“Great atmosphere, great service, great food” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 361 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great atmosphere, great service, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stopped in Melbourne for one night on our way to the Keys. When driving thru the historic area we noticed this place and decided to try it. I had the pressed Cuban with an IPA- awesome. My wife had the Irish stew trio (shepherds pie, beef stew, ?). Her bloody mary was top shelf and came with sidecar of New Castle "cabbie". The whole experience was excellent.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Madison, Wisconsin
“Yum Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Excellent bartenders. Excellent food. We all enjoyed our food and drinks. Service was excellent. Would come back again

Vero Beach, Florida
“Great Cheeseburger and $0.18 Cup of Soup!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Delicious Cheeseburger $7.99 with your choice of swiss, cheddar or american. It comes with coleslaw and a large piece of pickle. Fantastic tasting cup of bean soup for only $0.18! Great service and food at Meg O'Malley's!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Florida
“Very Good Irish Comfort Food, Loud Atmosphere, Limited Parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We went here last week. My wife had the Reuben which was outstanding and I had the pork loin special. Special was very good, mustard gravy hot and tasty, mashed potatoes plentiful (actually too much), and vegetables (carrots and broccoli) outstanding. My only gripe is that the pork loin was trimmed of the grisly fat and was warmer. Chocolate cake for dessert was like fudge, very rich. I tried Smithwick's ale, tasted like Newcastle and was okay. The big downers of this place is the parking in downtown Melbourne (not their fault) and the loud atmosphere. We were even outside in the back and the table next to us had two loud chimneys. I understand the city is taking over the private lot in the back left which should add about twenty spaces. Service was pleasant and efficient.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palm Bay, Florida
“Some of the food is great, other is average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have eaten at Meg O'Malley's a number of times over the years. Much of the food is really excellent, some not quite as good. Their ribs are to die over. The meat melts of the bones and they are wonderful. The last time I went for lunch, my wife had a corned beef Cuban. It was absolutely wonderful. I had shepherd's pie. The regular sized portion was a bit small. Would have like more mashed potatoes and the "pie" had thick slices of cooked carrots in it, which I did not really like. But that is a matter of taste. The meat and gravy were authentic. I have had salads and hamburgers there as well as other pub fare. The 18 cent bean soup is very popular, although I don't care for bean soup myself.

Meg O'Malley's has a great pub atmosphere. It does get noisy and difficult to talk. When the have entertainment, the good news is that the entertainers are usually good. The bad news you can't hear yourself think, no less talk.

I have always found the service to be very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere