“Great sushi!!Small Place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Anderson, South Carolina, USA
“Great sushi!!Small Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Right across the street from the resort at the port is a great sushi place. Kinda small but good food. Recommended by the bar staff at the hotel. Give it a try!

Visited June 2013

Midland, Texas
“High expectations based on reviews, but expectations not met.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

After reading the previous reviews, I tried this restaurant having fairly high expectations for their food and service. Unfortunately, neither lived up to the level as presented herein.

Touching first on service, when I arrived, even though the restaurant wasn't busy, I was left waiting for a host/hostess to seat me for at least 5 minutes.... and once finally seated, it took an inordinately long time for someone to come around and take my food order.

On the food, I ordered a solid stable on which I can compare with other Thai restaurants I have experienced, the Shrimp Pad Thai. After a somewhat longer than average wait for the preparation, I will at least say the food was served hot. And it falls downward from there. The shrimp were smaller than I have been served in other Thai restaurants, and were somewhat overcooked/tough. The pad thai itself was ok, but the "knock my socks off" flavor was nonexistent. Rather, I have had this at other Thai restaurants in my travels that have definitely blown this restaurant away.

In summary for the TL;DR types, it was really pretty average. I've had better elsewhere.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
boca raton
“Some of the BEST!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This has to be some of THE BEST thai food that we have EVER had!!!......NOT KIDDING!!.....everything was SO FRESH!!!.....FLAVOR FLAVOR FLAVOR......we were at a nearby hotel with a killer ocean view so we got some things to have while kicking back on the balcony and listening to the ocean.......we started with a dragon roll.......i am not kidding you....i have NEVER had wasabi or ginger so FRESH....it made the roll SING!....hardly touched the soy, and i usually use ALOT......next we split a beef satay......MMMM...charred on the outside and tender on the inside.....INCREDIBLE sweet chili sauce.......we both got a Thai salad ***** and then split a pad LoMein......SO MANY fresh veg....and the LIGHTEST of sauce.......and afterwards.....neither of us was "stuffed" or "miserable" or had ANY dinner after effects......I would go back to this restaurant in a NY SECOND!!!!.....and the next time i'm in Melb.....I WILL......thank you Thai Thai.....you helped make a GREAT weekend getaway for us!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alabama
“Wonderful Tom Gai Soup!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I love Thai Thai--service is acceptable but the food is absolutely outstanding. Highly recommend for authentic Thai food in the Melbourne area.

Visited April 2013
Palm Bay, Florida
“Very good Thai food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We went to Thai Thai in Melbourne for lunch with family members who are vegan. It is difficult to find a place to eat when they are with us because usually there are not very many options for them in most places. They love Thai food and we heard good things about Thai Thai so we decided to give it a try. Most of their dishes have the choice of having tofu instead of meat in them. They ordered a tofu vegetable soup and spring rolls & Masaman curry with tofu. They really enjoyed their choices. My husband & I ordered the California roll. He ordered the Sweet and sour with squid & said it was very good. I had the Pad thai with chicken. It was also very good. Both of our entrees came with a tofu vegetable soup and a spring roll. Ask for the spice tray and they will bring you a tray of four spicey options to add to your entrée if you choose. My husband loves spicey things. The two things that I would have to comment negatively on are that we received our entrees and did not receive our sushi. When the waitress came back and we asked her if she forgot about our sushi she said no and went over and immediately got it and brought it to us. It was a very strange situation. We don't know what she was waiting for. We thought we would get it first since we had ordered it as an appetizer. The other thing that I didn't like was when we went to use the restroom the long hall to the restrooms had the strong smell of cigarette smoke. It was unpleasant to have to walk through that area. We did have good food and service though & the prices at lunch are very reasonable and from what we could see so are dinner prices. We will go back again even without our vegan relatives.

• Visited April 2013