“Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Maryland
“Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed here in mid-March on a trip with a couple friends to see Nats spring training games. Room was modern, clean and comfortable. Could not have been better. Lobby/breakfast area was the same. Big screen LCD there, couches, tables, etc. Ample free breakfast. Wireless worked throughout the building. Helpful front desk staff for dinner suggestions (not their fault almost all the choices are chains). Can only say good things about this place and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Berea, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Myself and my family stayed at this hotel for a week while my son played spring baseball at a local sports facility. We had a pretty easy check in and were able to unload the vehicle of all of our stuff pretty easily since they have several carts to carry stuff to your room on. The room passed the bedbug check with flying colors and the entire room was very very clean. I left a tip for our maid each morning with requests for extra items such as towels or makeup removers for the wife and each evening when we returned the room would be spotless with our requests fullfilled. The beds are a bit soft and caused some trouble with my wifes bad back, but, overall the rooms were very nice and roomy with very new looking furnishings. The food bar is very nice in the mornings with plenty of selection and a freindly staff running it. The first night we stayed there happened to be the daylight savings jump forward night where you lose an hour and the hostess still allowed us to eat while she cleaned up the next morning even though we were twenty minutes past the stopping time with the time change. That was MUCH appreciated! Plenty of parking and the area is quite secure feeling where the hotel is sort of in a corner of the businesses area and out of the way. There were several Washington Nationals baseball organization players coaches and big wheels there while we stayed, but, we left them alone to go about their business. A couple of players signed baseballs for some smaller children at breakfast one morning which was cute. My only complaint is the fact that I like a ground room floor when I stay at a hotel and they didn't have any two bed rooms on the ground floor. They do have a few king bed rooms on the ground floor. Bob Evans Restaurant and Sonny's Barbecue are on both sides of the place and handy for eating. Plenty of restaurants and shopping within a half mile as well.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are pretty nice. You could not hear the interstate from where we stayed, but, we w...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Note, that the hotel itself was about average for a Hampton and that my unfortunate experience may be an isolated event due to an ineffectual staff member.

I arrived at this Hampton at 3:00am, only to be informed that my room had been given away, despite a credit card guarantee. (Apparently, I should also call in the future.) In any event, the staff stated that they had rooms available with alternative bed types, which was fine with me. After actually spending 30 minutes trying to figure out which of these alternative rooms were unoccupied the staff handed me a keycard and I went to the room. The room was occupied, which was awkward for me, and extremely unpleasant for the individual whom I had just woken up at 3:30am.

I returned downstairs to find the staff member getting rather cozy with her apparent boyfriend, and informed her of the issue. She gave me a key to another room nearly immediately, which she "had been in earlier and knew was unoccupied." While this seemed odd, given that she had not sent me to this particular room immediately, I went to the room and it was infact unoccupied. I did notice that the room had a tube of toothpaste in it, however, which raised my suspicion that it had been occupied at some point, perhaps for a short time by the staff member and her boyfriend...

Despite the potential for lewd behavior, the beds were made, so I just went to sleep. The stay was otherwise unremarkable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I found this Hampton Inn location well run and customer conscience. The lady at the check in was friendly, but did not greet me as a Hilton Honors member.
The room, bedding and bathroom were clean. Internet access was easy. We were very impressed with the sliding glass doors for the shower.....no more flooded bathroom floors!
The parking area was well lit affording security for an evening walk.
The only sour note was that no one was at the desk when we checked out. We waited approximately 10 minutes for the lady to come out of the back. She did not apologize for being away from the desk, nor did I receive a receipt for my stay.
However, I do recommend this Hampton Inn location in Viera. Nice job Mr Napoli.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

We selected this Hampton Inn in Viera/Melbourne as it was just off I-95 and about 20 miles from Port Canaveral. We just returned from a cruise and a friend was driving up from West Palm Beach to spend the day with us. What a terrific hotel and location. We usually stay at Hampton Inns and are rarely disappointed. This Hampton Inn exceeded all expectations. It was absolutely spotless, the rooms, eating, and lounging area were immaculate. The service was superior in every way. The morning breakfast was a traditional Hampton Inn breakfast, everything was stocked, hot foods were hot and fresh; the food display and eating area was clean and neat and provided a great start to our day. As far as the hotel location, the surroundings had everything to offer. Plenty of great restaurants close by, Bob Evans is in front, a great BBQ place is just a short walk from the parking lot, across the street are fast foods places and a very short drive to many excellent places to eat, groceries and shopping. Hotel and surrounding area is very safe, the parking lot is well lit and provides for a confident and comfortable stay. To our surprise the Brevard Zoo is next to the hotel and we spent a very enjoyable half day at the Zoo. We will stay at this hotel again and we highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor - room 306, excellent room, quite and spotless.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012 via mobile

We came in late at night after flying into Orlando. They gave us a really good price. Nice and clean. I would stay here again.

This place was also recommended because the hotels on the other side of the road aren't as clean and have a bad clientele (so we were told by a restaurant waitress.

• Stayed January 2012
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Very polite, informative staff. Hotel was clean for the most part (lobby and room). BUT when I got into the shower, it had long black hairs stuck all over the walls. Free continental breakfast was warm, and fresh. It's a shame the shower was dirty because everything else was pretty good!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Melbourne-Viera? Share your experiences!