“Nice view, average food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Boca Raton
“Nice view, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The woman at the bed and breakfast where we were staying recommended this as a nice relaxed place to get a good meal. It was relaxing but the food was just sort of average. We had conch fritters which were mostly dough and my husband had some type of fish that was a bit bland. The best thing we ordered were the peel and eat shrimp, which we asked for chilled and they came piping hot. They make an odd side dish of beans, corn and carrots. We thought it would be sort of a light al fresco sort of thing but it was really more like Boy Scouts make over a campfire. Heavy and strange for outdoors in the summer. We did enjoy seeing the dolphins off of the back deck.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Florida
“What a difference 60 days made....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Came back after 60 days, skipped this place for two years due to very bad prior experience.
Wife and I decided to try for a fish sandwich lunch on a Saturday. Deck has been expanded and covered; looks good and much more comfortable with the shade; they need fans very badly. The day was still and my wife overheated and I was concerned she would pass out. We had to go home for her to cool down, ruined rest of day.
Nice variety of lunch items. We talked to friends who still ate there and the lunch men has not changed in over a year except for higher prices. We both tried Grouper Baskets for the second time, cooked properly but bland. Real negative was that the server knew the fish was not local; usually that means it is from South America and may be any white fish; the flavor was not American Grouper. Server was attentive but looked like she was getting overheated also.
We will go back but not until cooler temperatures.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winter Park, Florida
“Nice waterside ambiance...low key”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is a low key place set on the river. They serve good seafood, in a relaxed and laid back atmosphere. Definitely eat outside on the patio, unless it's raining. The interior is rather small and cramped feeling. Every time I come to Melbourne I eat at least one dinner her, and suggest that you do the same the next time you're in Melbourne!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Bruschetta Grouper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Wow, is that delicious!!! Lived in the area some time ago and now travel to this area on business and always make it a point to stop here for my favorite meal. Had the coconut crusted grouper fingers this time too, also really good. Cool little place on the river with a great view.

Visited July 2014
Mount Airy, Maryland
“Why all the negative reviews?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

It's been a few years since I visited Melbourne, but wanted to revisit one of my favorite restaurants. I was sad to see negative reviews and was wary about giving it a try. My coworker and I decided the view coupled with a warm breezy evening would make it worth the risk. I started with a side salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing. The salad could have had more lettuce and veggies. The dressing seemed commercial, but was very tasty. For the main dish, I had the grouper special which was Parmesan crusted and topped with a tomato salsa. Was served over angel hair pasta. The combination was wonderful. I so wanted the home made key lime pie for dessert, but was stuffed from the dinner. Perhaps I will pass on the Murphy's Stout before dinner next time.

• Visited June 2014