“Crepes and many types of bubble teas...a pleasant lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 361 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: French
North Carolina
“Crepes and many types of bubble teas...a pleasant lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I agree the crepes are a little bit too large for the amount of filling, but our coronado crepe (scrambled eggs/havarti cheese, avocado and sour cream) was very tasty on the buckwheat. Everything was fresh and tasted good. We had a fruit crepe for dessert and it could have had a little more fruit and lots more honey on it, but it was still fresh and tasty. The service was good consdering we went in during the Melbourne Art Festival (that gets about 50k visitors in one week-end). We really enjoyed the incredible root beer they serve (which is alcoholic, so on beer menu). I would go back on our next vacation visit to the area. It is a nice change of pace from the same old fast food or chain restaurants.

• Visited April 2014

“Very Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We went on a weeknight & there was no wait. The waiter was very nice & professional. Our food was really good (I had a creamy chicken crepe & my husband had an Indian chicken style). We both got ours in buckwheat, which was a little mistake on my part since I've never had buckwheat crepes before! They were good, but I regretted missing out on the deliciousness of the regular crepe. :) The dessert crepe was AMAZING!!! We got one that had the works: banana, marshmallow, nutella, walnuts, etc. With a side of vanilla ice cream! Definitely the best dish that we had, we think we'll go back for only dessert on a regular basis. The only thing is that we found the addition of $2 for a side salad was a bit much since all it consisted of was about a cup of mixed greens & vinaigrette drizzle. It was good & added to the dish, but seemed a bit over priced for what it was. I'd skip it next time - if we actually eat dinner again & not just dessert!!!

Melbourne, Florida
“Nothing to Write Home About”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

It's a nice change for Melbourne. The venue is great. They did a really nice jog on the remodel and build out but the food is just OK. I had a seafood crepe. Not very flavorful and there was TOO much crepe and not enough filling. Probably would have appeared more proportionate if the crepe were smaller. Also, although the wine recommendation was good, if you are going to serve a 3-4 oz. wine serving you shouldn't' serve it in a 12 oz. glass. Between the oversized crepe vs. filling and the oversized wine glass vs. serving the perception is not a good value for the money.
A plus is they do serve gluten free crepes but they cook them on the same pan as the regular crepes.
I might go back for a glass of wine and the cheese board but I don't think I'll waste my money on the crepes.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Indialantic, Florida
“La Crepe de France”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The restaurant opened with-in the past few weeks. My diner of smoked salmon crepe was fine but my wife's chicken tarragon was dry and too salty. Our desert lacked enough fruit to justify the amount we were charged for it. The establisment was clean and bright and service was spot on. Would not be our first choice for a return visit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rockledge, Florida
“Great Crepes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have been to La Crepe 3 times now, and each time has been great. Every time I go, I usually order the rose milk tea with boba (my first drink there and my favorite; very fragrant and not too sweet - must try!), a savory crepe for an entree and a dessert crepe. The portions are enough to fill you up, but I like to eat a lot and I don't really have a great definition of portion control, haha.
I am always stuffed when I leave. Everything has been great and the service has been wonderful. The only two crepes that I remembered not enjoying too much was the Sucre et Citron (Sugar and lemon) crepe, which was not bad, but was covered in lemon juice and almost soaking in it so it was very tart, and the Ratatouille crepe which was very bland (but I guess that is expected since it is all vegetables). Personally, I think the savory crepes are on the expensive side (the sweet crepes seem to be priced averagely), but perhaps the restaurant is trying to go for a more higher dining experience. Other than that, I can't wait to go back to try the other crepes!