“Wife's Adventure continues” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 349 restaurants in Melbourne
Melbourne, Florida
“Wife's Adventure continues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is less than 5 minutes from home and we go every month or so. My Wife shocked me a month ago when she announced she wanted Sushi; we went out and she liked it.i. I have had it here several times and it has always been very good. Last night was no exception. We both had sushi rolls, both were very good and properly prepared.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Columbus, GA
“Best Sushi. Thai and Service degrading.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Let me get my silly complaint out first. $75 into a meal for two people and the entrees, Pad Thai and a curry dish are served with ONE CUP of rice (see pictures). Yes I could afford to pay for a few more cups for the table, but it is not a customary experience for me and I don't think I should have to. I'm surprised it has bothered no one else. When I told the waitress who appeared to be restaurant family, that I was not very happy that only one cup of rice came with the meal, she said I could pay for another order... of the same size. I told her that was not acceptable and her non sequitur response was enough to kill the evening.

OK, the bottom line is they serve some of the best sushi hands down and at a relatively reasonable price. Their mori A at under $20 with 10 different fresh buttery melt in your mouth fish on top of near perfectly balanced rice was just harmony. If I could afford to eat their sushi every night, I probably would (if I could get past the waitress and the Seinfeldesque rice issue.) I can't recommend this restaurant, but if you go, stay with the sushi. Oh, they put no wasabi paste on my boat and when I asked for some I could not figure out if I was insulting them by asking (like asking for ketchup at a fancy restaurant) or if they put it and I just could not find it. Their reaction to the request was really weird.

Thai food was adequate but nothing special. Fresh spring rolls were all fluff and tasted as seasoned as tap water. While their fish sauce dip was good it was saturated with shredded carrots and their peanut sauce tasted canned and watered down. Their fried spring rolls were not my favorite and they served only two tiny rolls for the order. My experience has been that more than two of these would come with an order. We enjoyed the fried tofu, and it was cooked well, but it was served with one dipping sauce which made the dish boring after two pieces.

Lobster Pad Thai came with all the same enthusiasm and effort to make the customer happy as their waitress. I mean we ate it because we paid for it, but if it had come from a buffet I would not be back for seconds. The curry dish was good, but you can get good curry at alot of places, many of those will give you enough rice to enjoy it with.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Anderson, South Carolina, USA
“Great sushi!!Small Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Right across the street from the resort at the port is a great sushi place. Kinda small but good food. Recommended by the bar staff at the hotel. Give it a try!

Visited June 2013
Midland, Texas
“High expectations based on reviews, but expectations not met.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

After reading the previous reviews, I tried this restaurant having fairly high expectations for their food and service. Unfortunately, neither lived up to the level as presented herein.

Touching first on service, when I arrived, even though the restaurant wasn't busy, I was left waiting for a host/hostess to seat me for at least 5 minutes.... and once finally seated, it took an inordinately long time for someone to come around and take my food order.

On the food, I ordered a solid stable on which I can compare with other Thai restaurants I have experienced, the Shrimp Pad Thai. After a somewhat longer than average wait for the preparation, I will at least say the food was served hot. And it falls downward from there. The shrimp were smaller than I have been served in other Thai restaurants, and were somewhat overcooked/tough. The pad thai itself was ok, but the "knock my socks off" flavor was nonexistent. Rather, I have had this at other Thai restaurants in my travels that have definitely blown this restaurant away.

In summary for the TL;DR types, it was really pretty average. I've had better elsewhere.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
boca raton
“Some of the BEST!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This has to be some of THE BEST thai food that we have EVER had!!!......NOT KIDDING!!.....everything was SO FRESH!!!.....FLAVOR FLAVOR FLAVOR......we were at a nearby hotel with a killer ocean view so we got some things to have while kicking back on the balcony and listening to the ocean.......we started with a dragon roll.......i am not kidding you....i have NEVER had wasabi or ginger so FRESH....it made the roll SING!....hardly touched the soy, and i usually use ALOT......next we split a beef satay......MMMM...charred on the outside and tender on the inside.....INCREDIBLE sweet chili sauce.......we both got a Thai salad ***** and then split a pad LoMein......SO MANY fresh veg....and the LIGHTEST of sauce.......and afterwards.....neither of us was "stuffed" or "miserable" or had ANY dinner after effects......I would go back to this restaurant in a NY SECOND!!!!.....and the next time i'm in Melb.....I WILL......thank you Thai Thai.....you helped make a GREAT weekend getaway for us!!!

• Visited April 2013