“Great weekend escape” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Miami, Florida
“Great weekend escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We went to this hotel for a weekend escape..really great! The room was kept very clean, the staff, was fantastic, the food A1. Even though it was full, there was a sense of peace and serenity;n just what we were looking for. If you want a peaceful weekend with your significant other, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Dear Drivebelt,

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your weekend away with us. Melbourne is the perfect place to wind down from the hustle and bustle of the city. We look forward to hosting you again on your next weekend away.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Wmsport, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We recently spent nearly a week here during spring break. We asked for and received a lovely upper floor room in the north tower with a fabulous view of the Atlantic Ocean. You could hear the waves like you were standing right next to the water...perfect! The room was quiet for sleeping but the hotel and pool area were full of activity during the day! For days on the beach, the hotel had chairs and umbrellas for rent.The tiki bar staff was wonderful, thanks especially to Beckie who was fun and went out of her way to make things enjoyable! A menu of sandwiches, wraps, and other snack-type food was available every day, along with fountain beverages and adult drinks. We opted for the breakfast buffet (which was offered for a small daily additional fee when I booked the room) and it was well worth it! Everything from cold cereal to made-to-order waffles and omelets was available every day, drinks were included and the wait staff was wonderful, special thanks to Thomas and Betty! The hotel facilities were clean, decorated nicely, and the front desk staff and housekeeping were all very pleasant and helpful. Really great value for the money! The community is not very developed but has enough restaurants and shops to satisfy most needs. We even had terrific weather which is always a nice bonus! Overall, we had a wonderful experience and look forward to a return visit in the near future!

Room Tip: South tower rooms have balconies with chairs; north tower rooms have a better ocean view to the sout...
Dear Zeta Mom,

Thank you so much for your kinds words. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your week long stay with us. I will be sure to forward your comments regarding our staff to their management. It was our pleasure to host you and we look forward to your return.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I was surprised at the view that I got for a modest rate. Everything was great. There was a . small mechanical problem that was handled very profesionally. The desk service was excellent!

Room Tip: Even a partial ocean view can be great.
Dear bthomaspe,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your view. You really can't beat it! I'm happy that our Engineering Department was able to assist you with your issue quickly and professionally. We look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Renton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

All the elements of a great beachfront stay are here. The location is convenient and easy to find - there are grocery & drug stores, as well as gas stations, nearby - other shopping too. It's about a 10-15 minute ride to MLB and easy to find.

Check-in was very easy - we arrived early and the room was ready. We checked in and did some local sight-seeing. After that, we came back, walked the beach, and enjoyed some fresh air at the pool bar. Not sure what to order, I told the bartender what I liked and he made me a yummy beverage. A bit later, we at at the hotel restaurant. Service was excellent, and we enjoyed our meal.

Our room was wonderful - on the 11th floor... a fantastic view! The room was very clean. The beds were comfortable, and the request for foam pillows was promptly filled. Room temperature was well-maintained our entire stay.

I felt like the night/early morning staff went "above & beyond" to help me with a little problem. I got a bad stomach virus & the front desk clerk and security guard went - in my opinion - out of their way to get me some tea bags - even offering to get hot water I could take up to my room [I declined - I just made hot water with the coffee maker]. Not feeling too great, I appreciated their efforts to help.

Check-out was quick and efficient.

I look forward to coming back to the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront - if not sooner, it will be next April!

Room Tip: For an amazing view, try to get an upper room in the north tower
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Dear Seattle Kati,

Thank you so much for the positive review you gave our property and our staff. I will be sure to share your comments with our Front Desk Manager, Food & Beverage Director and Housekeeping Manager. We're thrilled that you had a great time in Melbourne and look forward to your return.

Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We stayed in two different rooms--one in the slightly older building and one in the newer South Tower. All South Tower rooms have balconies you can sit on; the balconies in the north building are too narrow. Every room has a beautiful ocean view. The whole hotel is clean and attractive, and the service is friendly and helpful. Melbourne Beach is nice, but the rest of the area, not so much. Highway driving, iffy restaurants, noise. Thank heaven for the rolling waves!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Carrieruth,

Thank you so much for your positive review of our property. I will be sure to share your comments with our management team about the staff and the service you received. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you return to the Melbourne area.

Middleburg, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and I always enjoy the comfort of the rooms. The pool deck looks nice; however, I am usually in and out for business. The price is excellent for the quality of this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower, as all tower rooms face the beach.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I will stay here next time and not down the street at the Crowne Plaza...I stayed at this Hotel before and was much better then the one down the street..I made a mistake this trip will not do that again.....This Hotel is very clean and not a rust bucket...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!