living and traveling in Florida, a functioning air conditioner is a must. I'm glad that your family member was able to bring their dog. I hope they found time to enjoy the dog beach just north of the hotel.

Thank you again for your comments. I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this property since it was the only hotel in the immediate area that accepted larger dogs. We've stayed at several neighboring properties in the past, and had we not been traveling with our dog, we would not have stayed at the Hilton. While housekeeping did a great job and the room was clean, it lacked a microwave, despite having a refrigerator. As our dining options were limited with the dog, having a microwave to prepare take-out or leftovers would have been a nice option.

Our room had what some might call an "ocean view," but whoever designed the hotel did not understand the value of a hotel built parallel to the beach. Compared to neighboring properties whose rooms directly face the ocean, the view from the Hilton's rooms is not inspiring.

During our stay, the hotel was hosting at least one convention, as parking was the worst I have ever seen at a hotel. On one night, there were literally no parking spaces available. Vehicles were forced to park at the ends of rows, limiting traffic to one direction. This reflects very poorly on the property management - as a paying guest, I expect to have one parking space available, regardless of location. I do not want to be forced to park at the end of an aisle or on the side of the lot, creating the possibility that my vehicle is damaged by traffic.

My wife and I will be visiting Melbourne again, but we will not be staying at the Hilton. If traveling with a large dog, the Hilton is a good choice, but if that's not an issue, I feel there are other properties that are comparable in price that offer a better value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ExAstrisScientia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I'm sorry that your experience was less than desired. I will be sure to pass your kinds words about your housekeeper to their manager. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with your dog. I hope that you were able to enjoy the dog beach located just north of the hotel.

You are correct that our rooms do not currently have microwaves. I'm sorry that no one on our staff offered to heat up your leftovers as we do have a microwave available for that. Some of our rooms do have more of a coastal view rather than a direct forward view of the ocean. I have forwarded your concerns about the style of parking of other guests to our General Manager so that this can be addressed with both our Engineering Department and also our security staff.

I am sorry that you do not have a pleasant experience with us. I do hope that you will give us another chance to show you how accommodating we can be the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband booked us a few nights here and it was very pleasant. I loved the pool and tiki bar and the beach as well. The staff was amazing, I will definately stay here again!!!

• Stayed July 2012
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Priscilla 34744,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and for your kind words about our staff. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the pool and the beach during your time here. We look forward to hosting you and your husband again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay. Very comfortable place, great beach location and an extremely nice staff. The restaurant was not busy when I was there, but it was very good. Nicely located near shops, etc. Would absolutely stay there agan. Not a fancy place, but a great place to stay on the beach. I am a Starwood Gold, but switched to Hilton after a horrible stay at the W in New York on Lexington where the staff could not care less.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Worldtraveler 123451,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I'm so glad that you have switched to Hilton properties. You won't be disappointed. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to spend some time investigating our town and enjoying the many shops we have along with our wonderful beach. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Melbourne area.

Safety Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

this place was reasonably priced and perfect for sitting on the beach at night watching the sea turtles come in during nesting season...clean, beautiful decor..nice restaurants inside..loved the pool and tiki bar...although the maid was a little rude, and there are no refridgerators in the rooms unless you request one.... but the establishment was excellent...A++++

Room Tip: Oceanfront room, def worth it!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear dwn2earth_80,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I'm sorry that your housekeeper was rude. I will speak to the Housekeeping Manager so she can remind her staff that manners and gracious courtesy must be used at all times for everyone. You are correct that not all of our rooms have refrigerators.

I'm so glad that you got to experience our annual Sea Turtle Migration. It's a great sight to see these wonderful animals building their nests and laying their eggs. Thank you again for your time and comments. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to the coast.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!