“Pasta with a twist, among other things” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 358 restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Creative, casual cuisine influenced by the islands. Island Pasta Co. restaurant is one of the most popular dining destinations in downtown Melbourne, FL, and all of Brevard County. Our menu is chock full of flavorful pastas and amazing entrees with a twist. We were the first to bring the Brazilian cocktail, Caipirinhas, made with sugar cane rum, to the area. We are known for our mango and cucumber basil martinis. A new favorite, the Ring of Fire, incorporates tequila, fresh red pepper and mint. Come and enjoy Island Pasta Co., an intimate restaurant grounded on simple, creative and fun food, prepared with fresh ingredients.
Palm Bay, Florida
“Pasta with a twist, among other things”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This restaurant offers diversity in the pasta world, they are very creative in their approach, all of the dishes we have tried have been delicious, they also have an array of Caribbean delicacies (Mojo Pork Tostones, Brazilian Empanadas) the restaurant is cozy and colorful, the service is great

Visited April 2013

83% Recommend
Orlando, Florida
“Island Pasta”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Once a favorite restaurant due to their delicious food, disappointment abounds for a single reason - they're never open according to their own schedule. My experience started with a number of meetings with friends, only to arrive and find the restaurant closed early. I settled for personal reconnaissance beforehand, planning to tell friends if our evening's meeting was on. I ranted and raved about the food, stating that they were worth another try. Sadly, each successive time met with either a locked door, or a lonely worker at the bar stating they had just closed. Eventually, my group of friends gave up on it, and we found other places open for business.

Is it unreasonable to propose the idea that when you earn a reputation for never being open when people want dinner, it's a downward cycle from there - people assume you just won't be open, and will simply go somewhere else. If you're going to post hours, stick to them, or change them to a timeframe you're willing to stay open.

It's been several months now since I've last experienced this restaurant. But I thought it was worth mentioning that I miss the food and wish they were open for dinner.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
IslandPasta, Owner at Island Pasta Company, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Jack-
I am on this and will get it fixed right away. We fully understand the importance of keeping the posted hours for our guests. Thanks for the kind words on the food. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Great Little Bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have stopped there several times for a quick lunch.
Great place to sit in the window and just people watch as you enjoy a delicious light lunch. We have never stopped there for dinner but imagine it would be just as good.

Visited May 2013
Florida
“Quaint area of Melbourne with good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is a frequent haunt of my friend and I when we want to have a nice lunch. Lots of salads, even one with curry. We are always satisfied when eating here.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bucksport, Maine
“Good food, good prices, good service...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We arrived at 5:59 but our server offered us the half price appetizer special that runs until 6. The crab dip was so tasty! I had the blue crab and shrimp chowder and it was wonderful. I just wish I had had enough room to try their desserts.

• Visited April 2013