“Great place - flavorful food - very foodie” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Melbourne, Florida
“Great place - flavorful food - very foodie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Food was excellent and displayed in a very attractive way. You can tell it was actually prepared and cooked by chef. The menu was small but this was not a bad thing - the quality of the options was excellent. It has food that is fun to look at and very tasty and flavorful to eat! It's difficult to find a fun eclectic place to eat anywhere around Melbourne - I will definitely go back. The only negative was the decor it was a bit dull shame its not a little more romantic or upscale.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Melbourne Beach, Florida
“I sooo wanted this to be good...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Melbooring, continues to live up to its unwanted but accurate moniker. I gave this relatively new cafe a pass for a few months of opening jitters to resolve. Sadly, it has not.

The dining room is relatively unchanged from its equally disappointing predecessor.

The most warm, read HOT temperature setting ever that I have sat through. Yes, I should have left at that moment of acuity.

Salads, were good if spartan. The roasted beets were the 'star' of the evening. Sublime perfection.

Grouper, was prepared well but small in portion for price charged.

I could go on but why? Maybe the winter crowd will save it but they are more culinary-savy than most of us and I suspect the place will die within 12-months.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

After reading the good reviews on TripAdvisor my husband and I decided to try The Seafood Place out. We were not disappointed, the dishes we ordered were really good. The jalapeño cornbread they were serving was delicious. Our waiter was very nice and attentive. We will definitely be back!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indialanrtic fl.
“Finally,a good seafood place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband, friends and myself have eaten there several times and found the food to be excellent as well as the service. If I had to recommend a seafood place this is definately the one. There seafood salad appetizer is delicious. Don't leave without trying there homemade desserts.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Florida
“A lot of positive hype about nothing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were looking forward to dining here as friends had such positive things to say about it. Boy do our friends not know seafood. This was a pretty awful experience with the exception of our waiter. He was good and I actually felt sorry for him because after taking our order he had to come back to our table 4, yes 4, times to tell us they were out of something else on the menu. People read the reviews, this is the norm here it seems. It was a Thursday and not busy at all. We thought the menu looked very interesting. We ordered Calamari which was awful. It tasted completely like salty hickory bacon. I asked the waiter if it was fried in bacon and he said no it was hickory smoked tomatoes. There was no evidence of tomatoes so I had to assume they were in the breading even though it showed no color. We love all types of Calamari but not this one. It had an awful artificial taste similar to liquid smoke. I ordered the Lobster Bisque. The waiter came back to tell me they were out of that so I settled for Clam Chowder. It was passable. Good enough, but not remarkable. For my taste the cubes of potato were to crunchy and under cooked. For our next course I ordered the roast beet salad and my husband ordered the Caesar salad. The waiter came back to tell us they were out of Roman. Seriously, out of Roman on a slow Thursday. So we decided we would just share my roasted beet salad. Another disappointment. This salad tasted like beets from a jar. Little beets cut in quarters dressed with a little goat cheese and walnut pieces. They did not taste roasted but jarred. We ate them as we like beets almost any way and the goat cheese was good, but this was not the salad we expected to be served. On to our entrees. My husband wanted the shrimp dish, I ordered the scallops. Back came the waiter after we were almost finished with the beets to tell us the chef now says they are out of shrimp. Really ! Bisque, Roman, now shrimp. Oh and least I forget, they were out of bread, again, yes bread. Okay change that order to crispy skinned salmon. My scallops looked lovely sitting on the green beans and maple butternut squash. When I took the first bite I realized they to tasted like bacon and were extremely salty. No sweetness of scallop could I detect at all. There were chucks of what looked like fat back bacon mixed in with the scallops and the beans. When I separated them from my three, yes three, scallops it was clear I had more fatty bacon than scallops on the plate. I realize the bean are cooked with the bacon but they did not taste of it. The butternut squash was a darker color than you would expect. Too much cinnamon, too much maple. Tasted like an over sweet pie filling. My husband said the salmon was good, moist and tasty. after you pulled off the overly salty crispy skin. It was too salty to eat. Everything was salty. So now we have all too salty, too sweet squash with too much cinnamon. The chefs have a very heavy hand which makes me think they have faulty taste buds. I know this review is long but when your giving a new restaurant a one rating you really need to explain. So to sum it up our waiter was good, our bottle of wine was good the food was awful and for the $100.00 bill we could of gotten a better meal almost anywhere in town. We won't be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lexi S, Owner at The Seafood Place, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Let me start with our deepest apologies.This is far from the norm for our restaurant and I will investigate. Being a new restaurant we are a work in progress and Thursday was a learning experience that we will grow from. Thank you for your feedback, if you would not mind please call me on my cell 321-258-2397. Lexi